Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:59 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
See... this is what happens when a party pushes a bill through underhandedly without one vote from the other. Then when Republicans tried to tell Democrats this isn't going to work but they were mocked. Yes as we are told the bill needed passed so we can see what's in it. THAT should have been your first clue it wasn't good.

People getting subsidies mocked us, called us liars, ignored us, when people like me were getting screwed so really I don't give a damn.

The Obamacare MESS is Democrats fault and we need to start from scratch because Obamacare stinks! I don't care how it gets done. I've paid my way all of my life including insured me and my family and frankly I'm tired of getting screwed?
I don't think it's OK that you're getting screwed. As I mentioned earlier I don't know why small businesses like yourself cannot join forces with thousands of other small businesses to act as one entity to get group health insurance. I don't know why something like that wouldn't be included already in current policy. With that said, again, I think healthcare is a right. I think people with pre-existing conditions need to be insured, and at this Point we're having some growing pains. As with most things there is usually many versions of an original application. By finally ridding the Republicans in the House and Senate hopefully Hillary will be able to implement needed modifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 01:59 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times
ACA is going up like 60% to 70% of the people that signed up are 45+ yrs old and these people go to the doctor and hospital more. They thought like 40% of the people that would sign up would 35 or under and that was not the case so they are jacking up rates on every to cover the older people and people with preexisting conditions. Simple as that

Old 10-26-2016, 02:03 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
Simple math, more poor people using services and not paying a dime. The government is only paying what they believe they ought to pay. Then the insurance company has to ask the paying people to fork up more money!!

Old 10-26-2016, 02:06 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Soon way more people than ever before will be without health care coverage due to not able to afford it.

We pay $1900 premium with $6000 deductible! We started with $3000 deductible years ago ad thought that was absurd.

Today people on Facebook mentioned $10,000 deductible! !!
I was thinking that too. Pre-Obamacare, the middle class and wealthy had health insurance, post-Obamacare, only the poor and wealthy will have healthcare coverage. The middle class won't be able to afford it. Too "rich" to get a government subsidy and not "poor" enough to get free coverage....but you'll still have to pay the fine for not having coverage.

What a cluster xxxx this it turning out to be. My individual policy was $490.00 per month in 2015 and went to $785.00 per month this year. All that with a $3000 dollar deductible. Previously, back in the good ol' days, just a few years ago, we got family coverage for about $400.00 a month through where my wife works with a $200.00 per person deductible per year. I used to complain about that....but those certainly were the good ol' days compared to this train wreck we're in now. Brought to you by your liberal friends, who although good hearted, designed a system that wasn't thought through obviously and even more obviously isn't working, except for the poor, and the wealthy.

In wanting to cover the poor who previously couldn't afford coverage, with wonderful health care coverage, they somehow forgot that us solidly in the middle class, that previously had coverage, would perhaps like to continue being covered in a fashion we could afford....and pay for ourselves without having to beg for a subsidy from the government.

Seems like they are intent on making us all wards of the state and on the dole in some fashion with these rate increases in health insurance premiums. That was probably their intent all along, you know, the private position vs public position issue that's been in the news lately. Publically, we want to help everyone out with their health care coverage.....privately, we want to control your health care coverage. With a subsidy comes control....control of exactly how you spend it, and exactly what you can spend it on.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:18 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Thank the Republican who have pandered to the Insurance Companies to do all they can to create havoc in the system. If Republicans had not fought it, we would have had ALL insurance companies who provide health care coverage to submit to the program guidelines set forth by ACA, and ALL insurance companies would be responsible to see their coverage in ALL 50 States.
We also could have include cost caps in the system, which minimize the gouging that Hospitals do as well as what insurance companies do. We all know Insurance companies do not settle claims for the same amount that would be billed to a customer without insurance, because the hospital knows that the insurance company is aware of the exaggerated billing practices. What they settle for is the reasonable cost of service. This is what the system could have based their cost caps.

Also, keep in place the system that existed before, where Insurance Companies who made XX% of profit above what it cost to do business and gain a reasonable profit, had to refund the overage back to customers, or face the 90% tax on that overage income.

It's a simple fix to the whole madness. Mandate ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES TO COMPLY WITH ACA GUIDELINES, and if they want to come up with some Elite package above these standards to offer the wealthy, then go right ahead, but the Standard guidelines will be set and designed to give people the best of care with the same provisions of no exclusion, and no avenue to put a lien on anyone's house because they got sick.

The really sad part of this mess, is these people who work at and run these companies, are children of American People, and they went to school only to learn how to fleece the society. These are not space aliens, these are the greed trained American kids who grew up to become criminal fleecing masters, and they don't care that it fleeces people in their own family, their greed training has made them void of humane considerations. All they know is chase money and pursue the ego delusions of status.
They sit around and conjure up this craziness day after day after day - They function as if they are a new style of plantation owner, who has found a way to indenture people without providing any benefit, and finding ways to ensure that people do not acquire or attain any stability, by the continual game of rate hikes.

We should find a way to Federalize the System of Health Care, and knock all the Insurance Companies out of the Loop!!!!
One day the future generations will figure it out and do it, because man can't be trusted with something as valuable as the lives of people, especially when it concerns, children, adults and senior citizens and their health care. The greed of the individual is far to dominant in people for this critical area to be entrusted to some degree riding idiots who have been trained to fleece the people for the sake of self enrichment. Then the system can stop this game of "become a doctor get instantly wealthy, madness" of which some abuse the profession to do.

Then we see some of these doctor's when they have chased money, then they turn and want to become politicians and their first aim is to try and dismantle anything that helps support the citizens expense of health care.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 10-26-2016 at 02:55 PM..

Old 10-26-2016, 04:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump's plan is to repeal Obamacare and toss 20 million people off insurance plans, lovely. Selling insurance across state borders is really done today. Does anyone really think Blue Cross of New York is an entirely different insurance company than Blue Cross of New Jersey?
I agree that selling insurance across state borders won't help lower the cost. These companies are in the business to make large profits. Trump has never addressed the problem of insuring people with pre-existing conditions. Shopping across state lines certainly won't help them if they're not protected by law.

[URL="http://time.com/4466079/rep-grijalva-obamacare/"]Private Insurance Companies Are Destroying Affordable Health Care[/URL]

"As we see the continued failures of private insurance to provide stable, affordable and quality care to the American public, there comes a time when we must say “enough.” We can’t continue down this dangerous path while the risks are so high. We must act now to implement a public option and we must talk seriously as a nation about the need to transition our system away from the mercy of care-for-profit."

I couldn't say it any better, which is why I quoted Congressman Grijalva from Arizona.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:42 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
ObamaCareNot turned out to cause exactly the problems that were predicted. This was part of Obama's and the globalists plan to break the country. Show the globalist the door and elect Trump - we cast two votes for him this morning and later, I got a compliment on my "Veterans for Trump" t-shirt!

Old 10-26-2016, 04:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
ObamaCareNot turned out to cause exactly the problems that were predicted. This was part of Obama's and the globalists plan to break the country. Show the globalist the door and elect Trump - we cast two votes for him this morning and later, I got a compliment on my "Veterans for Trump" t-shirt!
You are allowed to wear paraphernalia promoting a candidate at your polling place? Most states do not allow this.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Simple math, more poor people using services and not paying a dime. The government is only paying what they believe they ought to pay. Then the insurance company has to ask the paying people to fork up more money!!
Sorry, but truly the POOR ( as you describe them) fall under Medicaid~~ NOT ACA) do not even need to avail ACA..unless and of course those nasty RED STATES refuse to accept ACA's offering to fundings for Medicaid~~ So only alternative is to try to avail ACA accesses..COurse those States refused to open up availability

When a Party spends years undermining HC availability to HC...kind of tells you exactly just where their mind is and their NEED to undermine progress!! Taxpayer's have always paid for indigent users of HC for many decades!! So who would they block such a notion to enable accesses?? I find this totally a Political Agenda and one party uses it to "Means to an End"!!

Why would one of the 2 Parties that govern actually have the NERVE to discard American Citizens, the need a helping hand to access something..that IF they don't..Taxpayer's always end up paying for anyway..ala~~ ER Care BIG BUCK COSTS with absolutely NO followups??????? Somethings wrong with such a mindset..Are Politicians totally dis-interested/uncaring and only listen to their lobbyists (who pay them big bucks to do what they want)?????

Old 10-26-2016, 05:38 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your criticism that 'Krugman supports the ACA, so he has nothing to offer,' is a silly argument. Why don't you read it and tell us where Paul is wrong. If you can't, then his words have merit.
I don't read anything Krugman write anymore. That's why I don't subscribe to the NYT. He has been pushing for a lot of things that's wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections