Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:19 PM

207 posts, read 113,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
He responded, but he did not answer her question. That's not my opinion.

The question was "...How will you help people like me deal with the consequences of being labeled as a threat to the country after the election is over?"

He blew a great chance to demonstrate sensitivity to the situation of law-abiding Muslims.
Getting a little off topic here, and he did respond to the question. He did not answer her question IS your opinion! And how was Clinton's response any better!? Trump's response by coming forward with info is the easiest way to not being labeled a threat. Problem with your opinion is you don't see enough law-abiding Muslims denouncing terrorist attacks! I agree that his response was simple and general, but it was a better response than Clinton's. Again a little off topic here.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:27 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Who cares? Anyone voting for either of these cretins, or thinks it matters which one wins, or thinks their vote even matters, is too stupid to be allowed at a ballot place.

ballot place? LOL...welcome to the club

Old 10-11-2016, 12:30 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Getting a little off topic here, and he did respond to the question. He did not answer her question IS your opinion! And how was Clinton's response any better!? Trump's response by coming forward with info is the easiest way to not being labeled a threat. Problem with your opinion is you don't see enough law-abiding Muslims denouncing terrorist attacks! I agree that his response was simple and general, but it was a better response than Clinton's. Again a little off topic here.
Clinton's response was canned and unsurprising. And yes, I do see plenty of Muslims denouncing terrorism, all the time.

Does the name Zazi ring a bell? It should for Trump, a New Yorker. He was the guy with the plot to leave 9 backpack bombs on the NYC Subway activated by cell phones. Turned in by his imam. NYPD has paid informants all through the NYC Muslim community. If I know this, Trump knows it even more.

Her question was how do you protect me, not what can I do to make people nicer to Muslims. His answer did not address her question at all. His response won't work, anyway. Muslims have been denouncing terrorism since 911, and look at you, Exhibit A, still clutching tightly to the belief that they don't.

The topic is Trump's class. He did not demonstrate it here.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Clinton's response was canned and unsurprising. And yes, I do see plenty of Muslims denouncing terrorism, all the time.

Does the name Zazi ring a bell? It should for Trump, a New Yorker. He was the guy with the plot to leave 9 backpack bombs on the NYC Subway activated by cell phones. Turned in by his imam. NYPD has paid informants all through the NYC Muslim community. If I know this, Trump knows it even more.

Her question was how do you protect me, not what can I do to make people nicer to Muslims. His answer did not address her question at all. His response won't work, anyway. Muslims have been denouncing terrorism since 911, and look at you, Exhibit A, still clutching tightly to the belief that they don't.
You still didn't provide what Clinton's response to the question was! That's the point! Everyone so quick to dump on Trump yet provides nothing of substances when talking about Clinton! Go back to the tape and re-watch, then you could provide Clinton's response! And according to wikipedia the Imam law enforcement whom they had developed as an informant!

Old 10-11-2016, 12:46 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
You still didn't provide what Clinton's response to the question was! That's the point! Everyone so quick to dump on Trump yet provides nothing of substances when talking about Clinton! Go back to the tape and re-watch, then you could provide Clinton's response! And according to wikipedia the Imam law enforcement whom they had developed as an informant!
1. The thread's about Trump.
2. I don't care. I don't like either Trump or Clinton. Her response to the Muslim woman was nothing remarkable one way or another--but she did seem to include Muslims as part of America instead of as a separate Them.
3. Your last sentence is not a sentence. But yes, the imam was an FBI informant. Unfortunately, he also told Zazi LE was asking questions. He was deported.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:04 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Trump hands down more classy than Clinton during the debate! When asked what each candidate respects about their opponent, Clinton would not mention anything about Trump!!
Clinton was the one who spoke first answering the "respect" question.

And instead of judging this with our emotions, lets judge this with Hillary's and Trump's. Which candidate was more moved by the others remarks?

After Hillary's remarks about Trump's children Trump was clearly moved, Trump was silent for a moment and even said he considered it a compliment. But clearly Trump's remarks about Hillary's "fighting attitude" did not move her in such a emotional way. And who was so eagerly waiting to shake hands at the end of the debate?

Quote:
Also at the end of the debate Clinton would not shake hands until Trump offered his hand! No one shook hands at the opening, Trump had to extend his hand to make sure this did not happen again! Much more class, no liberal media to spin it ! You all saw it with your own eyes, yet if the roles were reversed the Clinton news network aka CNN would be covering how classless Trump is for not mentioning anything respectable about Clinton and for not shaking hands!!
When 2 candidates run against each other its a fight and the thing you talk about is sportsmanship. When do you judge the sportsmanship of a boxer, NFL coach, or UFC fighter, at the beginning of the event or after its over? Sportsmanship is judged at the end of the event when the winner is decided (and this campaign is not over.)

And only a biased and fact-less news network like Fox news or Rush radio would even cover such an issue, political news should be about political matters (not who's hand came up first for the handshake.) And republicans in this forum share the same biased and fact-less attitude, like here talking about handshakes instead of talking about real political matters like deficits, debt, and jobs.

Last edited by chad3; 10-11-2016 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 01:05 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I thought her compliment of his children was sincere, and his comment that she never gives up was kind of a back-handed compliment (like Hitler never gave up either). When Trump was speaking, Hillary sat quietly and listened. When she was speaking, Donald paced around right behind her, interrupted repeatedly and whined to the moderator that she got more time than he. Real classy!
Yeah it should make Donald real happy especially after he admitted that he paid Ivana, Marla and Melania raise them.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Hillary also called Trump a liar, and she called him a bully! Tic for tac! But you never hear the "news" stations reporting on this 24/7!!
I watched the entire debate. Did you?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Ahhh liberal Hillaryworld take a quote out of context!! You missed the part of appointing an AG to investigate! Just like you guys always leave out illegal when referring to Mexicans! And the media just plays along!!
Judge Ariel is not illegal.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Judge Ariel is not illegal.
Yeah but given the circumstances do you truly believe he would be unbiased?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections