Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 10:24 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,752,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If I had a better option I'd back that candidate but at this point it's either Ted or Beta and I'm certainly not going to support Beta.
You do realize that referring to Beto as "Beta" in every post is the exact behavior exhibited by angry children when they don't get their way, right?

Old 08-29-2018, 10:24 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,407,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I get the distinct impression from your twist on things that you're not really amused.

But you're still all about ME.

Now, back on topic.

Beto has Cruz and Trumplings very nervous.

And Hillary had them petrified.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:36 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,722,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You do realize that referring to Beto as "Beta" in every post is the exact behavior exhibited by angry children when they don't get their way, right?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and give that poster the benefit of the doubt. If they are posting from a phone or some other device that autocompletes, Beto becomes Beta.

Or, if I'm completely off-base, how exactly is "Beta" bad? Is it in reference to alpha personalities vs beta personalities?

Old 08-29-2018, 10:56 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,083,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I do realize that I can call Robert anything I like and that your comment is hilarious given the left’s history with attacking Ted Cruz’s name. 😁

EAD

Old 08-29-2018, 11:29 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,752,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and give that poster the benefit of the doubt. If they are posting from a phone or some other device that autocompletes, Beto becomes Beta.

Or, if I'm completely off-base, how exactly is "Beta" bad? Is it in reference to alpha personalities vs beta personalities?
I'll go out on a limb too and say he's doing it on purpose as judged by his post below. Name calling, no matter from which side, just makes the person look childish. On the other hand, posters like him are the face of the typical Trump supporter. Anything that makes them look foolish is a good thing.

Quote:
I do realize that I can call Robert anything I like and that your comment is hilarious given the left’s history with attacking Ted Cruz’s name. 😁

EAD
Yep you sure can. That's your right. Refer to my response above to find out why I have no problem with it.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,669,376 times
Quote:
I do realize that I can call Robert anything I like and that your comment is hilarious given the left’s history with attacking Ted Cruz’s name. ��

EAD
No one actually cares about Ted Cruz's name choice, it is the fact that he mocked Beto's that caused his name to be a source of discussion . It also had to do with the argument the right had mad of calling Barack Obama by his entire name, but never Ted Cruz by his entire name .

Old 08-29-2018, 11:47 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,669,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

Yes, it's meant as that ridiculous alpha vs beta thing. Funny enough, i have never met an "alpha" who hadnt been curb stomped by someone they had described as a "beta ".

Old 08-29-2018, 05:44 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 11 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,623,186 times
Quote:
Of course I did, Beta has been calling Ted Cruz out for months about scheduling debates, even a few in Beta's adopted tongue of Irish, I mean Spanish. Now that they've been scheduled and the first is on Friday Beta is backing out. I'm sure his campaign has made some excuse but we all know the truth, he isn't prepared to debate Ted Cruz and he's scared.
With two years of (pseudo)manly Trump at the helm, and one year before of being the four Cs - crude, crass, callous, and cruel; it's about time we get a beta (Beto or not) in the Senate.

Yep, instead of that monicker having the desired effect, it just makes me want to vote for him even more. Maybe the O'Rourke Campaign can throw you an appreciation party. And you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
For Beto to demand that 2 debates be conducted in Spanish simply illustrates his immaturity and lack of readiness to play with the adults. Cruz speaks little Spanish, so Beto just wants to strut in front of the crowd. If he wants to make things fair, have the debate conducted in Japanese and go from there.
You mean like Trump struts his own stuff to a voting block in desperate need of testosterone detox? Or another one consisting of aging fundamentalists? Meaning, kind of like an overgrown kid trying hard to get the approval of his grandparents friends.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 11 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,623,186 times
Whiskey Tango?????

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cf7b00312637

Of all the things Cruz's campaign thinks is negative about BetA (I mean that admirably) -- his...punk...band...membership?

How the hell is this going to be viewed as scandalous by anybody under 60 years old and certainly under 50????

BTW, I'm right at 50 and I don't care one way or another that he was in a punk band.

This is just Cruz throwing "red meat" at his base. You tell me what Cruz's agenda is based on that.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 954,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
With two years of (pseudo)manly Trump at the helm, and one year before of being the four Cs - crude, crass, callous, and cruel; it's about time we get a beta (Beto or not) in the Senate.

Yep, instead of that monicker having the desired effect, it just makes me want to vote for him even more. Maybe the O'Rourke Campaign can throw you an appreciation party. And you're welcome.

You mean like Trump struts his own stuff to a voting block in desperate need of testosterone detox? Or another one consisting of aging fundamentalists? Meaning, kind of like an overgrown kid trying hard to get the approval of his grandparents friends.

So, in your opinion, Congress needs another wuss? That hasn't gotten us far, particularly given the U.S. has been cursed with milquetoasts as Presidents the last 20 + years.

Lol, our country has needed to elect someone with a pair for a long time. Anyway, Beto certainly won't add to the testosterone pool anytime soon. He's a bit effeminate (to each his/her own), and we have enough of that in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections