Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

Why anyone would support Cruz is beyond me. Here's a guy whose family was trashed by Trump (wife, father). He would not stand up for them, why would he stand up for the people of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 06:09 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Why anyone would support Cruz is beyond me. Here's a guy whose family was trashed by Trump (wife, father). He would not stand up for them, why would he stand up for the people of Texas.
This is Texas. The rural ares are vast and the folks who inhabit those areas only care about two things: God and guns. Now throw some anti-gay and immigrant rhetoric in the mix and you have yourself a lock on whatever election you choose to run in.

Neither I nor anyone in our family will be voting for Mr. Cruz. That sentiment seems strong here in Houston and I assume it's pretty much the same in the other large metropolitan areas as well. Is it enough to swing the election in Beto's favor? Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see come November.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:46 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This is Texas. The rural ares are vast and the folks who inhabit those areas only care about two things: God and guns. Now throw some anti-gay and immigrant rhetoric in the mix and you have yourself a lock on whatever election you choose to run in.

Neither I nor anyone in our family will be voting for Mr. Cruz. That sentiment seems strong here in Houston and I assume it's pretty much the same in the other large metropolitan areas as well. Is it enough to swing the election in Beto's favor? Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see come November.

Exactly. Those people believe guns should be sold as candy and the only Americans are white Evangelical Christians...Cruz was called down by God to be their senator.

As always Beto winning will come from turnout. Democrats need to fully max out their base in the cities of TX and hope some Texas Republicans stay home or don't vote for the senate(they hate Cruz, but will never vote for a Democrat)

Old 08-31-2018, 09:20 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
beta news. leftists won't care.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35320...-ryan-saavedra

Old 08-31-2018, 09:39 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Bah, George Bush had a DUI, Laura Bush had a deadly DUI, and Cruz's dad killed JFK.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:22 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
All of these things that you righties are tryimg to latch onto in an effort to smear Beto are already well known facts. He's gone to great lengths to be open and honest about everything from the very beginning. How many polititians do that these days? Not many. They are a rare breed.

In case you hadn't noticed; your messiah, Trump, has turned hiding indiscretions and past criminal activity into an art form. Furthermore, last time I checked, Beto isn't under Federal investigation for colluding with a hostile foreign nation. In other words you have no room to talk when it comes to the integrity of the politicians you support.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My problem with Cruz is that he has no backbone. Trump attacked his wife and he said he would never support someone like that. Yet, here he is supporting Trump. Country comes first not party. If you don't stand up and defend your wife then how can anyone expect him to stand up and do right by our country. You just can't.
get real Nat ....... you are a well known Leftist
Your real problem with Cruz is that he is a Republican.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will second this. I used to go from Fort Worth to Austin on a regular basis in the 1970s, with construction always going on (at that time, from about Waco to Temple). I drove my wife down to Round Rock some 8 years ago, and was again appalled at the construction and heavy traffic.

Now, back to the Senate race. One problem facing Mr. O'Rourke (in addition to being a Democrat running for the Senate in Texas), is lack of name recognition.

I imagine that he will get a boost this coming week when he is slated to appear on Ellen Degenerous (sic?) show. I read that she liked that viral video of his defending the right to engage in peaceful protest (taking the knee), and so invited him.

Will it help? I imagine to at least a small extent, at least with name recognition.

Some artist did a strange portrait of Mr. Cruz covered in tattoos. Here is a link to a website, noting that Mr. Cruz even talked about the portrait during a speech:

Ted Cruz Fondly Describes Weird Shirtless Poster Of Self Made by Super Racist Artist
Could be that Texans will base their vote on what Ellen Degererous says .....
But, I wouldn't put money on it.

You are correct - well over 40% of Texans still answer "don't know who he is" when polled about Beto, the Boy Wonder who will run for President in 2020.

Marist Poll - August 23, 2018

A plurality of Texans (45%) perceive Cruz favorably. 39% have an unfavorable view of him, and 17% have either never heard of him or are unsure how to rate him. O’Rourke has low name recognition in the state. A plurality of residents (44%) report they have either never heard of O’Rourke or are unsure how to rate him. 36% have a favorable view of him while 21% have a negative opinion of O’Rourke.

Texas is difficult to Campaign in Statewide ..... that would be why we have NOT had a Democrat in a Statewide Elected position for over 30 years. 65 days out and over 40% don't even know who the Great Beto is. IF they vote, they will have to choose between .... Cruz ... OR ...... O'Rourke.

In 2012 in the Democratic Primary in Border Districts a Hispanic Name from a guy who registered to run for Governor as a Democrat beat Wendy Davis -- he never did anything more than register to run.

No ads, no flyers, no nothing...... just his name on the ballot - and he beat Pink Tennis Shoes
Think about that.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:24 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
get real Nat ....... you are a well known Leftist
Your real problem with Cruz is that he is a Republican.
I'm not a leftist at all. I'm a moderate democrat. Remember their are moderates in both parties. And my problem with Cruz is that he doesn't have a spine. We elected a republican governor in one of the most bluest states whom I voted for and will again, because he's a moderate and will not bow down to Trump. So tell me again how I am a well know leftist

Old 09-02-2018, 08:02 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Exactly. Those people believe guns should be sold as candy and the only Americans are white Evangelical Christians...Cruz was called down by God to be their senator.
As always Beto winning will come from turnout. Democrats need to fully max out their base in the cities of TX and hope some Texas Republicans stay home or don't vote for the senate(they hate Cruz, but will never vote for a Democrat)
Let's see.
  • Democrats hate most of America
  • Republicans love all Americans.
Here's a tip. Democrats will never win elections by hating the voters. Ask Hillary about Deplorables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections