Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 08:27 AM

1,683 posts, read 813,020 times

Advertisements

LGBT groups reject trump. Period. Bigtime.

LGBT Community to Donald Trump: Shove It, You Homophobe - The Daily Beast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 08:38 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Yeah, because importing tens of thousands (or more) immigrants from death to LGBT countries/cultures is SO much more desirable.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:03 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
So, they'll stay home and not vote or will they vote for Hillary who wants to bring more and more Muslims into our country, ones that listen to this "man" that spoke just a few days before the terrorist attack in Orlando:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vev-OzHQy94

Old 06-19-2016, 09:08 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Why do people think that 'evolving' is such a bad thing? Four years ago (well maybe five) I believed in 'civil unions' but not in gays using their word 'marriage'. Yep. That was me; heavily involved in the Methodist church in a very small town. I moved to a bigger city; met and worked with a lot more gay people and viola! my opinion changed.

It's really quite common.
It's common with people who have a mind to change, who are receptive to new ideas and who reevaluate their positions and beliefs in light of new ideas and new information. So its not surprising that Clinton, who is an early boomer, would have more conservative views. But she, like all Democrats and Independents, changed their views as the issue evolved. Funny thing: Republicans have barely changed and even today, here in 2016, waaaay, way less than half of Republicans support equality:

2001:

Democrats supporting gay marriage: 43%
Independents supporting gay marriage: 43%
Republicans supporting gay marriage: 21%

2016:

Democrats supporting gay marriage: 70%
Independents supporting gay marriage: 61%
Republicans supporting gay marriage: 33%

I think Hillary shows maturity and growth; Republicans show immaturity and backwardness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
What Trump says NOW, however, is that he would like to find a Supreme Court judge to overturn marriage equality...

LOL. This is why the Republicans can't widen their tent to include enough people.
Because Republicans live in fear of change, fear of people who are different than they are. Maybe that's why the GOP is dying, maybe that's why their party is getting smaller and smaller. Soon, there will be so few Republicans left that their convention will be held in a telephone booth at Applebee's in Altoona, PA., and there'll still be room for the Republican elephant.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:39 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm gay. I will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know tells me every single gay person they know will vote for Hillary.
Funny, every single gay person that I know IRL does support Trump. I thought they were just blowing smoke. I found that a little hard to believe until I read a FB post by my college roommate

Quote:
Most of the press tells a bad story...but we all know the truth...just as we have since day 1! I have no problem calling anti Trump people...anti -American. Not everyone likes trump...that's normal....just dont stand in his way....and keep your mouths shut...as I did for the past 7 years
That came across my feed yesterday so I went to some other friends' pages and they posted many things that definitely show their support for Trump including his ^^^ex, a black gay man.

I swear this election is just weird.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:10 PM

1,683 posts, read 813,020 times
I know a thousand gay people and none of them are voting for trump. Not now and not ever.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:18 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
For most Republican/pro-Trump posters in this thread, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is their very first time being concerned about how members of the LBGTQ community felt or thought.

I hope I am wrong.

Mick

Old 06-20-2016, 04:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
I know a thousand gay people and none of them are voting for trump. Not now and not ever.
Nobody knows a thousand people so well that they know how they're going to vote.

But nice try spinning things, libs....

Old 06-20-2016, 04:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
For most Republican/pro-Trump posters in this thread, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is their very first time being concerned about how members of the LBGTQ community felt or thought.

I hope I am wrong.

Mick
This isn't a question of people caring about gays.

It's a question of how gays are going to vote.

Nobody knows what people are going to do in the privacy of the voting booth.

If I were a Hillary supporter, I would be worried.....very worried.

There is no good reason for gays to vote for a woman who was.....

* against gay marriage,

* for the "defense of marriage act" (which was meant to prevent gay marriage),

* for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in the military,

* and now is for bringing in tens of thousands of un-vetted Muslims -- who think gays should be executed and women should be treated as slaves.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:52 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
This isn't a question of people caring about gays.

It's a question of how gays are going to vote.

Nobody knows what people are going to do in the privacy of the voting booth.

If I were a Hillary supporter, I would be worried.....very worried.

There is no good reason for gays to vote for a woman who was.....

* against gay marriage,

* for the "defense of marriage act" (which was meant to prevent gay marriage),

* for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in the military,

* and now is for bringing in tens of thousands of un-vetted Muslims -- who think gays should be executed and women should be treated as slaves
They can't be vetted because there simply are no records on them with which to vet.

But, yeah, I don't get the rationale of LGBTs voting for Hillary who is for letting tens of thousands if not more from DEATH to LGBT countries/cultures, immigrate to the US. Why would LGBTs want to vote for bringing those into the country who want to kill them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections