Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I thought you were a libertarian?
I'm for ending the stupid, wasteful wars. I doubt a presidency involving William Weld would do that. Moreso than one with a Clinton or Trump but I'm going with the best bet.

If you are for doing that you can tell me you are visited by Martians every night and I won't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
If you are voting for Clinton this is something you should know. This is what drives her moral value system:

Old 08-03-2016, 10:34 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
She isn't anti-vax, she does however question if someone needs all vaccines. In many cases people are given vaccines they don't need so a corporation can make more money.
Like chicken pox vaccine? I am required by law to give my son 2 chicken pox vaccines prior to the start of kindergarten. Why? We all had chicken pox and survived. The pamphlet I received yesterday after his second dose stated that your child can still get chicken pox after vaccination however it should be less severe?? So it is mandatory yet kids can still contract it.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Like chicken pox vaccine? I am required by law to give my son 2 chicken pox vaccines prior to the start of kindergarten. Why? We all had chicken pox and survived. The pamphlet I received yesterday after his second dose stated that your child can still get chicken pox after vaccination however it should be less severe?? So it is mandatory yet kids can still contract it.
Chicken pox? �� When I was young our parents would encourage it so that we would all have permanent immunity. German makes measles was a joke. We user to look forward to getting it so we didn't have to go to school. It was so mild that most people who got it never even knew they had it.

There hypochondriacs who are running our country, and the pharmaceuticals who are drugging then out, would have a baby take a vaccine for every possible disease that we may ever have and in the process destroy their immune systems.

It's a world give wacko with hypochondriacs and Big Pharma that has taken control of government.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Chicken pox? �� When I was young our parents would encourage it so that we would all have permanent immunity. German makes measles was a joke. We user to look forward to getting it so we didn't have to go to school. It was so mild that most people who got it never even knew they had it.

There hypochondriacs who are running our country, and the pharmaceuticals who are drugging then out, would have a baby take a vaccine for every possible disease that we may ever have and in the process destroy their immune systems.

It's a world give wacko with hypochondriacs and Big Pharma that has taken control of government.

Oh. my. Goodness! First of all, prior to the chickenpox vaccine, about 150 people died each year from chickenpox disease. About half of those were adults who didn't get chickenpox as kids, then got it when their own kids did. It is exceedingly rare for anyone to get chickenpox after two doses of vaccine.
Second Dose of Vaccine Cuts Chickenpox Cases Even More, Study Finds "Of those who came down with chickenpox between 2006 and 2010 in the study sites, just 7.5 percent had been vaccinated with two doses. Slightly less than two-thirds had received one vaccination. Most of those who got the chickenpox even though they'd been vaccinated had a mild case with fewer than 50 lesions on their bodies. The study also found that hospitalization rates dropped even further." Death is not only complication from chickenpox, either. Symptoms and causes - Chickenpox - Mayo Clinic

"Chickenpox is normally a mild disease. But it can be serious and can lead to complications or death, especially in high-risk people. Complications include:

Bacterial infections of the skin, soft tissues, bones, joints or bloodstream (sepsis)
Dehydration
Pneumonia
Inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
Toxic shock syndrome
Reye's syndrome for people who take aspirin during chickenpox"

German measles is no joke if a pregnant woman gets it. It can cause severe birth defects, called Congenital Rubella Syndrom (CRS). This link is very basic, but it does give a good overview. Prior to the vaccine, not everyone got rubella before adulthood, and CRS was common. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001658.htm

Old 08-03-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Oh. my. Goodness! First of all, prior to the chickenpox vaccine, about 150 people died each year from chickenpox disease. About half of those were adults who didn't get chickenpox as kids, then got it when their own kids did. It is exceedingly rare for anyone to get chickenpox after two doses of vaccine.
Second Dose of Vaccine Cuts Chickenpox Cases Even More, Study Finds "Of those who came down with chickenpox between 2006 and 2010 in the study sites, just 7.5 percent had been vaccinated with two doses. Slightly less than two-thirds had received one vaccination. Most of those who got the chickenpox even though they'd been vaccinated had a mild case with fewer than 50 lesions on their bodies. The study also found that hospitalization rates dropped even further." Death is not only complication from chickenpox, either. Symptoms and causes - Chickenpox - Mayo Clinic

"Chickenpox is normally a mild disease. But it can be serious and can lead to complications or death, especially in high-risk people. Complications include:

Bacterial infections of the skin, soft tissues, bones, joints or bloodstream (sepsis)
Dehydration
Pneumonia
Inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
Toxic shock syndrome
Reye's syndrome for people who take aspirin during chickenpox"

German measles is no joke if a pregnant woman gets it. It can cause severe birth defects, called Congenital Rubella Syndrom (CRS). This link is very basic, but it does give a good overview. Prior to the vaccine, not everyone got rubella before adulthood, and CRS was common. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001658.htm
You want to be scared of something? (Apparently it is a hobby of yours).

Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S., and New Hospital Safety Scores Show Improvements Are Too Slow

Or maybe this:

Prescription Opioid Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

Not scared enough yet, then take this!

Number of deaths from the flu and pneumonia:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Now go into some closet and hide away from everyone in a germ proof bag.

"The human body contains about 100 trillion cells, but only maybe one in 10 of those cells is actually — human. The rest are from bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms."

Note also, with all of the hypochondriacs running our government, we have the worse life expectancy of any developed nation and we are spending far and away the most money. And someone comes along like Jill Stein and suggests things are out of control, and the hypochondriacs go crazy.

Silly hypochondriacs have taken over the world and spreading their fears like cancer.

Last edited by richrf; 08-03-2016 at 11:19 AM..

Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Presidential candidates shouldn't be in favor of research? You are really reaching with that one. She also isn't anti-vax, she is against the corporate greed that goes into vaccinations that makes people think they need to get every one out there even if some are unnecessary.

And if you feel you must vote in favor of a corrupt candidate because you are told that candidate is your only viable option, then good luck with that. Hillary will never have my vote because she doesn't represent my values.
No on is saying anything against research. But she is purposefully putting fear into people when she shouldn't be. No research backs her claims on corporate corruption in vaccines or that wifi is remotely dangerous.

I'll say it again, if you are progressive or liberal, Stein is not a bad choice and not worse then Hillary. I don't think Stein would be a good leader in the least, but if you want to further progressive values and/or the Green Party then a vote for her makes sense. I can't think of many political parties that had great candidates in the beginning, it will just take time for the Greens to get quality candidates.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson and I would never recommend any other candidates, but people should vote their conscious.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
You want to be scared of something? (Apparently it is a hobby of yours).

Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S., and New Hospital Safety Scores Show Improvements Are Too Slow

Or maybe this:

Prescription Opioid Overdose Data | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

Not scared enough yet, then take this!

Number of deaths from the flu and pneumonia:

FastStats - Deaths and Mortality

Now go into some closet and hide away from everyone in a germ proof bag.

"The human body contains about 100 trillion cells, but only maybe one in 10 of those cells is actually — human. The rest are from bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms."

Note also, with all of the hypochondriacs running our government, we have the worse life expectancy of any developed nation and we are spending far and away the most money. And someone comes along like Jill Stein and suggests things are out of control, and the hypochondriacs go crazy.

Silly hypochondriacs have taken over the world and spreading their fears like cancer.
Like I haven't seen that before. Unfortunately for the anti-vaxers, who love, love, love to bring that up, the "proof" is rather thin.

It's the antivaxers who are fearful of vaccines. Lookit this: https://www.google.com/search?q=anti...HX06Ad8QsAQIGw
Fear of needles, fear of "Big Pharma", fear of "toxins", fear of Bill Gates, fear of autism, yada, yada!

Old 08-03-2016, 11:51 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
No on is saying anything against research. But she is purposefully putting fear into people when she shouldn't be. No research backs her claims on corporate corruption in vaccines or that wifi is remotely dangerous.

I'll say it again, if you are progressive or liberal, Stein is not a bad choice and not worse then Hillary. I don't think Stein would be a good leader in the least, but if you want to further progressive values and/or the Green Party then a vote for her makes sense. I can't think of many political parties that had great candidates in the beginning, it will just take time for the Greens to get quality candidates.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson and I would never recommend any other candidates, but people should vote their conscious.
Actually the entire for profit drug industry backs her claims that too much is pushed onto people that they don't need, which includes some vaccinations. I say this as someone who isn't "anti-vax." I think some vaccinations are important, others I question the point of them other than to make more money for the drug industry. I don't think Stein is putting fear into people over anything....and to be honest, with this election, this is about the lightest fearmongering that is going on when you compare it to the Democrats and Republicans with what they have been doing.

The rest of your post I actually agree with you, and good for you for voting for a candidate that matches your ideals rather than the one you think could win. It annoys me to no end when people try to tell me there are only two options for president in any election. We have several options to vote for, not just the one who is going to win.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:54 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
A vote for Stein is a vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections