Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
yea and if they revote or caucus its only going to close the gap so a revote benefits Obama rather than counting the current votes....that wont happen because Obama didnt even have his name on the ballet in Michigan. These two states wont make a difference....North Carolina will give Obama that final big momentum into the convention.
Don't forget the overall count goes up as well, it will not stay at 2025.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
I can understand why a newspaper based here in the Triangle would publish the article, but I do disagree for several reasons.

Let's assume, as expected, Obama pulls out a win, though not by a big margin. If that's the case, Hillary still has a very good shot at Pennsylvania on April 22 before the primary, which will probably give her a bump here and at least hold onto a respectable loss. Indiana votes the same day as the primary here in NC, another state with very favorable demographics for Hillary. The headlines the next day may very well be, Obama takes NC while Hillary takes Indiana. Following NC and Indiana, then there's West Virginia and then Kentucky, two other big fairly significant states that Hillary should do very well. Oregon votes the same day as Kentucky with a primary, and that very well may go in Clinton's favor also. Throw in Michigan and Florida sometime in June which is sounding more likely by the day, followed by the fact that all the caucus states are over. It's quite possible that NC is an Obama win in a flurry of Hillary victories and momentum heading into the convention.
I doubt Pennsylvania would give her a bump......afterall her Ohio and Texas win did nothing for her in Wyoming and it wont do anything for her in Mississipi. But understand, after PA, North Carolina is the last big delegate state so its more important than those other states like West Virginia and Indiana.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
I doubt Pennsylvania would give her a bump......afterall her Ohio and Texas win did nothing for her in Wyoming and it wont do anything for her in Mississipi. But understand, after PA, North Carolina is the last big delegate state so its more important than those other states like West Virginia and Indiana.

I'm betting she has a tough time in Indiana, right next door to Ill.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I'm betting she has a tough time in Indiana, right next door to Ill.
I agree.....I still think Indiana leans towards Obama.....if she wins Indiana, it will be by a hair.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
I agree.....I still think Indiana leans towards Obama.....if she wins Indiana, it will be by a hair.
Which once again is a loss for her.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,383 times
God I hope he doesn't win in NC. I'll be embarrassed to be from this state. I'll be voting for Hillary and can only hope there are many more of me out there.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
God I hope he doesn't win in NC. I'll be embarrassed to be from this state. I'll be voting for Hillary and can only hope there are many more of me out there.
He will win in NC....there are just too many college students and upscale democrats in Charlotte, the Triangle and the Triad.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,383 times
Quote:
He will win in NC....there are just too many college students and upscale democrats in Charlotte, the Triangle and the Triad.
I know. I wish the college students would have to vote in their own states! I just hate it b/c we are in some deep crap and Obama will only make it deeper!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM

Lets see...There is Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, NC Central, UNC Wilmington, UNC Greensboro, NC A&T State Univ, Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem State, Elon Univ, High Point Univ, UNC Pembroke, UNC Asheville, UNC Charlotte, JC Smith University. Those are just a few big colleges i've mentioned.

North Carolina is ACC country. Obama will do well here.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,210 times
I live just outside Charlotte which is home to a lot of upscale conservative Democrats. There are also large pockets of Hispanics to the east and south. Obama will take the black vote here but Hillary will win the area overall.

The vote may be a lot closer than people think.

Your mentioning large colleges and universities is interesting. Only 1% of the US population is in a college or university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections