Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
65 and OLDER....last time I checked, 67 classifies as older than 65. Being two years older than Trump is now isn't really an issue. I don't see why her lack of youth would be an issue if Trump's lack of youth wasn't an issue.

Also, a point is a general term, it doesn't mean fact, it can also mean opinion, but if it makes you feel better, then my opinion still stands.
It's pointless to say "65 and older" because she isn't 65, that's as relevant as saying 15 and older, or 50 and older......either way she's past that. Why play semantics and not just call her what she is?

And she isn't Trump. Like I said, Trump is an anomaly. I doubt we'll see anyone 70+ get into office any time soon after him. That's like saying the next President after Trump could be a billionaire just because he is, when in fact that has never been the case. Historically speaking anyone 70+ going into office has only occurred twice, it's pretty rare.

And for the record, I said "shrouded in fact", you simply made an opinionated statement lacking any evident fact, therefore not making any "point" at all.

My follow up response still stands as is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Anyone have any ideas? If you listen to the media and the D's, all the names they mention would be complete disasters so I thought I'd ask my fellow patriots.
Jim Webb. He is probably the only honest prominent Democrat that is worthy of the Office of the President. And he's a Trump supporter.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:19 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times
If John F Kennedy Jr had not died in a plane crash, Democrats would really be pushing for him to run for president. It's hard to pick out anyone today who is not boring. The good news for Democrats is that Trump's failure will lead to the Democrats taking back the White House in 2020 no matter who they put up

Old 11-18-2016, 11:47 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Jim Webb. He is probably the only honest prominent Democrat that is worthy of the Office of the President. And he's a Trump supporter.
Agree, he would be a good choice.

Also:

Cory Booker
Tim Ryan
Bernie Sanders

Old 11-19-2016, 12:28 AM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Anyone have any ideas? If you listen to the media and the D's, all the names they mention would be complete disasters so I thought I'd ask my fellow patriots.
The person that should have been the candidate this year.

Jim Webb

To the radical left, he just isn't radical enough!

Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 AM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Sorry Mad_Jasper

I posted before I saw your reply!

That happens when you answer the first poster's question forthwith!

Old 11-19-2016, 02:47 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
For the time being, I'd venture to say the left will consider one of the following (assuming that Warren and Sanders are not options):
  • Michelle Obama/Keith Ellison
  • Michelle Obama/Julian Castro
  • Michelle Obama/Kamala Harris
  • Michelle Obama/Amy Klobuchar
  • Julian Castro/Corey Booker
  • Julian Castro/Kamala Harris
  • Al Franken/Jon Stewart || Jon Stewart/Al Franken
  • King Samir Shabazz/Beyonce
And Michelle O's qualifications are what exactly?

Old 11-19-2016, 03:34 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And Michelle O's qualifications are what exactly?
The same as Bill Clinton's wife: wife of former president, more cocksure mouth than actual political brains.

At least Mr. Obama wasn't caught sticking his various cigars in various orifices.

This election cycle has clearly shown that the US electorate is wisely sick to death, to death, of establishment dynasty candidates (ask Jeb and Hillary), which should be prohibited in a Constitutional amendment anyway.

Besides, I think OpinionInOcala was being facetious.

Last edited by bale002; 11-19-2016 at 04:12 AM..

Old 11-19-2016, 04:39 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Jeff Merkley and Tulsi Gabbard could be a good ticket.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:25 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
The same as Bill Clinton's wife: wife of former president, more cocksure mouth than actual political brains.

At least Mr. Obama wasn't caught sticking his various cigars in various orifices.

This election cycle has clearly shown that the US electorate is wisely sick to death, to death, of establishment dynasty candidates (ask Jeb and Hillary), which should be prohibited in a Constitutional amendment anyway.

Besides, I think OpinionInOcala was being facetious.
I was indeed being facetious. Although, I wouldn't necessarily consider Michelle Obama off limits for 2020. The fringe-left could cry discrimination even louder, mobilize the ghetto, and assure the mourning college students that it's safe to leave the womb again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections