Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 11:41 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
And we KNOW she is a liar because her English language skills are far below those evidenced in the speech. Mind you this is based on her oral language abilities. Her written language abilities will naturally be much lower. Inexcusable. Disgusting. Dishonest. Ignorant. Plagiarism!
Do you say the same thing about other immigrants here when you hear them speak with an accent?

Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Can you imagine how hard they are laughing at Trump headquarters?
No, I can't, because they are not laughing. AO is very angry. Does he laugh when he's angry? Obvious sign of some type of psychopathy.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Final post on this lame issue:

If this is all these Commies can dwell on, then they have a lot to worry about.
So far, seven hours of non-stop commentary on the matter on MSNBC.
They don't devote that much media time when a misunderstood Black kills a cop. Very telling.
The Left is quivering with fear now that Hillary is tanking. LOL.
The End.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:43 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the speech writer should be fired if that's the case. (my opinion)

tell me what should we do with MLK? should we take that part of our history books and give credit to the proper person in schools? YES or NO?

Should we change the words of "I have a DREAM" from his Memorial?

be consistent....you can't give MLK a pass and go after Melania.

I found a report where Barack Obama also did the same thing, taking parts of a senator's speech. Not a peep about it.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:44 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
If she did take a few lines, I don't think it's a big deal.

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So Mel lied when she said she wrote the speech herself.

She said with as little help as possible. For her, that may have been a lot of help.

The initial statement released from the campaign said she had a team of speech writers.

She may have written her thoughts, experiences and ideas as a bunch of gibberish and the writers edited and re-wrote, did some "research", suggested and added a few things, made it sound nice, and that was the speech.

2,491 posts, read 2,680,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
To look better, they could still say Melania wrote the most of the speech, and those parts were suggested by a now-former staffer and added because Melania really liked it, but had no idea it was from Michele's speech.

Sounds better to me than - it's not plagiarism- silly, blame Hillary, we're not discussing it anymore.
I know, there were so many better spins than denial or blaming Hillary.
With Trump's money they could have paid a speech writer to take one for the team.
The coverup is usually worse than the crime.

I could see Melania being a victim here, except, she lied about having a college degree.
Although she did complete her freshman year.

You would have thought the Trump Scampaign would have done some fact checking and proofreading.
I imagine every word of Trump's kid's speeches are being rewritten as I type.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It wasn't a phrase. It wasn't a single sentence. It was an entire paragraph.

You are seriously in denial if you are claiming that this wasn't a case of plagiarism.
It was 7 percent of her speech. Ninety three percent of her speech was nothing like Michele's and seems to be totally original.

I'm not saying it isn't a case of possible plagiarism - of the most inconsequential sort. What I'm saying is that the phrases are so common, and the ideas are so universal, that it's not very important.

In case you missed it - I also said that whatever speech writer oversaw and proofed her speech should be disciplined - probably fired. But it's just not that big a deal to me. It's a fluff speech - either version of it.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:46 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
To think that no one would notice is monumentally stupid. But hey, why re-invent the wheel when you can steal someone else's.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:47 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Melania could read me a cook book. She is a good looking woman and her eyes are FIERCE !
Well, she paid enough to have them look like that. Check out early photos to compare. No problem with plastic surgery, you should get what you pay for. If you've got the $$$, go for it. Unfortunately, many of those with money are using the same surgeons (or the surgeons are using the same 'templates', kind of like plagiarizing..er...copying a speech, so the same 'looks' are cropping up...just sayin'...check out the comparisons for Melania.

#caitlyn jenner And if we give Caitlyn Jenner a few surgeries, he will be a woman. - YyTrends.Com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections