Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 06:35 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,001,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
So, in your opinion, Congress needs another wuss? That hasn't gotten us far, particularly given the U.S. has been cursed with milquetoasts as Presidents the last 20 + years.

Lol, our country has needed to elect someone with a pair for a long time. Anyway, Beto certainly won't add to the testosterone pool anytime soon. He's a bit effeminate (to each his/her own), and we have enough of that in Congress.
What makes Ted Cruz such a tough guy? The guy is just a lackey for special interests and big oil with no care in the world for the working class of America. Being called lyin' Ted by Trump and Trump even attacked his wife's looks and vilified his father. As soon as Ted Cruz' donors told him to back Trump, he cowed like a meek wimp and started praising Trump. Ted Cruz is laughable.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:48 PM

1,733 posts, read 953,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What makes Ted Cruz such a tough guy? The guy is just a lackey for special interests and big oil with no care in the world for the working class of America. Being called lyin' Ted by Trump and Trump even attacked his wife's looks and vilified his father. As soon as Ted Cruz' donors told him to back Trump, he cowed like a meek wimp and started praising Trump. Ted Cruz is laughable.

He knows the Constitution like the back of his hand, and has stood for his principles when others backed down, e.g. filibustering Obamacare.

Wrt the rest of your post, I gave my view several pages ago.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:55 PM

53,242 posts, read 34,992,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Beta backed out and that means we are scared? That's some awfully ignorant logic.
that's old gringo 'logic'. or what passes for such

Old 08-29-2018, 07:15 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 4 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,620,494 times
Quote:
So, in your opinion, Congress needs another wuss?

Yessiree! And American culture needs to learn the difference between legitimate manliness and a conduct disorder besides.

Quote:
That hasn't gotten us far, particularly given the U.S. has been cursed with milquetoasts as Presidents the last 20 + years.
You mean the Recession that occurred on Bush's watch - WELL into his second term? And GWB's "muscular" foreign policy includes public verbal trashing of the Kyoto Treaty (Senate defeat is irrelevant), not to mention get us into 8 years of a fruitless war in Iraq? Plus, our economies recovered under 'beta' leaders, not so-called 'manly' ones.

Quote:
Lol, our country has needed to elect someone with a pair for a long time. Anyway, Beto certainly won't add to the testosterone pool anytime soon. He's a bit effeminate (to each his/her own), and we have enough of that in Congress.
We're lucky to have kept our balls as well as we did in Iraq. Even then, we might have lost one of them. Thanks GWB.

Anyway, if it's beta to get single-payer health care (or something of the West European/Canadian type), have at least Australian style gun control, and NOT jumping to conclusions about WMD, and raising minimum fuel efficiency standards, then yes, I am beta. In fact, I'd be embarrassed for myself if anyone considered me an alpha type. Hell I won't go even close to that term to describe any male I like, admire, and respect - even if he were a Navy SEAL or something along those lines.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:16 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,001,051 times
Quote:
He knows the Constitution like the back of his hand, and has stood for his principles when others backed down, e.g. filibustering Obamacare.

How does that make him a tough guy? Which major donor of his got furious because of what he did? If he enrages his big money donors it would at least show some spine.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:21 PM

13,724 posts, read 9,065,743 times
Quote:

Of course you know, being an informed poster, that Senator Cruz did not 'filibuster' anything. Senor Cruz (born in Canada) gave a 'long speech'. Nothing more.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 PM

29,239 posts, read 22,513,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course you know, being an informed poster, that Senator Cruz did not 'filibuster' anything. Senor Cruz (born in Canada) gave a 'long speech'. Nothing more.
Is that what a failed filibuster is called these days?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:06 PM

32,218 posts, read 15,204,899 times
Quote:

That doesn't make him tough. And he hasn't stood for his principles because he has none.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:19 PM

37,827 posts, read 41,161,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08...-friday-texas/

What a spineless douche nozzle Beto is, I guess he got cold feet.
It's odd that he backed out unless he thinks he can only lose the debate or maybe the polls aren't right and he knows it. Is he a lawyer like Cruz? If you recall from the Presidential debates, Ted Cruz, who was supposed to be this great debater, always sounded like he was making a speech on the Senate floor. Marco Rubio did, too.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,511,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's odd that he backed out unless he thinks he can only lose the debate or maybe the polls aren't right and he knows it. Is he a lawyer like Cruz? If you recall from the Presidential debates, Ted Cruz, who was supposed to be this great debater, always sounded like he was making a speech on the Senate floor. Marco Rubio did, too.
No, it is because Cruz won't negotiate. Cruz names the moderators, locations, dates, and debate formats and says take it or leave it to stack the debates in his favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections