Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 07:02 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,907 times

Advertisements

I had too many clients in 2015 get slammed with the Former 8962 Premium Tax Credit paying a lot in what I deem miscalculated monthly premiums. It's as if people were sold a bill of goods about reduced monthly premiums and didn't have a grasp on what would happen at tax time.

Not a fan of Obamacare in its current iteration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What is Trump bring to the table to replace ACA? So far I haven't heard anything concrete. Will it be better? Will it be worse? We have no idea other than his assurances that it will be "great".
LOL I didn't open this thread. It seems a moderator erase the original post but kept the title and now it looks like I opened this crap. I was saying "no thank you" to "vote for Trump to repeal obamacare" .

This was the original post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Omg who can afford health care next year!

Vote for Trump to repeal Obamacare.
I already reported it but no one has fix this. I feel my words are being manipulated and misinterpreted LOL. Now I know how some politicians must feel with some of those false political ads

Old 10-25-2016, 08:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
"affordable" care act.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Clinton has said multiple times that ACA must be fixed and improved.
Maybe, just maybe, they should have actually READ THE BILL to find out what was in it, before they passed the POS..

Old 10-25-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What is Trump bring to the table to replace ACA? So far I haven't heard anything concrete. Will it be better? Will it be worse? We have no idea other than his assurances that it will be "great".
Why is it up to Trump to fix what Democrats passed? WHY ARENT YOU ASKING OBAMA how hes going to fix it? I bet you're going to vote Hillary who also supported this ****...

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Excellent Post. You are correct, it's not Universal Health Coverage that is raising cost, it is corporate Greed.
Profits are capped, try again...

Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,753,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
If health insurance companies cannot provide fair rates while not being able to deny for pre-existing conditions, then they need to be done away with entirely and we need to change to medicare for all single payer.
Medicare is already broke.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why do you believe Italy=Europe? Italy is one of the poorest western european countries.

Besides, even Italians have far bigger vacations than Americans. Italians would be shocked at the near absence of vacation time in America.
Americans have much stronger work ethics. This is why our economy is doing much better than everywhere else. I have been to Italy, France, Austria, England, Scotland. I know the standard of living is much lower than USA.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

Old 10-25-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Of course they're losing money. They are being forced to insure people with pre-existing conditions. They also have to cover students under their parents' plan until 26. They are in the business to make money and answer only to their shareholders.

When I was a health insurance agent, I met cancer survivors, people with Lupus and MS or born with a heart defect who couldn't find decent coverage or had premiums so high they were cost prohibitive. So the answer was "Guess you're gonna die." Is that what people want?

So I wish people who were not in these situations would stop whining about Obamacare and begin looking at the real problem. Insurance companies raise premiums because they can. I always knew Obamacare would fail because we need to get for-profit companies out of our health care system.
In California, if you are denied insurance, there is a high risk pool. Slightly expensive, maybe $1000 per month, pre-Obama care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections