Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 07:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You live in a dream world.. hillary is a criminal and is going down, it's over for her..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
That still leave hillary as dead biotch walking... she is finished...
Dont count on it.. Obama will delay any warrants until after the election, Clinton will win, and reviewing the emails legally, will have to come from Congress, who even if they get the warrant needed, will take so long, Clinton will be in the White House.

Congress, primarily Democrats, will come to her defense, refusing to throw her out of office, just like they did her husband.. She'll be a corrupt President, with Democrats approval...

shame..

Old 10-30-2016, 07:09 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I learned yesterday that James Comey is a Republican - so now this whole scenario finally makes sense. Why would an FBI director give personal opinions or commentary about a completed investigation, as he did in July? Why would he release a "letter of speculation" 11 days before an election, suggesting they "might" reopen some investigation into this matter? When all Departments of Justice obeyed the 60 day rule for good reason? I guess I'm a little naive because I actually trusted an FBI director to be impartial. I suppose I have forgotten my history, J Edgar Hoover was well known for his partisan witch hunts. This stinks to high heaven; but we know there is no tactic too low for the Trumpists, so why are we surprised?
Comey was appointed by Obama and he said during questioning before Congress that he left the Republican Party years ago. I think he screwed up by not recommending a Grand Jury in July and possibly caved under pressure from Lynch. Now he needs to come out with whatever he found in case it might not have been factored into the voting public's voting decision. A general, we found emails, is not going to impact the election.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:11 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Default Hillary Clintons Response To The Emails

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...32805691604992

Good response. Sums it up in 5 sentences.

Don't let the Right Wing Propaganda Machine get you.

Citizen's United, American Interest Group, Breitbart, Nelson Peltz, etc. are spending tens of millions of $$ daily leading up to election day.

The only people that Donald Trump's policies will ever help are those in the investor class. Every thing he has proposed will lead to a credit reduction, higher inflation, lower wages, and a devaluation of our currency. It is happening more and more and more and more everyday in the UK. Do not let big oil buy this election. Climate Change is real. Vaccinations work. Mexicans aren't ruining our country.

Trump's tax policy will not be a job creator. Literally, THE GUY WHO CREATED REGAN's TAX PLAN SAID TRUMP'S IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.

If you want to increase the national debt by astronomical amounts and bankrupt the country in a couple blinks of the eye, I guess you can vote for Donald Trump

Old 10-30-2016, 07:12 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Don't let the truth get you.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:13 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
They reported Weiner turned over the laptop to the FBI ...so no warrant was needed....(in regards to those who wondered about the warrant)..
They need a warrant for the specific things contained in that email unrelated to Weiner's investigation. It doesn't give them absolutely freedom to search anything they want in the laptop.

bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Comey was appointed by Obama and he said during questioning before Congress that he left the Republican Party years ago. I think he screwed up by not recommending a Grand Jury in July and possibly caved under pressure from Lynch. Now he needs to come out with whatever he found in case it might not have been factored into the voting public's voting decision. A general, we found emails, is not going to impact the election.
I agree: Comey screwed up - twice; neither was a partisan move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They need a warrant for the specific things contained in that email unrelated to Weiner's investigation. It doesn't give them absolutely freedom to search anything they want in the laptop.
Precisely. In light of recent news concerns NSA surveillance, there is a renewed attention being paid to proper protocol in conducting investigations within the boundaries of issued warrants.

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Who are donors giving to exactly? One candidate has 3x the funds the other does. Hint, it's not Trump.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:14 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
The polls have shifted. Hillary's on defense and desperately trying to hang on. She's spent a decade planning for this moment and it's crumbling away in the final days.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:14 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Don't let the truth get you.
whats that mean? Trickle down doesn't work? Trickle Down + YUGE speading increase is the recipe for disaster?

Old 10-30-2016, 07:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Technically speaking and literally speaking, Hillary clinton could literally be put in cuffs and arrested and charged at any moment.

Does anyone remember senator Ted Stevens from Alaska? The single longest running senator in US history. The FBI raided, arrested and basically shut him down for allegedly having a sweetheart deal done for a remodel project on his home. Totaling less than $100,000. The charges were later dropped. I followed that case and it is stunning to me how much the Clintons have done criminally right out in the face of everyone and nothing has happened to them. It's insane!

But this time, I do not believe she will escape justice.
I remember the corrupt DOJ's false charges (he was cleared after he lost his re-election) against Ted Stevens right before the 2008 election. The Leftists were desperate to gain the Senate - knocking out Ted Stevens allowed them to do that. The ballots in Minnesota that rode around in the trunk of a car for a month gave a Senate Filibuster proof majority to the Democrats. Nasty evil bunch.

That "long standing RULE" of the DOJ to not interfere in an Election was nowhere to be found in 2008, when they railroaded Ted Stevens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.