Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 12:40 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I agree. But if Trump hadn't been such a big baby, Mark Sanford would still be there & he would have won easily. He would have known his constituents and the correct response with the drilling, etc.

Not going to jump to 2020 yet. So much yet to come.

Look on the bright side...maybe there will be enough Joe Cunninghams to stop the Democrats from going crazy with investigations, etc.
He did run as Democrat light. So will be interesting to see how he votes; will he be independent like he’s claimed he’s going to do. But if he jumps on the crazy train, his political career will be very, very short. Jones in Alabama was like Cunningham and said he would not vote party lines and proceeded to do exactly that. Let’s just say I’m skeptical of these politicians who claim they won’t block vote.

Agree completely Sanford would have skillfully answered the drilling question. He seems to understand the coastal people better. She’s from Dorchester, right? Not far but flat out different mindset there. Would love to be a fly on the wall to see what Sanford is saying right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 12:46 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Scott Walker lost! Alright dems!!!!
Thank god, that dude just wouldn't go. 4th time is the charm.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:07 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Colorado kicked out incumbent Mike Coffman(R) and gave his seat in the House to Democrat Jason Crow. We also elected the first openly gay Governor ever, Democrat Jason Polis. I am so proud of my home state! We want our representative government to be made up of people with integrity and character; rabble rousers and foul mouthed bullies need not apply.

Tonight I am one happy Cowgirl!

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 AM

900 posts, read 375,965 times
Quote:
Republicans got CRUSHED in Nevada
NV CO VA if I'm not very wrong, they can no longer be considered purple states, but lean D or Likey D.

I am happy since Henderson in Clark County -NV will be my future home from next year.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Colorado kicked out incumbent Mike Coffman(R) and gave his seat in the House to Democrat Jason Crow. We also elected the first openly gay Governor ever, Democrat Jason Polis. I am so proud of my home state! We want our representative government to be made up of people with integrity and character; rabble rousers and foul mouthed bullies need not apply.

Tonight I am one happy Cowgirl!
Me too.. we've built this together all . My heart hurts to have to leave this wonderful state, but what comforts me is to know that in Nevada they also did the right thing.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:49 AM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You seriously need to change your name.
You don't have to be a democrat to abhor this smug face ( Walker that is.)

Glad that someone specifically from education dpt took over.
Good for you Wisconsin, congrats)))

Old 11-07-2018, 02:47 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Republicans got CRUSHED in Nevada
You may as well counted the outgoing Republican Governor Sandoval as a Democrat, who presided over the biggest tax increase in Nevada's history.

There should be a separate thread for Ballots only, as Ballots can be more earth-shaking than an election of a candidate.

Samples: UT voted in medical marijuana and Michigan voted in Recreational Marijuana.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:51 AM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times
Democrats couldn't win the supremely multicultural state of Florida.
Not a good sign for Dem in 2020.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Democrats couldn't win the supremely multicultural state of Florida.
Not a good sign for Dem in 2020.
bull****, even because it is possible to win without Florida .... and Democrats did well in 3 states that needed to recover PA WI MI

Old 11-07-2018, 03:06 AM

13,765 posts, read 8,014,399 times
2010 was a Red Wave for the Rep. and the Dems along with the MSM were hoping for a repeat but this time in their favor.

The end results have to be disappointing for the Dems/MSM given it's not the big night they very much wanted.

The Reps? Picking up seats in the Senate is will be extremely in appointing conservative judges across the country.

And if the notorious RBG is forced to step down there is little chance the Dems can stop Amy Barrett from reaching the USSC should she be nominated.

Last edited by john3232; 11-07-2018 at 03:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections