Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 08:57 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
I didn't know Pelosi and company could read.

good point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:40 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nonsense. Most sick people never bought insurance, or were not employed f/t earning group insurance via an employer. That is analogous to Junior whining when he crashes his car and will not get an insurance check, when he went w/o insurance his whole life.
You're not making any sense. You know this because..??

First of all, many businesses don't offer any benefits. Certain Federal laws only apply to companies with 50 or more employees. Someone can be working more than 40 hours a week without any benefits. Also, an employer can fire a person who gets sick. There's no law against it, except in certain states that offer protection.

I could continue with more explanations, not that they would matter to you, but I really don't understand the hostility toward people who get sick and need affordable health care. Several years ago, when a friend got breast cancer, she was told by her HMO it was "pre-existing" and, while she was preparing for a mastectomy, had to wonder how the hell she was going to pay for everything. I guess you and many others figure she somehow deserved it.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If I went with the family plan offered at my job, I would owe the company money at the end of the month instead of the other way around.
In this case, then, I think your family should be subsidized. I would not mind my tax dollars going towards your health just as I would not mind my local taxes going towards people utilizing the fire dept., police, local schools, etc that I have never used.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The good thing is that if you are really ill you can buy back in and there is no longer any pre-existing condition clauses. You have nothing to lose.

If you need to visit the doctor for the flue or a broken bone, you can ask in advance how much visits are and negotiate directly with your Doctor(s)/their Nurses - this will also show you how unfair the pricing is in our HC system for the uninsured.
So I have insurance now but do I just stop paying the bill or do I call and cancel? I do hear that people aren't buying until they become sick so do they just go online and pick a plan and purchase if they become sick?

Right now I'm paying my way in life, also saving and investing for my retirement for when I can no longer work because we won't qualify for the safety net and since my elderly mom can't get any help even though she is just above the poverty line I have to pay for things she needs. Obamacare is way too expensive and if it goes up even more it's already been way too much and for the first time in my life I'll have to risk it and go without health insurance.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:06 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Seems clear these policies have ended up screwing Middle Class Americans .

If you are poor you get Medicaid and if you are a 1 percenter the cost doesn't hurt much

Old 10-26-2016, 10:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Seems clear these policies have ended up screwing Middle Class Americans .

If you are poor you get Medicaid and if you are a 1 percenter the cost doesn't hurt much
Obamacare is just one of the reasons we have Trump. The middle class is getting screwed. They are being forced to cary too much of the load.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:36 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obamacare is just one of the reasons we have Trump. The middle class is getting screwed. They are being forced to cary too much of the load.
Trump doesn't seem to have a healthcare plan in mind. With that said, I don't understand why small businesses cannot band together for joint policies like large co's do- as one entity in a sense health insurance why. There should be regulation that would allow this.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:42 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes , abosolutely . Middle class is getting squeezed .
Obama has always spoken about middle class middle class but they are worse off .
no doubt about it .
NAFTA was not Obamas fault but it was signed by Bill Clinton .

Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes , abosolutely . Middle class is getting squeezed .
Obama has always spoken about middle class middle class but they are worse off .
no doubt about it .
NAFTA was not Obamas fault but it was signed by Bill Clinton .
Bill...who Hillary wants to put in charge of the economy. Great.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:54 AM

1,185 posts, read 805,202 times
From CNN:
Updated 12:40 PM ET, Wed October 5, 2016:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Washington (CNN)Bill Clinton criticized President Barack Obama's signature policy reform Monday while on the stump for his wife, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, calling Obamacare "the craziest thing in the world." But he attempted to temper his criticism at a Tuesday rally.

Speaking at a Democratic rally in Flint, Michigan, the former president ripped into the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for flooding the health care insurance market and causing premiums to rise for middle-class Americans who do not qualify for subsidies.

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world," Clinton said.

On Tuesday, he tried to clean up his criticism.

"Look, the Affordable Health Care Act did a world of good, and the 50-something efforts to repeal it that the Republicans have staged were a terrible mistake," Clinton said at a rally in Athens, Ohio. "We, for the first time in our history, at least are providing insurance to more than 90% of our people."

Read More

"But there is a group of people -- mostly small business owners and employees -- who make just a little too much money to qualify for Medicaid expansion or for the tax incentives who can't get affordable health insurance premiums in a lot of places. And the reason is they're not in big pools," Clinton said. "So they have no bargaining power."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections