Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:44 AM

5,045 posts, read 7,424,034 times

Advertisements

Were you conservatives really born yesterday?

The only party that has ever fought successfully for for the LGBT community is the Democratic Party. The Republican Party has fought tooth and nail against LGBTs for decades, and even currently is fighting to block progress and to protect people who want to discriminate against LGBTs based on religion.

It is unbelievable that conservatives think that LGBTs "do better" with Republicans. You are fooling yourselves only.

Conservatives I guess fail to realize that LGBTs are not afraid of Muslims, but instead feel solidarity with them and other oppressed minority groups, because we all know what it is like to be demonized and attacked by the racist and homophobic Right. While conservatives don't know how NOT to demonize minority groups, the minority groups have been banding together and supporting each other.

"This is a time for the Muslim and LGBT communities to not merely stand together but to deepen their understanding of each other, to recognize their common interests, and to acknowledge their shared members."

Gay Pride, Ramadan, and Solidarity After Orlando | The Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 10:00 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Hillary has the "gays" snowed. She is such a liar. She just tells them what they want to hear. Why did she really change her stance on gay marriage? Care to make a guess?
I think Hillary is one of the most despicable human beings on the face of the earth, but I think she was lying before re supporting DOMA, and that her current support for SSM is quite possibly the ONLY thing she is telling the truth about.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
If you really are a Trump support, keep your chin up, he is going to be the next president.
Don't listen to the un-American's from the democratic party. If you support obama and clinton, you are supporting the end of America..
Stick to your guns, we shall overcome...
I wish I had your faith. I'm an ABH - Anyone But Hillary person, but unfortunately I think she is going to win in one of the biggest landslides in U.S. history.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm gay. I will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know tells me every single gay person they know will vote for Hillary.
Why? Any other reason besides support for SSM ?

Old 06-18-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Neither are good. We have two losers running for president - but only one of those losers is an unapologetic, childish bigot.
And only one of the two losers defended the rapist of a 12 year old girl and then laughed about it....and that loser was NOT Trump.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:08 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Were you conservatives really born yesterday?

The only party that has ever fought successfully for for the LGBT community is the Democratic Party. The Republican Party has fought tooth and nail against LGBTs for decades, and even currently is fighting to block progress and to protect people who want to discriminate against LGBTs based on religion.
You have that exactly backwards. Obama, Hillary, and the Dems are all about aiding and abetting Muslim immigrants. The penalty for being LGBT is DEATH in most Muslim countries in the world. Do LGBTs really want to import even more of that systemic belief into the US? Seriously?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have that exactly backwards. Obama, Hillary, and the Dems are all about aiding and abetting Muslim immigrants. The penalty for being LGBT is DEATH in most Muslim countries in the world. Do LGBTs really want to import even more of that systemic belief into the US? Seriously?
Democratic party pets butt heads all the time, but they'll still stick with the Democrats. As Michael Savage said, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:36 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,823,034 times
Looks like Trump is trying to ratchet it down to 1% ...

Quote:
Robert Jeffress, a pastor from Dallas known for his anti-LGBT sentiment, shared a photo in which he posed with Trump at the candidate’s rally at Gilley's, the city's famous honky-tonk.

The First Baptist Church pastor in February 2015 was quoted as saying the gay rights movement “will pave the way for that future world dictator, the Antichrist, to persecute and martyr Christians without any repercussions whatsoever.”
Trump retweets photo with anti-LGBT pastor - POLITICO

PS - 'the Antichrist'? What sort of cartoon-world do these people live in? Oh, right -- the sort of cartoon-world where Donald Trump should be President...

Old 06-18-2016, 12:58 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There isn't, in the old day Jesus would be calling Trump a snake, viper, liar, and thief.
Can you imagine what he would call Hillary?

Old 06-18-2016, 01:58 PM

5,045 posts, read 7,424,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What contortions you have to go through to try to appear pro-LGBT. It isn't working.

You act like LGBTs never faced discrimination or death at the hands of conservatives before the Orlando shooting. You are trying to make it all about the Muslims but it ain't. Clearly you know nothing about LGBT history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections