Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Face it Trumpies, your man is done. Only 4 weeks left until election day and Trump is TANKING HARD. Trump cannot win, the only way he's going to win is if he flips a blue state, and PA is his best chance. That's not gonna happen, especially now with his sexual "bravado" and his compromising ties to Russian interests uncovered by ABC's Brian Ross. Stick a fork in him, he's done. The Alt-Right movement is dying, once again. Who are they gonna hitch their wagon onto next? Rand Paul again? LOL!

Get used to having a woman in charge.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Not a Trump fan but I expect you're right. Credit goes to the Republican base who overwhelmingly wanted to run a pompous windbag in this year's election. For us non-Republicans, it's been like watching a train wreck in progress. You can't stop watching as the horror and carnage unfolds.

Rand Paul is about as close to Trump's political opposite as you're likely to find in the GOP. The party base doesn't like him. He's not one for "let's go beat up the Muslims and Hispanics and French and Chinese and Africans" politics. He's one of the few Republicans who is very familiar with the words "unintended bad consequences." He's a true "less is more" politician. All of those things make it impossible for him to win the GOP nomination ... ever. I really don't know of a highly electable GOP candidate that the GOP base will be willing to actually nominate.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:37 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
This story of the day will be dead in a week if it has a good run. I don't know anyone where this locker room talk by 2 men about women will change their vote...it has nothing to do with the duties of being President. I asked my wife about it and she said she knows men talk about women man to man that they don't want to go public.

I do agree with the part that Trump needs to pick up momentum in swing states that he's currently behind in. Saying Trump is done is silly....Trump is going to be President, deal with it.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This story of the day will be dead in a week if it has a good run. I don't know anyone where this locker room talk by 2 men about women will change their vote...it has nothing to do with the duties of being President. I asked my wife about it and she said she knows men talk about women man to man that they don't want to go public.

I do agree with the part that Trump needs to pick up momentum in swing states that he's currently behind in. Saying Trump is done is silly....Trump is going to be President, deal with it.
What you and your wife don't seem to grasping is that Trump wasn't just talking with a potty mouth, he was admitting that he sexually assaults women i.e. liked to grab their crotches when they aren't inviting his attention.

Time will tell if this hurts him or not, but what will hurt is if the party withdraws promised money from the campaign and gives it all to down ballet candidates.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not a Trump fan but I expect you're right. Credit goes to the Republican base who overwhelmingly wanted to run a pompous windbag in this year's election. For us non-Republicans, it's been like watching a train wreck in progress. You can't stop watching as the horror and carnage unfolds.

Rand Paul is about as close to Trump's political opposite as you're likely to find in the GOP. The party base doesn't like him. He's not one for "let's go beat up the Muslims and Hispanics and French and Chinese and Africans" politics. He's one of the few Republicans who is very familiar with the words "unintended bad consequences." He's a true "less is more" politician. All of those things make it impossible for him to win the GOP nomination ... ever. I really don't know of a highly electable GOP candidate that the GOP base will be willing to actually nominate.
Rand Paul's only appeal is the same one that Trump had. Vast vast majority of Rand Paul's support went to Trump for various reasons. Trump is just exposing to us what the base really thinks, whereas Rand used the "states' rights" dog whistle language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

The only women that don't care are women who are married to hardcore Republican husbands. Moderates and single women are completely turned off by Trump's comments. It's like saying the F bomb on the radio. Everyone says it, but you don't say it on the radio, it's very rude.

Trump isn't gonna win. Deal with reality. He was never going to win. Start putting your eggs into Pence 2020. Trump's most fanatical followers are Redpillers/PUAs/MRAs aka the Alt-Right. He speaks to them, while the rest just begrudgingly support him

Old 10-09-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What you and your wife don't seem to grasping is that Trump wasn't just talking with a potty mouth, he was admitting that he sexually assaults women i.e. liked to grab their crotches when they aren't inviting his attention.

Time will tell if this hurts him or not, but what will hurt is if the party withdraws promised money from the campaign and gives it all to down ballet candidates.
The RNC Has Reportedly Closed the Door On Donald Trump, and Withdrawn Funding | RedState

Report: RNC redirecting funds away from Trump | TheHill

Old 10-09-2016, 03:48 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

I agree--it's stupid--Paul Ryan could very well unite our nation..through his pragmatic approach to government and his willingness to work with political enemies.

But pragmatism and compromise are deal-breakers for the Right-wing base--and it seems that the majority of the Republican leadership are unwilling to lose their votes..power over ethics. Sad thing is, they sacrificed ethics for power, and now they're losing power.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:52 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
Sadly, what Trump said is true. There are far too many celebrity whores who'll do anything to be connected to a celebrity. But what i find odd about this case is the number of democrats who express such outrage at Trump's words but still love and support Bill Clinton despite the numerous women who've comforward accusing him of rape and sexual assault. Unlike other former Republican politicians, Trump never ran on a family and Christian platform so this isn't a case of hypocrisy, except on the part of the Clintons and news media that defends the Clintons.

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
But Clinton survived a real sex scandal.
Trump is too "vulgar" to be a president, but what he said is nothing serious.

Trump in the eyes of his flunkies: http://shoebat.com/wp-content/upload...able-Trump.jpg

Trump in the eyes of everyone else: https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpre...0&h=408&crop=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections