Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Putting a criminal syndicate crime boss like crooked Hillary in the office of president will never be acceptable for people who want a prosperous future where government represents them. When gender is your reason to elect someone to office you are already to stupid to fill out a ballot or vote.

Its great for the political class who want to personally profit and remain in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 09:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I don't know if much will change . There was a lot of enthusiasm for Obama partially due to his being African American . It's really hard to say if he would of won if he was not AA. I think it's dumb when people say it was only because he was AA though . He ran a much better campaign versus Hillary in 2008.
In terms of race relations though things seem a lot worse now than prior to his presidency. A lot of it is the media feeding into it though.

I don't really think Hillary would make things much "better" for women .

I think her bigger obligation will be to the special interests and donors .
Obama's problem was working with Congress. Hillary has already been there done that, and is good at it. Many in Congress (including Republicans) have publicly stated they can work with her and have already worked across the aisle with her, indicating an openness to her presidency.

Trump has alienated Congress--both parties. We will have four more years of gridlock if was elected. He has no idea how government or the Constitution works. He will only further divide the country.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That is something that has crossed my mind a while ago.

I am fortunate to be living in a time where we elected the first black president. I seriously did not think that would happen for a long time.

And now, we are on the cusp of a second monumental moment in our history, electing the first female to be president. I have no problems at all with women in positions of leadership including the presidency. And I think it fitting in light of our 'rape culture' which views women as sex objects and treats sexual violence as a joke.

That said, shame the woman couldn't be someone other than Hillary. That is a person I cannot vote for.

Think you're confusing the US with Saudi Arabia

Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,987 times
The vote should go to the best candidate, not the first this or that minority.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:52 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
We elected the first "black" President, and the country is more racially divided than it has been since the '60's.

Maybe with the first woman, we'll finally see complete destruction of the family unit, and everyone will become one of the umpteen alternate genders that are NOT male or female.

A true liberal utopia is right around the corner.

CN

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
I am a man and I'd like to see that. Any progressive nation should have seen something alike happening long ago.

This election is positive in that aspect. Voting down Trump is also positive.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
My God, some of you people are just so damn negative ! Must be tough, living in your shoes !

We HAVE come far as a nation. Electing a black man was a huge step forward, and a woman President will be another good move. The haters will hate, but that is just what some of them like to do.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Voting the better choice is always first priority., not gender.
That should never be the goal- never.
I agree with that.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
I am a man and I'd like to see that. Any progressive nation should have seen something alike happening long ago.

This election is positive in that aspect. Voting down Trump is also positive.

Completely and totally WRONG.
It's about electing competent, honest leadership --- if you can find anyone like that anymore.
Gender has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:01 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
My God, some of you people are just so damn negative ! Must be tough, living in your shoes !

We HAVE come far as a nation. Electing a black man was a huge step forward, and a woman President will be another good move. The haters will hate, but that is just what some of them like to do.

Again. Why is this a big deal? Skin color and gender are the most important things eh? What's wrong with you people? Why does Hillary being a woman somehow excuse her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections