Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 09:19 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And, this event has a long history of being a light hearted roast. He couldn't even hold it together for that and broke protocol. That's another reason he was booed.
No, he was booed because the place was crawling with the main stream, biased media. They are lovers of Hillary. If Trump had said that Hillary is an admirable person, and would be a great president, the crowd would have booed over that.

Trump knows how to speak to the public. Hillary is always pulling out her Standard Phrases she has tucked away in her rehearsed brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 09:20 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump bombed. He left the room in a hurry with a scowl on his face just like at the last debate. He's whipped and he knows it.
The dinner was " Rigged "

Old 10-21-2016, 09:22 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
No, he was booed because the place was crawling with the main stream, biased media. They are lovers of Hillary. If Trump had said that Hillary is an admirable person, and would be a great president, the crowd would have booed over that.

Trump knows how to speak to the public. Hillary is always pulling out her Standard Phrases she has tucked away in her rehearsed brain.
lol, ok keep telling yourself that. The place was filled w/ NY Catholics and priests.

The crowd was fine until he didn't follow the tradition of the even t and went nasty for no reason. They only booed when he started with the attacks.

This is not a campaign event, it's a charity event (one I have actually attended in the past!)

Old 10-21-2016, 09:26 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
Actually, I don't get why either side was trading barbs, I always thought it was when the candidate would really make fun of themselves, not so much the other person. The whole thing in my opinion just wasn't very good. The last few I seen were funny, and the candidates definitely were not as tense with one another during the evening. This one, just seemed like both of them were uncomfortable to be there. Oh well, at least there was a lot of money raised for a good cause

Old 10-21-2016, 09:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I don't think he blew it at all. Hillary has been very nasty and unethical.

Trump had no clue what she had prepared for as he had to go first and from what we know with the tapes that have proven that the Democrats are behind the incidents at rally's and emails from Wikileaks that have come out we know how Mrs Nasty really feels about the Trump and Bernie voters!

Don't talk about Trump being low while it is the Democratic nominee who is disgustingly low!

Old 10-21-2016, 09:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Actually, I don't get why either side was trading barbs, I always thought it was when the candidate would really make fun of themselves, not so much the other person. The whole thing in my opinion just wasn't very good. The last few I seen were funny, and the candidates definitely were not as tense with one another during the evening. This one, just seemed like both of them were uncomfortable to be there. Oh well, at least there was a lot of money raised for a good cause
They usually make fun of themselves, their opponent and other politicians. In a light-hearted manner.

No one else has had a problem following these guidelines before except for Trump.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:34 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They usually make fun of themselves, their opponent and other politicians. In a light-hearted manner.

No one else has had a problem following these guidelines before except for Trump.
So delusional........

Old 10-21-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't think he blew it at all. Hillary has been very nasty and unethical.

Trump had no clue what she had prepared for as he had to go first and from what we know with the tapes that have proven that the Democrats are behind the incidents at rally's and emails from Wikileaks that have come out we know how Mrs Nasty really feels about the Trump and Bernie voters!

Don't talk about Trump being low while it is the Democratic nominee who is disgustingly low!

What that have to do with the Al Smith dinner ? He has attended them before he knows what they are all about. You can watch them on you tube, they are light hearted roasts.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
So delusional........
Where is the delusions ? Have you ever seen the Al Smith dinner before ????????????

Old 10-21-2016, 09:46 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
how long was the prayer-- maybe should have laid hands and cast out devils - I didn't hear it- same O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections