Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:42 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,960,503 times

Advertisements

Since one month ago (I made a similar post), things have changed a little, in Hillary Clinton's favor. She has now been consistently leading in the polls in North Carolina. I believe she will win NC just like Obama did in 2008. This is primarily due to very high black voter turnout in NC. In 2012, 70% of black registered voters voted, compared to 68% of white registered voters. Since black people love the Clintons, I expect them to turnout in droves in NC for her and flip the state blue again!

Of course, this is in addition to her flipping Arizona blue for the first time in YEARS!

With that said, I expect Hillary Clinton to win in a near landslide.

[IMG] image sharing[/IMG]

Old 07-08-2016, 07:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Flipping Arizona blue might just happen because of Trump's relationship with Latino voters. It's a very important voting bloc there.

I also think Clinton could be competitive in South Carolina and Georgia. Those states aren't as Republican as most people perceive them to be in their urban areas.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Here is my prediction.

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Old 07-08-2016, 07:16 PM

4,258 posts, read 3,179,117 times
Any prediction this far out is worth nothing. Much will happen between now and November and there is a very high probability that one or possibly both candidates will exhibit a fatal flaw. However, Democrats do have a built in advantage on the electoral map from the get go. Don't count on a black turnout like 2008-it won't happen.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:58 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Any prediction this far out is worth nothing. Much will happen between now and November and there is a very high probability that one or possibly both candidates will exhibit a fatal flaw. However, Democrats do have a built in advantage on the electoral map from the get go. Don't count on a black turnout like 2008-it won't happen.
This is where Obama will come in handy for Hillary. He can get the black voters out in huge numbers. Black turnout was greater than white turnout in 2012.

Blacks outvoted whites in 2012, the first time on record – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Ken

Old 07-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Since one month ago (I made a similar post), things have changed a little, in Hillary Clinton's favor. She has now been consistently leading in the polls in North Carolina. I believe she will win NC just like Obama did in 2008. This is primarily due to very high black voter turnout in NC. In 2012, 70% of black registered voters voted, compared to 68% of white registered voters. Since black people love the Clintons, I expect them to turnout in droves in NC for her and flip the state blue again!

Of course, this is in addition to her flipping Arizona blue for the first time in YEARS!

Yeah, Arizona could well be purple this time around. Blue is a bit more of a challenge but with such a large Hispanic population it could well happen. Turnout will be key - and thanks to Trump, Hispanics are motivated to vote like never before. That's bad news for the GOP.

Ken

Old 07-08-2016, 08:10 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, Arizona could well be purple this time around. Blue is a bit more of a challenge but with such a large Hispanic population it could well happen. Turnout will be key - and thanks to Trump, Hispanics are motivated to vote like never before. That's bad news for the GOP.

Ken
Clinton doesn't need Arizona to win. She can win the states that Obama got in 2012 and take the ring. The rest is just icing on the cake, and more importantly, more possibilities to throw out more GOP members of Congress.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Clinton doesn't need Arizona to win. She can win the states that Obama got in 2012 and take the ring. The rest is just icing on the cake, and more importantly, more possibilities to throw out more GOP members of Congress.
Yup.

Ken

Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

Interesting map and when it comes to the Southern states I believe the only southern swing state that will become BLUE is Florida for this Election.

Obama won it twice in 2008 & 2012 and will probably elect a Democrat Senator after Rubio's debacle.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Interesting map and when it comes to the Southern states I believe the only southern swing state that will become BLUE is Florida for this Election.

Obama won it twice in 2008 & 2012 and will probably elect a Democrat Senator after Rubio's debacle.
I wouldn't be too quick to count Rubio out. The Senate election may wind up being Marco Rubio vs Alan Grayson. This might be Florida's version of Hillary vs Trump; a drink heavily, hold your nose and then vote election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections