Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:25 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, and the white racists will be voting for McCain and his drug addicted beer heiress thief of a wife. I have confidence the majority of Americans will not be judging a man by his color.
what's worse, a drug addict, or a greed and power addict?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM

524 posts, read 839,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
...I can't speak for white people but I know that when a black person becomes successful your family, your friends, your community starts to put an extreme amount of pressure on you to "pay back the community".
Not to worry. Revs Al & Jesse take care of that in the white community.

Quote:
If you decide to put your money elsewhere, like a national charity that's not focused on black people than you're a sell-out and you've forgotten where you come from.
I believe that's called racism, actually:

rac·ism Audio Help (rā'sĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key (broken link)
n.
  1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
  2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Spin spin spin...

Sorry but the Obama fanatics will NEVER admit there is anything wrong with their savior...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Not to worry. Revs Al & Jesse take care of that in the white community
A joke ha-ha-ha

Quote:

n.
  1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
I guess you just choose to miss the point, which means I can't really have a conversation with you because you only want to talk about what you want to talk about.

But I will say this and I don't care who disagrees: I feel black people are more predudiced against other black people then any other race. So her being racist really isn't that big of a deal. We all are.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:35 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
“There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the white community, I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. “

Is it 'racist' now???
Good point.
So sad to see the double standard in the US. Fun to interchange the words "black" and "white".....what is somehow racist when "white" is used is magically not racist when the word "black" is used.

Racist and racism know no color.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:44 AM

544 posts, read 1,058,620 times
Quote:
Not to worry. Revs Al & Jesse take care of that in the white community.

n.
What a ignorgant post. Yes, it racism but what does that have to do with Michelle Obama. If you cared to exercise your reading skills you will realize that what the poster was trying to convey is that Michelle's comments are very much true in the black community.

People like Magic Johnson, Denzel Washington, Will Smith had to give back to their communites otherwise black people would have blackballed them Do you realize how much flack Oprah caught when she chose to build a school in Africa instead of the Chicago prohects from black people? They didn't care about her reasons, they were only concerned that she was giving money away and we weren't getting any.

"There was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the black community, I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. “

I stand behind this statement 100% It's very sad that the black community feels that anyone is obligated to give them anything, rather it be time or money. There have been many successful people who have wasted their lives and money trying to appease to black people; so I say kudos to Michelle for having the balls to say "you ain't getting none of my money". Maybe if more of us started acting like we had common sense instead of being afraid of being called a sell-out; the lowest on the totem poles would look elsewhere for an handout or figure out how to become successful themselves.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good point.
So sad to see the double standard in the US. Fun to interchange the words "black" and "white".....what is somehow racist when "white" is used is magically not racist when the word "black" is used.

Racist and racism know no color.
Because it doesn't work the same way.
If I wear a t-shirt that says "black pride" it may get noticed but people will just assume I'm proud to be black. Or Asian. Or Jewish. Or Italian.

However, if I put on a shirt that says "white pride" it gets noticed for a different reason. You don't see "voters in the white community" or "an all white cast" "white appreciation month" "white awareness parade"

It's sad, but white people aren't allowed to celebrate being white....

It may not be right, but that's the way it is. And unless you are able to magically change the perception of white pride it will always be that way.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:56 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Ummm, how about black people stop wearing such T-shirts or having such sentiments IF they think the opposite is wrong?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Because it doesn't work the same way.
If I wear a t-shirt that says "black pride" it may get noticed but people will just assume I'm proud to be black. Or Asian. Or Jewish. Or Italian.

However, if I put on a shirt that says "white pride" it gets noticed for a different reason. You don't see "voters in the white community" or "an all white cast" "white appreciation month" "white awareness parade"

It may not be right, but that's the way it is. And unless you are able to magically change the perception of white pride it will always be that way.
What an ignorant post. You just gave a pass to black racism, but the average American does not.

If someone can have "black pride" then someone can have "white pride".

You're stating there is a perception of white pride and that makes it unacceptable. This is a racist remark from you, as you are denying whites something based on their skin color. That my friend is racism!!!

The double standard in the US has grown old and tired and many are calling it for what it is. It's days are numbered.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:04 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,392 times
Sorry but the Obama fanatics will NEVER admit there is anything wrong with their savior...[/quote]

NOPE! Obama supporters would agree on that statement!
OH HAIL OBAMA! HAHAHA! Grampie McCain, well that's another story entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections