Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:26 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times

Advertisements

Jill Stein is not an "anti-vaxer" just because she questions some of the motives and actions of the for-profit healthcare industry. It makes her an intelligent and aware independent thinker, which is off-putting for those that only know how to accept authority at face value and never dig deeper.

#JillNotHill

I find it funny that OP considers it a bad thing that she also questions the effects of wifi/cell phone signals. She is right-that there is much we need to learn about their effects on the environment and on us. Some have hypothesized that cell-phone towers are the reason for the decimation of bees worldwide, although it's most likely a cumulative issue with many reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Jill Stein is not an "anti-vaxer" just because she questions some of the motives and actions of the for-profit healthcare industry. It makes her an intelligent and aware independent thinker, which is off-putting for those that only know how to accept authority at face value and never dig deeper.

#JillNotHill

I find it funny that OP considers it a bad thing that she also questions the effects of wifi/cell phone signals. She is right-that there is much we need to learn about their effects on the environment and on us. Some have hypothesized that cell-phone towers are the reason for the decimation of bees worldwide, although it's most likely a cumulative issue with many reasons.
Her whole spiel is like a dog whistle for anti-vaxxers. I'm sure Jenny McCarthy is on board.

Jill Stein is unimpressive as they come. No wonder Bernie wouldn't return her calls.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Her whole spiel is like a dog whistle for anti-vaxxers. I'm sure Jenny McCarthy is on board.

Jill Stein is unimpressive as they come. No wonder Bernie wouldn't return her calls.
Her opinion on the matter is completely different from Jenny McCarthy and the like.

Please-what is the big deal about this:

“I think there’s no question that vaccines have transformed public health and have been absolutely critical in ridding us of the scourge of many diseases: small pox, polio, etc. So vaccines are an invaluable medication,” Stein said. “Like any medication, they also should be — what shall we say? — approved by a regulatory board that people can trust.”

She is saying we need Public Health Institutions-and Public Institutions in general that people trust. Institutions that cannot be corrupted by money or profits.

Do you disagree that a large number of Americans today do not trust our public institutions?
Do you think this is not a problem?
Do you know that people can no longer sue Big Pharma if a vaccine harms them?

"We have a real compelling need for vaccinations," Stein said. "It requires an agency that we can trust to sort through all of those concerns. To assure the American public, whether it’s vaccinations, whether it’s administering estrogen to, you know, treat symptoms of menopause, or at one point it was the solution to prevent Alzheimer's and then it was discovered — oh, my goodness — it may actually contribute to Alzheimer's — it's really important that the American public have confidence in our regulatory boards so that all of our medical treatments and medications actually are approved by people who do not have a vested interest in their promotion. In my experience, this is not a radical idea. This is basic common sense."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ions/#comments

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 08-04-2016 at 09:52 AM..

Old 08-04-2016, 09:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Her opinion on the matter is completely different from Jenny McCarthy and the like.
Oh, no it's not.
Jenny McCarthy: "We're Not An Anti-Vaccine Movement ... We're Pro-Safe Vaccine" | The Vaccine War | FRONTLINE | PBS
Jenny McCarthy Claims She's 'Not Anti-Vaccine' ... Again
Jenny McCarthy Says She's Not Anti-Vaccines: Everyone Should Ask Questions, but I'm Certainly Not Against Them | E! News
Jenny McCarthy responds to claims she’s not anti-vax.
Wrong again, Jenny McCarthy: First it was vaccines and autism, now it’s HIV - Salon.com
Jenny McCarthy: I Am Not Anti-Vaccine - The Daily Beast

Plus much more!

The main difference between the two of them is that Stein should know better, as an MD. Jenny has an excuse-she's uneducated in this matter.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Hillary Clinton in 2008:

"I am committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines. … We don't know what, if any, kind of link there is between vaccines and autism — but we should find out."

I await your (and others) scathing take down of Hillary Clinton and how she pandered to anti-vaxers and anti-science crowd. Please don't be a hypocrite.

Donald Trump has said definitively that vaccines "hurt kids and cause autism".

Stein is not the one to worry about here-she is mostly correct because her statements are not definitive and neither are many aspects of the science.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:08 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
All I know is Hillary is dangerous to kids and adults alike.
Get over it!!!! Bernie Sanders have endorsed her, even Tulsa joined the train!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:35 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Get over it!!!! Bernie Sanders have endorsed her, even Tulsa joined the train!
And that is suppose to make us swoon for Hillary like you do? Nope, Hillary has done nothing to earn our vote, and I for one will never be voting for her because she is a corrupt politician that made herself the Democrat nominee long before any votes were cast.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:26 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And that is suppose to make us swoon for Hillary like you do? Nope, Hillary has done nothing to earn our vote, and I for one will never be voting for her because she is a corrupt politician that made herself the Democrat nominee long before any votes were cast.
Well, as long as Sanders says it's OK to vote for corruption, I'll just put my mind to bed for a few months and just follow the Pied Piper. I'll just stop thinking for myself and become a Zombie for Clinton.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:41 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Good, God.

"It's hard to study this stuff."

Nope. It's not.

Yes, wi-fi signals are a form of radiation. BUT, radiation is not simply dangerous. The danger that comes with radiation is dependent on the wavelengths of the signal emitted, and long story short, wi-fi is not in the danger category. If you want to argue against wi-fi, go the "kids spend too much time indoors" route. That actually is a good argument. To argue it's dangerous to one's health just by existing near someone is false and anti-scientific.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:44 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Good, God.

"It's hard to study this stuff."

Nope. It's not.

Yes, wi-fi signals are a form of radiation. BUT, radiation is not simply dangerous. The danger that comes with radiation is dependent on the wavelengths of the signal emitted, and long story short, wi-fi is not in the danger category. If you want to argue against wi-fi, go the "kids spend too much time indoors" route. That actually is a good argument. To argue it's dangerous to one's health just by existing near someone is false and anti-scientific.
Love these kind of really silly proclamations.

Now we can all relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections