Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 04:34 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times

Advertisements

There's a long way to go. Buckle up.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Ah, stench of liberal desperation. I know this has been chanted about Trump for over a year now, you know, he wasn't a serious candidate, he wouldn't win the nomination and the best I can tell is that Hillary's campaign uses this because "chanting" is what a coven does. Yeah, there are things stronger than witchcraft!

Why after what came out about Hillary, "private opinion" vs "public opinion" (the lies she tells to get votes and donations seal the deal for Hillary would Trump be in trouble? October 11, "Hillary's America" is coming out. And, smart people are focused on the issues: the economy, jobs, security and healthcare. I guess I don't have to spell out what kind of people think that what someone said in a private conversation over 10 years ago, "guy talk" would beat Hillary's baggage of lies and corruption would qualify as do I?

As I have said from the beginning, whatever Trump is, Hillary is worse. That remains the bottomline.
Well, Anywhere, I have to make this observation:

9 days after you posted those comments we see that Hillary's campaign is flourishing and her poll numbers are better than ever. She was ahead 9 days ago, and is farther ahead today. The Trump campaign is disintegrating before before our very eyes.

Liberal desperation? Nah.

Sounds to me you are projecting your own fears and anxieties ...

Old 10-18-2016, 04:42 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,378,952 times
Trump is anti-American. How many Republicans will follow his lead or just stay silent.

The GOP party as we know it is done.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:20 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
I know it's anecdotal, but I left slightly baffled after a conversation with a neighbor. Lovely lady, but Republican as all out - enthusiastic McCain/Palin voter, Romney signs, etc. And she is voting Hillary, because she has noted Trump and Trump's followers behavior towards women - and toward Hillary for being a woman. And she isn't having any of that.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I know it's anecdotal, but I left slightly baffled after a conversation with a neighbor. Lovely lady, but Republican as all out - enthusiastic McCain/Palin voter, Romney signs, etc. And she is voting Hillary, because she has noted Trump and Trump's followers behavior towards women - and toward Hillary for being a woman. And she isn't having any of that.
Thing is, if I'm guessing that woman you spoke with is middle class, then Trump has a big problem in his hands because it's middle class and up suburban women that are abandoning Trump in YUGE numbers. Trump needs these "security/soccer moms" to have ANY chance of carrying my state, and he just lost the support of the female vote in suburban Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and Pennsylvania is like Illinois. The bigger problem for Trump is, a 1/3 of the population in the state lives in the Philadelphia metropolitan area.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Trump is anti-American. How many Republicans will follow his lead or just stay silent.

If the Trump camp had its way, Trump would have had Putin on the ticket.

The only thing pro-American about Trump is his capitalistic greed.

He's never cared about this county other than in what way it can enrich him.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Sadly, what Trump said is true. There are far too many celebrity whores who'll do anything to be connected to a celebrity. But what i find odd about this case is the number of democrats who express such outrage at Trump's words but still love and support Bill Clinton despite the numerous women who've comforward accusing him of rape and sexual assault. Unlike other former Republican politicians, Trump never ran on a family and Christian platform so this isn't a case of hypocrisy, except on the part of the Clintons and news media that defends the Clintons.
No one excused Bill Clinton's behavior either. BC is a garden variety philanderer, whereas there is something far nastier driving Trump. He's not after sex, he's thrives on the dominance and degradation of women. That's what is really disturbing about that video, not the words, it's the disgustingly misogynistic attitude.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:15 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
There's a long way to go. Buckle up.

True, a LONG way, it's about 1480 days until the 2020 election. Maybe the next time around GOP will nominate a grownup.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post

It has a lot of work to do before 2020. I expect they'll have a lot of committees investigating Clinton for the next several years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

Old 10-19-2016, 05:22 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's not gonna happen, but how bad do you have to be to be tied with a Democrat in the California equivalent of the Republican Party? That's like saying Trump is statistically tied with Hillary in California
Texas actually has some "blue" tendencies. Think Ann Richardson (or Richards, I forget which). And Texas has large urbanized and diverse areas. Also with the right candidate I could see California in play since it has a recent vital and fairly conservative Republican tradition. New York not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections