Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 08:39 AM

101 posts, read 127,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I want a female President in my life time. I want to vote for a democrat. Not a Maxine Waters type. I good middle of the road, willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. Someone who is willing to represent the base and not just the extremists or special interests.
You will likely get Kamala Harris then.

I think the primary will come down to Joe Biden vs Kamala Harris vs Cory Booker vs Elizabeth Warren and maybe Kirsten Gillibrand.

The message the Democrats should be going for is stability, and that's something that this country is not right now. Because of that, clear cut best choice for me would be Steve Bullock, governor from Montana.

But I don't think it will happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
You will likely get Kamala Harris then.

I think the primary will come down to Joe Biden vs Kamala Harris vs Cory Booker vs Elizabeth Warren and maybe Kirsten Gillibrand.

The message the Democrats should be going for is stability, and that's something that this country is not right now. Because of that, clear cut best choice for me would be Steve Bullock, governor from Montana.

But I don't think it will happen

The Democrats need a new face; but they also need new ideas with that new face. Most are still goose-stepping to the Party leadership; even Kamala Harris. Today's Democrats have no moderates or conservatives. They have moved left of the term 'liberal'. How do you appeal to a larger audience when you have slammed the door in their face?

Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Let's start a campaign to draft Maxine to run with Sheila Jackson Lee as Veep
Sheila Jackson Lee would have a problem, right? Ironically, two of her 3 names belong to Confederate generals.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:55 AM

1,683 posts, read 814,010 times
Worst nightmare for the RW party... Dems convert McMullin from Utah to blue... and have somebody from the east as VP...
such as... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Himes

(R) party would be just as well off not even fielding a ticket than the loss they would take

Old 07-18-2018, 08:59 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sheila Jackson Lee would have a problem, right? Ironically, two of her 3 names belong to Confederate generals.

Regardless of her name; she still votes Party line. Do they have anybody with 'original' ideas?

Old 07-18-2018, 09:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,772,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHoyal View Post
Worst nightmare for the RW party... Dems convert McMullin from Utah to blue... and have somebody from the east as VP...
such as... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Himes

(R) party would be just as well off not even fielding a ticket than the loss they would take
Ha ha. McMullin has about as much chance of getting the Dem nomination as I do.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:04 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,598,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The Democrats need a new face; but they also need new ideas with that new face. Most are still goose-stepping to the Party leadership; even Kamala Harris. Today's Democrats have no moderates or conservatives. They have moved left of the term 'liberal'. How do you appeal to a larger audience when you have slammed the door in their face?
Does the Republican party have any moderates or liberals?

The first part of that question is sort of rhetorical, I guess, as I suppose there are some moderates there - you know, the people who usually get called RINOs. But...liberals? It may be a generational thing, but I have no idea what a liberal Republican would even sound like in 2018. I wish someone would tell me.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:07 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,603,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The face can change, but the message of Marxism stays the same.
Funny I have read Karl Marx and its very diferent then what the DNC advocates.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:08 AM

923 posts, read 496,007 times
McMuffin's not our "worst nightmare", he's a joke - you can have him!

Old 07-18-2018, 09:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Anyone else notice the hypocrisy of the bar we hold other politicians to, yet not the current President? If we did assume that Warren lied about her ancestry, is that somehow worse than what Trump has done? Considering that now Trump is a politician, should we begin to hold him to these standards?

What a double-standard we have.

Wait! Can't she just come out and say "Listen, when I checked that box that said "Are you a Native American?" I thought it said "Are you not a Native American." And I checked it. Whoops!

Done. Fixed. Move on. If people want to hold politicians to their words and actions, please do it to all politicians.
Of course we should hold Trump to this standard but anyone that voted for Hillary has no place in condemning Trump supporters that won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections