Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 12:22 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,669 times

Advertisements

We all know emails have two copies.

One from the sender and one with recipient.

How could they not find them even if HRC deleted them?

What a load of BS.

Yet, people (such as my idiot liberal friends will still vote for her).

Old 10-30-2016, 12:34 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Could very well be.
No one wants to share a bad reputation through no fault of their own and brought on by the actions (or lack of action) of others.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Geez, Trump called this one.

"I only worry for the country in that Hillary Clinton was careless and negligent in allowing Weiner to have such close proximity to highly classified information. Who knows what he learned and who he told? It's just another example of Hillary Clinton's bad judgment. It is possible that our country and its security have been greatly compromised by this."
- Donald J. Trump

Old 10-30-2016, 12:45 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
No one wants the rat hole J. Edgar Hoover created again in the FBI, least of all the agency itself.

Any investigative agency is going to spend a lot of time chasing down false trails that go nowhere. That's part of the nature of the job.

But there always comes a point when someone in charge has to say "Enough is enough. We have nothing here. Let it go."

Comey should have snapped out of it and done that. I expect he will resign as soon as Congress is back in session. He may not even be allowed to act as temporary head of the FBI until his replacement is found. One way or another, though, he will be sweating it out in front of at least one Congressional committee before he goes.

I would hate to be in his shoes right now.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:46 AM

FBI Director James Comey’s probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private, unsecured email server does not mark the first time that he has investigated the presidential candidate for alleged wrongdoing. Time reports that 20 years ago, Comey was a deputy special counsel on the Senate Whitewater Committee, looking into the conduct of then President Bill Clinton and Hillary.

Comey came to some damning conclusions: Hillary Clinton was personally involved in mishandling documents. Worse, her behavior fit into a pattern of concealment: she and her husband had tried to hide their roles in two other matters under investigation by law enforcement.

Taken together, the interference by White House officials, which included destruction of documents, amounted to “far more than just aggressive lawyering or political naiveté,” Comey and his fellow investigators concluded. It constituted “a highly improper pattern of deliberate misconduct.”

http://time.com/4276988/jim-comey-hillary-clinton/

Last edited by petch751; 10-30-2016 at 01:03 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 12:48 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No one wants the rat hole J. Edgar Hoover created again in the FBI, least of all the agency itself.

Any investigative agency is going to spend a lot of time chasing down false trails that go nowhere. That's part of the nature of the job.

But there always comes a point when someone in charge has to say "Enough is enough. We have nothing here. Let it go."

Comey should have snapped out of it and done that. I expect he will resign as soon as Congress is back in session. He may not even be allowed to act as temporary head of the FBI until his replacement is found. One way or another, though, he will be sweating it out in front of at least one Congressional committee before he goes.

I would hate to be in his shoes right now.
You're whole entire post implies he has nothing.

Highly doubt that. You think he really said to himself, "Hey I found some emails on Huma's computer". "Time to tell the world I'm re-opening an investigation into one of the Presidential Candidates."

Really, he's got something. Or someone has something over him. Either way it's not nothing.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:49 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Default Charlie Hurt: Until FBI Letter, Clinton Camp Thought 'They Had It in the Bag'

Charlie Hurt: Until FBI Letter, Clinton Camp Thought 'They Had It in the Bag' | Fox News Insider

I personally won't vote for a felon, go Trump.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:04 AM

What is obvious is that this election will never be accepted by a substantial portion of the American electorate. The main reason is Hillary Clinton, who placed the country in this position thanks to her insatiable ambition, mendacity, and unrepentant criminality.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:32 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Agree. If this doesn't die down immediately the Obamas are going to distance themselves. Won't be surprised if Michelle and Barrack avoid campaigning for HC this week.

The last thing O wants is to be dragged into this mess. If it comes down to helping HC win or ensuring his own legacy doesn't get mixed up in this....forget it.

HC is on her own.
Oh, come on. That's ridiculous. Obama doesn't have anything to lose - he's done in January either way. The only thing that matters to him now is getting Hillary into office to carry on what he started and keep that idiot Trump from unraveling it. He'll do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Since this started, I've been reading every possible source from every possible slant and I'm sorry. I just don't think Comey's letter has legs with the voting public. I truly believe that opinions are set and the only people who haven't made up their minds by now are the terminally confused. The choices are so diametrically opposed that positions should be clear by now. This issue has no legs this election cycle. I don't think this will move the needle much for the Trumpsters.
I agree. This will probably move the polls about a point or two, but no more than that, and some of that will probably rebound by Election Day. Once again, the only people who really think this is important are Trumpheads, and they've demonstrated beyond a doubt - time and again - that they have absolutely no concept of what is and is not important tp other people. They're like self-centered little children who think the whole world is just about them and what they think is important.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 10-30-2016 at 01:57 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 01:38 AM

1,896 posts, read 812,292 times
HRC change of winning shoot up 0.1% Still holding steady at 81% of getting to 270 electoral votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections