Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Exactly, and how she governs her home is VERY important. She clearly doesn't have a handle on her family, and did not know what her child was doing.

She had a choice, but I bet her mother suddenly wanted to have input into her life choices.
Just curious, what are your thoughts on the Kennedy family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,862,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Let me repeat.

Obama wasn't exactly effective at controlling his mother as an unfertilized egg. Sarah as a parent has much more control and responsibility for her daughter. But, of course, she had a state to run while daughter was makin' bacon.
So....what you are saying is that Obama's grandma, the one who worked her way up to bank vp, had responsibility for Stanley Ann and did a miserable job?

You libs. All for "women's equal rights". What a load.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:19 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,862,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I repped him for ya.

I like what he said. Most of us are not bashing the girl, we bash the Gov, but not the girl. In fact, both Bristol AND her baby are fine by me. What the fundies refuse to understand, or even to acknowledge, is the basic human yearning to love and be loved. It's human. Bristol was only being human. But to the fundies, such expressions of LOVE are a 4 letter word. I can't believe the girl got pregnant on purpose, but we'll never know, and don't need to.

What is wrong with Gov Palin at this point is the hypocritical nonsense of the evangelical extremists who want "abstinence" to be the ONLY thing taught to OUR kids, in OUR public schools, even though it does not work and never will.
Well, SURPRISE! Guess who the "fundies" are going to vote for? Hint: Not baby killing advocate Barry.

Because the "fundies" want abstinence taught in the schools does not make them hypocrites. These are the same people that welcome the babies once they are in the picture.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,782,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Lest we forget obama's own origins?
What do Obama's origins have to do with any of this?

None of us have control over our parents actions; and definitely not over how we were conceived.

Yet we do have a responsibility towards how are children behave; especially when they are minors living in our own households!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well, SURPRISE! Guess who the "fundies" are going to vote for? Hint: Not baby killing advocate Barry.

Because the "fundies" want abstinence taught in the schools does not make them hypocrites. These are the same people that welcome the babies once they are in the picture.
I'll save my knitting needles just in case!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin was too busy with her own agenda to watch what her daugher was doing. She never had the good old birth control talk, or better yet the abstinence speech. Typical Repugnant ways. Disgusting.

and someone who calls herself BARBIE
is making this kind of a statement
LOL
good grief
F U N N Y

Old 09-01-2008, 06:48 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,285,751 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin was too busy with her own agenda to watch what her daugher was doing. She never had the good old birth control talk, or better yet the abstinence speech. Typical Repugnant ways. Disgusting.
And you know this how? Could we all be as perfect as you? What is repugnant is that someone would make a comment like this.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I repped him for ya.

I like what he said. Most of us are not bashing the girl, we bash the Gov, but not the girl. In fact, both Bristol AND her baby are fine by me. What the fundies refuse to understand, or even to acknowledge, is the basic human yearning to love and be loved. It's human. Bristol was only being human. But to the fundies, such expressions of LOVE are a 4 letter word. I can't believe the girl got pregnant on purpose, but we'll never know, and don't need to.

What is wrong with Gov Palin at this point is the hypocritical nonsense of the evangelical extremists who want "abstinence" to be the ONLY thing taught to OUR kids, in OUR public schools, even though it does not work and never will.

lol Carter County, and other impoverished counties in Tennessee has a VERY high percentage of 14-18 year olds who drop out of high school when they get pregnant-they are all taught abstinence in school, or "home-schooled''. Then they receive public funding and go on welfare when they have the kid.

lol Apparently, it doesnt work.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:56 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,679,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol Carter County, and other impoverished counties in Tennessee has a VERY high percentage of 14-18 year olds who drop out of high school when they get pregnant-they are all taught abstinence in school, or "home-schooled''. Then they receive public funding and go on welfare when they have the kid.

lol Apparently, it doesnt work.
Problem is, "stop and put a condom on" doesn't *work* either. Look at all the public school kids in America's inner cities where there is a VERY hig percentage of 14-18 year olds who drop out of high school when they get pregnant-they are all taught use a condom in school, or "public school''. Then they receive public funding and go on welfare when they have the kid.

Am I the only one with the guts to say it takes perhaps teaching a mix of both but most importantly it takes teaching teens to respect their bodies and understand their decisions have long term consequences? And that after all the teaching, love and guidance understand that 17 year olds will still make stupid choices and we can only hope when they do it doesn't involve something like a pregnancy, drunk driving accident, etc.?

And regardless, there's certainly nothing funny about the situation. "LOL" has no place in this discussion.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM

646 posts, read 1,640,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Problem is, "stop and put a condom on" doesn't *work* either. Look at all the public school kids in America's inner cities where there is a VERY hig percentage of 14-18 year olds who drop out of high school when they get pregnant-they are all taught use a condom in school, or "public school''. Then they receive public funding and go on welfare when they have the kid.

Am I the only one with the guts to say it takes perhaps teaching a mix of both but most importantly it takes teaching teens to respect their bodies and understand their decisions have long term consequences? And that after all the teaching, love and guidance understand that 17 year olds will still make stupid choices and we can only hope when they do it doesn't involve something like a pregnancy, drunk driving accident, etc.?

And regardless, there's certainly nothing funny about the situation. "LOL" has no place in this discussion.

The fact is with the proper sex education teen pregnancy goes down. With abstinence only education, teen pregnancy goes up as well as sexually transmitted disease, etc etc. Palin is a hypocrite for supporting abstinence only and not admitting its failure to help our kids. Its people like her that are bad for America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections