Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 01:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh please, Obama already let dengue fever loose with his racism.
President Obama never attacked a sitting judge because his parents were of another heritage. What Donald Trump is saying is this American federal judge should be investigated because his parents were Mexican. And the group the judge belongs to is no different that a group of Irish or Italians supporting members of their heritage, it is not political at all. This is a leap that says, if you have any Mexican in your bloodlines, you should be investigated. And the poster I was replying to said the judge should be deported. This American federal judge was appointed to the Superior Court by Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Trump is attacking him because he didn't get his way. And if harm comes to this judge by Trump supporters, would Trump supporters endorse that too?

If Trump doesn't get his way in any legal proceeding, does he turn his supporters against the judge based on the heritage of their parents? Does Trump need a special judge with 100% European blood lines in order to rule on these Trump University lawsuits?

Considering Judge Curiel is an American born in Indiana who graduated with degrees from American universities, are we saying anyone of any Mexican heritage is now suspect? Because now you are attacking very legal citizens which destroys the previous excuse that it was just illegals he's been attacking. He's going after anyone with Mexican heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 01:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
I think I'm starting to believe the pundits that feel Trump really doesn't want to be president because it is just too difficult to act 'presidential,' so he's self-destructing.

After finally getting endorsements, and backing from the GOP, what does he do this week? Goes off on a ridiculous tangent about a the heritage of a federal judge turning him into a victim--so unfair. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. Some of his backers are nervous again about giving the big money Trump needs.

He made this absurdly dumb statement:

"...Trump told the Journal that his plan to close off the U.S. border with Mexico and his stated stance against illegal immigration makes the fact that Curiel’s parents are Mexican immigrants relevant. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” he said..."

Does he know he would have to get elected before he could even bring up his stupid wall to Congress? Which would then be rejected or debated for 10 years. He thinks it's the same as "I'm building a golf course." The guy has no clue what a president does.

It's like every day he comes out with some idiotic comment that basically translates to -- "I'm not really qualified to be president." Then he returns to screaming insults at people.

Megyn Kelly Rips Into Donald Trump for His Attacks on a Federal Judge | Vanity Fair

Old 06-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Trump seems to have an issue with Mexicans or Hispanics regardless of their legal status. He attacked Susannah Martinez, a Republican governor of New Mexico too. Now he goes after Judge Curiel. These are very legal American citizens. Curiel was appointed by Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:57 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
And because I don't support Obama - I'm racist - no one is more racist than you libs trying to define everyone by race, creed and color.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:32 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, in any case, it is pretty stupid to publicly comment about a case in which a judge is presiding over and attack the judge personally - when you are party to the case.
Not in the Trump Universe. Now when he loses the case, he can cry "see, I told you the judge was biased."

He's probably getting Joe Arpaio to investigate the judge and his family.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Not in the Trump Universe. Now when he loses the case, he can cry "see, I told you the judge was biased."

He's probably getting Joe Arpaio to investigate the judge and his family.
I sympathize with Judge Curiel, is he in danger from Trump supporters now?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Even after Ryan & Co. blasted Trump's criticism of the judge today, Trump is out there at it again. Rumor is that his campaign is at its wit's end, in disarray, and that nobody can get through to him to stop self-destructing.

This is who he is--a loose cannon who can go off at a moment's notice. The closer we get to the election the less confidence people will have in him. And he's planning a tour of his golf courses this summer?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I sympathize with Judge Curiel, is he in danger from Trump supporters now?
Well, he definitely has the support of birthers, and those people are nuts. But they are over the moon about Trump being the nominee. They still believe he's going to take President Obama down as soon as he gets into office.

They are idiots, which means they are a perfect fit for Trump.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Even after Ryan & Co. blasted Trump's criticism of the judge today, Trump is out there at it again. Rumor is that his campaign is at its wit's end, in disarray, and that nobody can get through to him to stop self-destructing.

This is who he is--a loose cannon who can go off at a moment's notice. The closer we get to the election the less confidence people will have in him. And he's planning a tour of his golf courses this summer?
I can't even fathom what Trump is saying here. That anyone of Mexican heritage should be investigated? How do we know these American citizens have been sufficiently investigated in order to trust them? Should they wear a yellow star?

Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The most bizarre thing about all of this is that Trump seems unaware that he needs at least some of the Hispanic vote to win, and yet just keeps pushing them farther away and cementing their dislike for him.

He seems incapable of using any strategy at all to win the presidency or understanding that he needs more than what he has. He really believes if he just says whatever he thinks whenever he wants, that people will vote for him.

Anyone think that he'll demand to see the judge's birth certificate (long form) or try to sue him?
It's really hard to pick out the most bizarre aspect of all of this. What you say is definitely true, but just about everything Trump does and says is absurd. And some of his ardent supporters on C-D are so willfully stupid that it's painful and embarrassing to read their comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections