Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Trump is essentially voicing his support for a new form of Nuremberg Laws in the United States directed at people of Hispanic heritage that would treat them as something less than a full citizen. A few posters in this thread have already taken the ball and run with it, voicing their support for the deportation and/or execution of American citizens based on their ethnicity.
Well, IF we're gonna go there: people like the descendants of the white supremacist Judge Leander Perez, George Romney and so on would ALL need to "leave" the US since when it get right down to it, they CAN claim "Hispanic". lol

Not all "Hispanic" people are Spanish speaking Indians from LatAm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 04:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Should we also disbar and expell members of all these groups, or their counterparts in other communities?
Amistad Long Island Black Bar Association
Arab American Bar Association
Asian American Bar Association of New York
Association of Black Women Attorneys
Black Bar Association of Bronx County
Capital District Black and Hispanic Bar Association
Dominican Bar Association
Hispanic National Bar Association - New York, Region II
Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York
Latino Lawyers Association of Queens County
LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York
Long Island Hispanic Bar Association
Metropolitan Black Bar Association
Minority Bar Association of Western New York
Minority Corporate Counsel Association
Muslim Bar Association of New York
National Bar Association, Region II National Black Prosecutors, Region 7
Nigerian Lawyers Association, Inc.
The Puerto Rican Bar Association
Rochester Black Bar Association
South Asian Bar Association of New York
Westchester Black Bar Association
Uh; those groups all but say they're "less" than anglo white based groups looking at their names. Too; Arabs are also "white" under US law.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"La raza" to me's just as bad as the Aryan Brotherhood, KKK, NBP and so on. I know a LOT of "Hispanic" people who look down on la raza just like most of us anglo white people think the Klan and AB are just trash.
Except Judge Curiel is not "La Raza":

The Dishonest Attempt to Associate Gonzalo Curiel with "La Raza" | RedState

"What they are attempting to do is associate Curiel with the National Council of La Raza, the radical left-wing and pro-illegal-immigration group that has gained significant notoriety in the news over the years as a group that is both anti-American and open to fomenting violent pro-immigration protests.

Curiel, however, has no affiliation with this group whatsoever. He is a member of La Raza Lawyers of California – aka the Latino Bar Association of California. They have absolutely no affiliation with National Council of La Raza. As far as I can tell, they appear to be a pretty garden variety special interest lawyers association. Every state has these chapters for Hispanic lawyers, black lawyers, women lawyers, Mormon lawyers, Christian lawyers, Jewish lawyers – you name it, there is a lawyer association for it in every state. They have meetings, everyone comes and eat lunch together, and they serve pretty much exclusively the function of networking, which is the lifeblood of legal business generation."

Old 06-03-2016, 05:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah, right.

La Raza literally means "the race". In the Americas it is often a term Hispanics use to refer to Hispanics. In other word, the judge belongs the the Hispanic Lawyers' Association, which is different than the National Council of Hispanics. They are NOT related anymore than the Black Caucus of Congress is related to the Black Panthers, even though both have the word black in their moniker. Or, any more than the Aryan Nation is the same as the United Nations.
I can't rep you, but great post.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:24 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Trump is acting very bizarre, I know that is to be expected but has gotten so shrill and over the top on his statements that he looks like he is ready to explode.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"La raza" to me's just as bad as the Aryan Brotherhood, KKK, NBP and so on. I know a LOT of "Hispanic" people who look down on la raza just like most of us anglo white people think the Klan and AB are just trash.
Well there is probably not much more to say, you're going to beleive what you want regardless of the facts.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is acting very bizarre, I know that is to be expected but has gotten so shrill and over the top on his statements that he looks like he is ready to explode.
The interviews with him today are so bizarre I keep expecting him to pull metal beads out of his pocket like Captain Queeg.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The interviews with him today are so bizarre I keep expecting him to pull metal beads out of his pocket like Captain Queeg.
I don't care for him at all but he has really gone beyond crazy and he's the candidate that won the nomination.

The democrats are split in half, Paul Ryan endorsed him and he felt a need for this, very strange.
His reactions and statements make no sense.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
I do know this. Illegal Mexicans do not like Mexican Americans. If a legal Mexican American is hired, the illegals will threaten them and treat them like the enemy and will go so far as scaring them in the work place that they will have an accident happen to them. They are Mexicans first.They do not want to work with any Americans.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:19 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Except Judge Curiel is not "La Raza":

The Dishonest Attempt to Associate Gonzalo Curiel with "La Raza" | RedState

"What they are attempting to do is associate Curiel with the National Council of La Raza, the radical left-wing and pro-illegal-immigration group that has gained significant notoriety in the news over the years as a group that is both anti-American and open to fomenting violent pro-immigration protests.

Curiel, however, has no affiliation with this group whatsoever. He is a member of La Raza Lawyers of California – aka the Latino Bar Association of California. They have absolutely no affiliation with National Council of La Raza. As far as I can tell, they appear to be a pretty garden variety special interest lawyers association. Every state has these chapters for Hispanic lawyers, black lawyers, women lawyers, Mormon lawyers, Christian lawyers, Jewish lawyers – you name it, there is a lawyer association for it in every state. They have meetings, everyone comes and eat lunch together, and they serve pretty much exclusively the function of networking, which is the lifeblood of legal business generation."
Some can't or won't accept to see the difference. But don't worry soon enough Trump will be making another comment that they will have to spin hard once again to try to make it pass as normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections