Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 08:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Jill IS being criticized for her continuing to pander to anti-vaxxers. Period. Not in 2008 but TODAY. That's the problem.

Everything she says is a dog whistle to that entire crowd. Big Pharma making too much money on vaccines, etc.
This is factual.

Drug Company Profits Soar as Taxpayers Foot the Bill | The Fiscal Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It's 8 years later. There have been more studies. Also, Hillary was not a candidate in the national election 8 years ago.
Jill is a medical doctor. She knows better.
Are you saying that Hillary knew no better but spoke out anyway?

Old 08-05-2016, 08:14 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
It's 8 years later. There have been more studies. Also, Hillary was not a candidate in the national election 8 years ago.
Jill is a medical doctor. She knows better.
She is a Doctor but there is a double standard. People are really reaching, reading more into Stein's comments than what is there. What is the problem with saying what you are/aren't aware of?

Stein said conclusively she is not aware of any evidence on the matter, and gets attacked.
Hillary says, not only she but 'we' don't know what links there are between autism/vaccines and nobody makes a peep.

Hillary was not a candidate in the national election? That quote is from an interview when she was running against Barack Obama in 2008.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you saying that Hillary knew no better but spoke out anyway?
I don't know what Hillary knew in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
She is a Doctor but there is a double standard. People are really reaching, reading more into Stein's comments than what is there. What is the problem with saying what you are/aren't aware of?

Stein said conclusively she is not aware of any evidence on the matter, and gets attacked.
Hillary says, not only she but 'we' don't know what links there are between autism/vaccines and nobody makes a peep.

Hillary was not a candidate in the national election? That quote is from an interview when she was running against Barack Obama in 2008.
1. Jill knows better. Wakefield's Lancet paper was retracted in 2010. There have been numerous other studies both before and after that which showed no link of vaccines to autism. You must not follow anit-vaxism. Her statement is classic FUD - fear, uncertainty and doubt, which anti-vaxers are fond of.

2. If you're going to refer to Ms. Clinton as "Hillary". then refer to Ms. Stein as "Jill". Or vice versa. Be consistent in your put-downs.

3. Whatever. It's 2016. I don't remember what my reaction to Clinton's statement was back in 2008. I did not favor her then or now. We should be talking about Stein's position now.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:

1. Jill knows better. Wakefield's Lancet paper was retracted in 2010. There have been numerous other studies both before and after that which showed no link of vaccines to autism. You must not follow anit-vaxism. Her statement is classic FUD - fear, uncertainty and doubt, which anti-vaxers are fond of.

2. If you're going to refer to Ms. Clinton as "Hillary". then refer to Ms. Stein as "Jill". Or vice versa. Be consistent in your put-downs.

3. Whatever. It's 2016. I don't remember what my reaction to Clinton's statement was back in 2008. I did not favor her then or now. We should be talking about Stein's position now.
Why is it a put-down to use first names? Perhaps others intend that, but I use Hillary to be more specific.

But, I still maintain that there is nothing anti-vaxer about saying there is no evidence linking vaccines and autism.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why is it a put-down to use first names? Perhaps others intend that, but I use Hillary to be more specific.

But, I still maintain that there is nothing anti-vaxer about saying there is no evidence linking vaccines and autism.
Ha, ha! You know as well as I do calling someone "Hillary", "The Donald", "Dub-ya", etc is meant to demean and using last names e.g. "Stein", "Trump", "Clinton" indicates seriousness. Even "Bernie" was referred to as "Sanders" when people talked about him seriously.

You can maintain that all you want. It's just not true. She knows vaccines do not cause autism. Saying there's no evidence leaves the door open for someone to give some evidence. And there's been study after study after study, big studies, small studies all kinds of studies that show no link.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Ha, ha! You know as well as I do calling someone "Hillary", "The Donald", "Dub-ya", etc is meant to demean and using last names e.g. "Stein", "Trump", "Clinton" indicates seriousness. Even "Bernie" was referred to as "Sanders" when people talked about him seriously.
I supported him and called him Bernie. Hillary and Bernie is their name. The Donald and Dub-ya is not.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Something even Hillary seems to understand.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised to see Clinton address direct marketing of Big Pharma to consumers on her page.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I supported him and called him Bernie. Hillary and Bernie is their name. The Donald and Dub-ya is not.
I have been following presidential elections since 1960, when I was 11. In no instance other than Hillary Clinton do I recall a candidate of one of the two major parties being referred to in serious news articles and in serious conversation by their first name. Not George W. Bush, even though his father had been the president with the same first and last names; not Mitt Romney although his father had been a primary candidate (though not selected as his party's nominee) and a former governor. I remember names such as "Tricky Dick", "Slick Willie", "Obozo" (plus many more for Obama) and the like used when candidates were referred to sarcastically or mockingly. 538 and NPR seem to be using "Hillary Clinton" at least recently. Huffpo refers to Ms. Clinton as "Hillary", "Clinton" or "Hillary Clinton".

I think calling Ms. Clinton "Hillary" is a little dig, a "micro-agression" if you will. Why does Stein get off?

Old 08-05-2016, 11:41 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,002 times
if you waste your vote on stein, you're putting our country in danger, i'm holding you personally responsible for the next tragedy that happens on hillary's watch after jan 20.

you don't want that on your watch or conscience, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections