Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 05:56 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,793,878 times

Advertisements

The LGBT demographic is roughly 3.5% of the population; I do not think they will make a difference to Trump since most of that demographic traditionally vote for the democrats.

How Many People are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender? | Williams Institute

BTW- I am non-partisan. I do not vote for republicans or democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 05:58 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The LGBT demographic is roughly 3.5% of the population; I do not think they will make a difference to Trump since most of that demographic traditionally vote for the democrats.

How Many People are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender? | Williams Institute

It may not matter, of course, but it goes to show that Trump has no problem lying (and his followers eat those lies up hook, line, and sinker) on the campaign trail about his support of the LGBTQ community and their support of him.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:59 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It may not matter, of course, but it goes to show that Trump has no problem lying (and his followers eat those lies up hook, line, and sinker) on the campaign trail about his support of the LGBTQ community and their support of him.

Are you a Hillary supporter?? If you are do you feel a little hypocritical about calling someone a liar? Seems she is the biggest liar of the bunch.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not a misprint. 2%

When asked which Republican is most supportive of LGBT rights, 73 percent said none

Can anybody actually be surprised about this?? Really? Seriously?

Clinton Beats Sanders in Survey of LGBT Voters; Trump Is Top Republican With 2% - Towleroad
I

I'm not surprised and I doubt very seriously that Trump's numbers have improved with this demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The big dogs in the dem party(Both Clintons and Obama)didn't support gay marriage till like 4 years ago, and that was only till the gay donor money made them "reconsider their positions"

Why do people think that 'evolving' is such a bad thing? Four years ago (well maybe five) I believed in 'civil unions' but not in gays using their word 'marriage'. Yep. That was me; heavily involved in the Methodist church in a very small town. I moved to a bigger city; met and worked with a lot more gay people and viola! my opinion changed.

It's really quite common.

What Trump says NOW, however, is that he would like to find a Supreme Court judge to overturn marriage equality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This poll is from February. The gays have mostly switched over to Trump, especially after Orlando as Trump is the one who is going to protect them from RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, and that's a problem?
LOL. This is why the Republicans can't widen their tent to include enough people.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

You are discounting the millions of people who have a gay person in their family or among their friends. I'm not gay but I have one family member and several friends who are. And one of my friends has a gay daughter. Then there are millions of people who personally don't know any gay people (that they're aware of anyway) but believe in gay rights because they believe in human rights.

See how quickly that can cascade well beyond the 3.5%?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:14 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Exclamation What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are no more recent polls, but if you really think that LGBTQ Americans will vote for a hysterical bigot who DOES NOT support gay marriage today over someone who was late to the party but at least showed up, then you've lost your mind.

Happily, I don't know anyone, gay or straight, liberal or conservative, who is openly voting for Trump.
Well for one I am for Trump and I do Not care about this LGBT issue. The Movement has sued their way to the top and they have forced their way into mainstream.

I care about jobs and real industry. Border Security, Industry back in this country, and bad trade deals like Nafta.
Having a Immigration system that makes sense and does not allow people to just show up and claim to be American.
A solid National Defense and Foreign Policy.

We have much bigger fish to fry than this small LGBT Issue when it has been resolved in many states. Debating what people do in their private lives is not a National Issue. Get over it!

People need to wake up to economic issues and once those are solved everything else seems to resolve itself.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:31 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And yet, there are some conservative gays that continue to vote Republican. They're in the closet and afraid to 'come out' for Trump...with good reason.
There will always people voting for those who wish to persecute them. The republican party has made it abundantly clear that they hate us. Heck, they even banned their own gay group (GOProud) from their convention last year.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:33 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Going to be a rough 4 months for Donnie supporters like myself. Am I the only one that likes Trump? He is getting smoked in every poll.
There are other supporters. I read where quite a few showed up at his Greensboro rally the other day.

Apparently, many were drunk as skunks in the middle of the day. Must have been quite the party.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:35 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Community Marketing, & Insights did the study.

It's an Agenda Poll.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:39 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Why would LGBTs and their family and friends support Hillary? She (Clinton Foundation) accepts tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars from countries in which the penalty for being LGBT is death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections