Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 03:34 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
No she didn't, she gave very few interviews and no news conferences including people that were friendly to her campaign. Trump made himself available to almost anyone, he probably gave more interviews to mainstream media in one week than she gave the entire campaign.
you mean except for the last 100 days of the campaign - you know, when he was the actual nominee, and he had zero press conferences.

Trump hasn't held a press conference in 100 days | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 03:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
LOL one of my liberal Facebook friends posted this. They actually think an ONLINE petition has a chance of winning.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-c...ter_responsive

You can't make this stuff up people.
Liberals/Dems have got to get used to the fact that Trump and the Repubs won and will be in power for the next 4 years, sure i think it would have been better to have Hillary in power but that didnt happen,get over it and 4 years from now do a more concerted effort at getting your candidate elected.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:39 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you remove the electoral college that's exactly what you would have, states with large cities and population centers would determine the election, small states would be inconsequential. The states that determine the election are those that are evenly matched between the 2 parties, many of the other states vote republican or democratic every year.
I actually like the electoral college, but what if the other 48 states do what Nebraska and Maine do and determine who gets their electoral votes by which Presidential Candidate wins the congressional district in those states. I was thinking that if all 50 states did what Maine and Nebraska do, would a Republican always win the Presidency?

Old 11-10-2016, 03:41 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,788,713 times
Hillary still one the popular vote so not really. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:42 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
ha, ha...funny. Let me get this right. B/c CA and NY helped push the popular vote ahead slightly for HRC, libs think they should have the right to over ride a given states preference in the electoral college. Nope, nope, nope
You ought to be embarrassed to even make such an absurd remark. It's one man, one vote, no geographic preferences allowed. Had Clinton won the way Trump did with fewer votes and took CA and NY you would have a point. As it is, well like I said, it's just a stupid argument. Anyway, I heard they checked and all of the million votes that Clinton is going to win by came from Alabama.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
There is an unwritten rule to success in life:

You play the game you were given and not the game you wished for .

We all knew this fact going into election, so why all the whining now from Hillary supporters. Where was the mass contempt for the election rules prior to the election?.

It seemed to work fine before , now all of a sudden the outrage is deafening.

Most of the protest is coming from certain Liberal voting states anyhow. Do they really believe their rights supercede the rights of the majority of states that make up the United States of America.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I was not pleased in 2000 when Al Gore won the popular vote but George Bush became the president because of the electoral college system. At that time I thought the system needs to be upgraded to fit the 21st century. The fact that it seems again we have a similar situation of the candidate winning the popular vote but not becoming president just reinforces my thoughts on this matter.
Goodness, it has been stated numerous times on numerous threads; the popular vote does not matter, it does not matter because it does not reflect all those who potentially would have voted if they lived in a state that was not heavily favored of an opposing party. There are many Republicans in California who did not vote because they know the state is heavily Democrat, and there are many Democrats in Tennessee who did not vote because they know the state is heavily Republican.

Stating "if the popular vote was counted, Hillary would have won" is false, because not everyone who wants to vote does due to knowing it is a waste of time to do so. Hell, there are some local elections so heavily favored for one party that the other party does not even have someone running.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:47 PM

1,504 posts, read 852,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Amazing how they call Donald Trump supporters to be of low intelligence and education.
Those with high degrees in woman's studies along with other useless academic accreditation are not that intelligent...There is a difference between free thought and institutional theology. Maybe Trump supporters were pragmatic - realists who were self educated. I have no formal education and worked along side of people with PHDs. They were not anymore intelligent than myself.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:48 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,720 times
Why change the Constitution for something that has worked so well? The Electorial College prevents tyranny of majority as well as ensures smaller states a say in the election. I don't think a lot of people understand how we elect a president... or should I say how our states elect a president.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:50 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Liberals/Dems have got to get used to the fact that Trump and the Repubs won and will be in power for the next 4 years, sure i think it would have been better to have Hillary in power but that didnt happen,get over it and 4 years from now do a more concerted effort at getting your candidate elected.
So true, if the Democrats want to take back the WH they will need somebody with little baggage and a lot of charisma.
Bill Clinton had it
Obama had it
Trump has it in his own way.

Hillary was the worst possible candidate and the only person Trump could beat.

Give Trump his four years to make America great again and when he fails, which we all know he will. It will be time for a likeable and qualified Democrat to take over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections