Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:27 PM

16,612 posts, read 8,625,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hillary wants to keep Obamacare
Of course she does, as all progressives want the government to run their lives and provide for them from cradle to grave.

Don't forget (or look it up), Hillary tried to pull off government run healthcare back in the 90's.
Had her plan not been soundly rejected by the American people years ago, we'd have Hillarycare, and our healthcare would have been screwed up long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 08:32 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,089,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which makes absolutely no sense, given their deductibles are sky high, and premiums are skyrocketing. You'd think their profits were through the roof..

Ooh wait, ACA capped profits, thereby making sure insurance companies have no incentives to enter the marketplace, thereby reducing the profits, and payments, are also capped because government pays most of the newly insured costs..
The heavyweights like Aetna and United Healthcare claimed they are losing billions. You don't have to believe it. Companies are not in the business to lose money. If all the big guys leave, Obamacare is doom to fail. Period.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:36 PM

16,612 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Clinton has said multiple times that ACA must be fixed and improved. That's a pipe dream, of course, since all GOP wants to do is to repeal it altogether and replace it with just some vague notion.

Mick

Vague notion?

Maybe you have forgotten that just a few years ago, we had better coverage and less expensive healthcare that worked for the majority of Americans, especially those who had jobs.
Granted it was not perfect, but many states had already mandated things like dependent kids could get coverage on their parents plan until they turn 26.
So the GOP and most American want to go back to the system that has served us well, and make some reasonable changes that make sense.
They do not want a plan based on lies with smoke & mirrors like what Obama & Hillary tricked the American people into. Or should I say depended on "the stupidity of the American people" like the architect of Obamacare, Johnathan Gruber;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G790p0LcgbI

I wonder how many people would have supported it if Obama told the truth, rather than lie to us?

`

Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 PM

7,644 posts, read 8,716,940 times
I think imposing monetary fines for not being able to afford healthcare plans is one of the most ridiculous and outrageous laws out there. You may well charge $$$$ to a homeless person for being homeless.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:00 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
My girlfriend's increase just showed up in the mail today. $265/month more than last year. It is now around $1200/month with a 5k deductible. I'm not certain that people actually understand the economic ramifications of the excessive cost. Prior to Obamacare she was paying less than $500/month. What that means is she now has $700/month less to spend on going out to dinner and purchasing other goods and services. Multiply this by the millions of people that have been impacted and the enormity of the issue becomes clear.
You nailed it...sadly to say as many have been fooled. We knew,it from back in the days in Europe just as refugees aside from the thread are costing us a fortuin.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:05 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,725 times
I remember watching the ObamaCare debates on the floor of the House and Senate back in 2009. All of those democrats were saying that we had to bend the healthcare cost curve because it was consuming too much of our economy. The democrats got exactly what they voted for, and now they blame republicans for it. What a joke!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:14 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Hillary will improve it. Obama knew it wasn't perfect but he had to get what he could get approved at the time - knowing that future tweaks would be needed. He even said this when it was first approved.

GOP wants to toss it out and then people with pre-existing conditions would be paying even higher premiums than now...or they won't be able to get insurance at all. GOP is ok with people being unable to get insurance and die as a result.

It's time for the tweak that Obama mentioned and Hillary knows how to make it better. She researched this for a long time and she understands how to fix it. I'm with her.
GOP has said they will not toss people out with the pre existing conditions and children under 26 in parents health care.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:16 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You choose to go without health insurance?
My sister has gone without insurance in between jobs. She can't afford it.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,671 times
I have a $95 monthly premium, pre-obama grandfathered plan.

I can either cancel all insurance and pay the $700 penalty, but I'll forever forfeit my $95 rate if i ever need insurance again. The cheapest obamacare plan is now nearly $300/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
$10,000 deductible! !!

don't you just love paying a fee without getting any benefit in return?

who the hell is going to rack up $10000 in medical bills?

You are flushing over $20k down the toilet each year.

It will be funny if this 25% hike is what causes hillary to lose the election. The timing of this announcement couldn't be better

Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
My girlfriend's increase just showed up in the mail today. $265/month more than last year. It is now around $1200/month with a 5k deductible. I'm not certain that people actually understand the economic ramifications of the excessive cost. Prior to Obamacare she was paying less than $500/month. What that means is she now has $700/month less to spend on going out to dinner and purchasing other goods and services. Multiply this by the millions of people that have been impacted and the enormity of the issue becomes clear.

Oh boo hoo she can't go out to dinner. Are you kidding me. Please tell me how her policy changed because I'm sure it did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections