Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How can someone here illegally in our country not have committed the crime of working with a stolen SS number or for cash evading taxes? Those are crimes! I am sure that Trump would have no problem with Hispanics who are judges or otherwise that respects our border and are law abiding. I don't have the sources at hand but from what I read the judge is an illegal alien defender and supporter. I don't blame Trump for worrying about the bias since his stance is the complete opposite of that.

No one has the right to come to our country illegally to provide a better life for their families and take what doesn't belong to them. It doesn't matter if the child was brought here by his parents. He's still here illegally and that's the bottom line.
I haven't read any articles that says Judge Curiel is a defender and supporter of illegal aliens other than what I referenced previously. One can twist those facts in any manner they wish as you are apparently doing.

And remember, Curiel also risked his life to slow the flow of drugs coming from Mexico into the U.S. which is quite ironic in that it's something that Trump keeps saying he wants to stop.

That Judge Attacked by Donald Trump? He’s Faced a Lot Worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:56 PM

62,979 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I haven't read any articles that says Judge Curiel is a defender and supporter of illegal aliens other than what I referenced previously. One can twist those facts in any manner they wish as you are apparently doing.

And remember, Curiel also risked his life to slow the flow of drugs coming from Mexico into the U.S. which is quite ironic in that it's something that Trump keeps saying he wants to stop.

That Judge Attacked by Donald Trump? He’s Faced a Lot Worse

As I said, many Latinos oppose the drug cartels but they also defend and support illegal aliens. I wouldn't trust anyone who is a member of any group with the name La Raza in it.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
As I said, many Latinos oppose the drug cartels but they also defend and support illegal aliens. I wouldn't trust anyone who is a member of any group with the name La Raza in it.
From the SDLRLA about the term "La Raza":

The Name | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

The SDLRLA (San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association), again, is a non-partisan professional organization. They are politically neutral. They do not advocate nor promote illegal immigration. I think it's disingenuous and unfair to accuse them of actively supporting law-breaking activities. Their members are lawyers who are licensed to practice law in the state of California and are expected to uphold the laws of the state and U.S. I find it hard to believe that such an organization would advocate breaking the law in any form. They are NOT an advocacy group, they are a professional association.

Granted, we do not know how each member of the SDLRLA feels about illegal immigration but from an ethical standpoint, it shouldn't matter in the Trump case as the group itself has the mission to support and uphold the laws of California and of the U.S. That implies that they do not condone nor support illegal acts of ANY kind.

And again, Judge Curiel, although appointed to the Federal Court by Obama, was appointed to the San Diego Superior Court back in 2006 by Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican (though not "yet" a Trump endorser).

Old 06-04-2016, 10:39 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Defendants do not have the right to shop around for judges until they arrive at one whose heritage they haven't insulted. A member of the KKK doesn't get to insist on a white judge, does he?
Exactly.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:49 PM

The title of this thread is ridiculous. Just because Trump had reason to feel that this particular Latino judge might be biased doesn't mean he'd never want any Latino judge to handle his case.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
From the SDLRLA about the term "La Raza":

The Name | San Diego's Latino/Latina Bar Association

The SDLRLA (San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association), again, is a non-partisan professional organization. They are politically neutral. They do not advocate nor promote illegal immigration. I think it's disingenuous and unfair to accuse them of actively supporting law-breaking activities. Their members are lawyers who are licensed to practice law in the state of California and are expected to uphold the laws of the state and U.S. I find it hard to believe that such an organization would advocate breaking the law in any form. They are NOT an advocacy group, they are a professional association.

Granted, we do not know how each member of the SDLRLA feels about illegal immigration but from an ethical standpoint, it shouldn't matter in the Trump case as the group itself has the mission to support and uphold the laws of California and of the U.S. That implies that they do not condone nor support illegal acts of ANY kind.

And again, Judge Curiel, although appointed to the Federal Court by Obama, was appointed to the San Diego Superior Court back in 2006 by Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican (though not "yet" a Trump endorser).

That group has ties to MALDEF an illegal alien advocate group and one time self avowed Reconquista group. They had to tone it down though after they were met with harsh opposition.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
That group has ties to MALDEF an illegal alien advocate group and one time self avowed Reconquista group. They had to tone it down though after they were met with harsh opposition.
Oh, okay. I'm wrong, then. Disregard my previous comments.

I cringe at the thought that Trump is correct on this, however.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:26 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Oh, okay. I'm wrong, then. Disregard my previous comments.

I cringe at the thought that Trump is correct on this, however.
Don't take his word for what MALDEF is... and don't fall for the swift-boating spin and smears that Curiel is some sort of radical racist reconquistador judge. His career shows otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexica...ucational_Fund

Old 06-05-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Don't take his word for what MALDEF is... and don't fall for the swift-boating spin and smears that Curiel is some sort of radical racist reconquistador judge. His career shows otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexica...ucational_Fund

Check out the MALDEF website for their stance on illegal immigration. They are advocates for amnesty not deportations. I do have to correct myself though the radical Reconquista group is MEChA not MALDEF. Both start with an "M" so I got them mixed up.

I nor anyone else has claimed that Curiel himself is some sort of radical, racist Reconquista judge but he is an illegal alien sympathizer thus Trump's objection to him.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump seems to have an issue with Mexicans or Hispanics regardless of their legal status. He attacked Susannah Martinez, a Republican governor of New Mexico too. Now he goes after Judge Curiel. These are very legal American citizens. Curiel was appointed by Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Curiel is a federal judge. He was appointed to that position by Obama.

Curiel is a member of a La Raza lawyers group that gives scholarships to illegal aliens. So of course, he's not qualified to judge Trump, who is against illegal immigration.

Martinez attacked Trump, so of course Trump is against her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Does he know he would have to get elected before he could even bring up his stupid wall to Congress?
700 miles of the wall have already been approved. Obama just refused to build it.

Nobody cares what Megyn thinks.

Megyn is all about Megyn and making Megyn the news.

BTW, when you quote Vanity Fair, keep in mind that they are the ones who made up the fake University of Virginia fraternity gang rape that never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
....the group the judge belongs to is no different that a group of Irish or Italians supporting members of their heritage, it is not political at all.
Wrong.

Curiel is in a La Raza group that gives scholarships to illegal aliens. He is a scofflaw and a traitor, encouraging the illegal invasion of this country. He is also a racist ("La Raza" means "the race") and an ethnocentrist into Latino Supremacism.

Quote:
This is a leap that says, if you have any Mexican in your bloodlines, you should be investigated.
Maybe you should, considering that so many Latinos support illegal immigration.

Quote:
And the poster I was replying to said the judge should be deported.
He should. He is a traitor. He should be stripped of his citizenship and deported along with the illegal aliens he encourages to illegally invade this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And because I don't support Obama - I'm racist - no one is more racist than you libs trying to define everyone by race, creed and color.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Not in the Trump Universe. Now when he loses the case, he can cry "see, I told you the judge was biased."

He's probably getting Joe Arpaio to investigate the judge and his family.
That's a good idea.

The judge is part of a group facilitating illegal immigration by giving scholarships to illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections