Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 03:15 AM

10,780 posts, read 4,353,901 times

Advertisements

You'd think a President would need to have a HUGE approval rating to gain 4 Senate seats in the midterms.
Trump's rallies were a stroke of genius, easily the smartest campaigner in history.
I'd say Trump would be exhausted now, but he never is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 03:32 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You'd think a President would need to have a HUGE approval rating to gain 4 Senate seats in the midterms.
Trump's rallies were a stroke of genius, easily the smartest campaigner in history.
Trump picking up 4 Senate seats in the mid terms is Yuge...for comparison, Obama moved 9 Senate seats over to Republicans in his mid term....and then still was re-elected 2 years later.

Congrats to the Dims for winning the Congress but to me it just means gridlocked givernment which is an extremely beautiful thing

Old 11-07-2018, 03:32 AM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
Quote:
Democrats took back control of the house they will push impeachment of Trump and kavanaugh aslo they will try to get Trumps taxes released. Now Trump will be a lame duck he can talk all he wants but all his plans will now hit a 50ft thick brick wall he will get nothing passed How is this a big win for Trump I see it as a big defeat for Trump and Republicans

Old 11-07-2018, 03:39 AM

13,765 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Democrats took back control of the house they will push impeachment of Trump and kavanaugh aslo they will try to get Trumps taxes released. Now Trump will be a lame duck he can talk all he wants but all his plans will now hit a 50ft thick brick wall he will get nothing passed How is this a big win for Trump I see it as a big defeat for Trump and Republicans
It's a defeat but not nearly as bad as it would have been had the Rep. lost the Senate.

The border wall? Now Trump can now blame the Dems instead of actually having to build it.

Health care? I'd like to see this finally straightened out.

I voted for Trump mainly to ensure more conservative justices are sent to the higher courts across the country. And it looks like this will continue

Old 11-07-2018, 03:42 AM

13,765 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
The three competitive races that Obama tried to whip up, all lost.

Andrew Gillum, Sen. Bill Nelson, and Stacey Abrams.

Anyone know how many candidates won/lost which Trump visited on the campaign trail?

Old 11-07-2018, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The three competitive races that Obama tried to whip up, all lost.

Andrew Gillum, Sen. Bill Nelson, and Stacey Abrams.

Anyone know how many candidates won/lost which Trump visited on the campaign trail?
I think they all won other than West Virginia, and that's because Democrat Joe Manchin was pro-Kavanaugh.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:11 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
I wonder how many millions of tax dollars Trump spent campaigning. It cost about 200k an hour to run air force one not to mention all the support groups, vehicles, security and so on.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
It's a defeat but not nearly as bad as it would have been had the Rep. lost the Senate.
The Senate was never in doubt. Even Dems said it was a very long shot requiring them to flip seats in deep red areas. So, these results are pretty much what everyone predicted.

Going forward, Florida and five other States will allow ex-cons to vote, and in Florida that will mean 1.5 million new voters, most of them low income and minority, so that could tip the scales there given how close FL elections always are. Even now looks like the FL Senate race seems to be headed for a re-count.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Well I guess many of us predicted the Dems would be cry babies. So, the Gop picking up 4 senate seats and losing the house as most thought they would is a downer for the GOP: how do you figure that? No, Trump and Kavanaugh will not be impeached. The Dems will try though. I think the left would have only been happy had they taken over the entire country. Both sides won last night but actually the GOP probably won bigger, picking up the 4 senators.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Senate was never in doubt. Even Dems said it was a very long shot requiring them to flip seats in deep red areas. So, these results are pretty much what everyone predicted.

Going forward, Florida and five other States will allow ex-cons to vote, and in Florida that will mean 1.5 million new voters, most of them low income and minority, so that could tip the scales there given how close FL elections always are. Even now looks like the FL Senate race seems to be headed for a re-count.
Florida was always considered a dangerous place for Trump in 2016 because of minorities....but people just assume all minorities are anti-Wall.
The reality is, immigrants don't want more gangs entering their communities.
I remember Cubans in Florida were pro-Trump in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections