Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
He's got connections. . . a brother in Africa living in a hut.
Is that your attempt at satirical banter on 'Hollywood Obama'? I suppose in relative terms, that would mean you have a connection to a tadpole in Sril Lanka under a rock.

You know just to add to this thread... I think Obama emboldens the populace with his 'lack of official experience' in Foreign Policy. I mean... how long have we, the regular Americans been saying that Bush is a total idiot for doing this or that (and rightfully so)? How much quote/unquote Foreign Policy Experience do we have? I think it goes w/o saying that a great many people in this country don't feel the same about 'Foreign Policy Experience' any more.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 09-13-2008 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,287 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008 for real Change

Do you even know what your saying? State your facts. What did obama do to get where he is? What did he ever run & when? Come on and tell us! Are you just voting for obama by his lame word " Change "? By the way look back in history all politicians have been saying a new change is coming in every race. So this change speech isnt anything new!

But how could you act like Palin has no experience when she blows obama himself away on experience? Her experience ( Palin ) is much stronger then obamas! She was a real Mayor! Was obama? NO! She Palin has been a real Governor. has obama? NO! She ( Palin ) ran, and was in Charge of the Alaska National guard! Was obama ever in charge of any military? Not even the boy scouts! So that answer is also NO! Also wasnt it Palin who was strong and tough enough to turn in the crooked Chairman of her own party? Did obama ever show that strength? NO!

Wasnt it obama who said the surge failed? But of course he later changed his mind!

She Palin also beat that dem in the Alaska general election!

Now please respond in this post and tell us what has obama done? Dont tell us what he plans to do! Just tell us what he has done? Like did he ever run anything? Maybe he ran his own business? Oh wait , he didnt do that either! But did you know that Palin ran her own business? Besides talk and write what did obama ever do? Anybody can talk the talk! But obama never walked the walk. Big difference you know!

Instead of wasting time calling McCain or Palin names. Just be polite and tell us what obama ever ran that meant anything!

Thanks

Just be wise and vote where the real experience is! Want a real positive change?

If so, Vote :

McCain/Palin 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Kind of like Palin, your next President when McCain passes on. So why do you knock what you like to hit?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:58 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,483 times
I'm as stumped about what Obama has done as i am about what McCain has done. No... McCain had a failed immigration bill. McCain backed Bush in the Iraq war. Otherwise they are both identical in experience.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
If you break it down and look at what foreign policy actually means.

"The diplomatic policy of a nation in its interactions with other nations."

It does not really lend itself to all sorts of government jobs....as a matter of fact there are only a few positions that actually would give you foreign policy experience so most likely they are counting on experts in the field so it will be a decision of who is feeding them the info they are spreading.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,274 times
Thumbs down Not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Do you even know what your saying? State your facts. What did obama do to get where he is? What did he ever run & when? Come on and tell us! Are you just voting for obama by his lame word " Change "? By the way look back in history all politicians have been saying a new change is coming in every race. So this change speech isnt anything new!

But how could you act like Palin has no experience when she blows obama himself away on experience? Her experience ( Palin ) is much stronger then obamas! She was a real Mayor! Was obama? NO! She Palin has been a real Governor. has obama? NO! She ( Palin ) ran, and was in Charge of the Alaska National guard! Was obama ever in charge of any military? Not even the boy scouts! So that answer is also NO! Also wasnt it Palin who was strong and tough enough to turn in the crooked Chairman of her own party? Did obama ever show that strength? NO!

Wasnt it obama who said the surge failed? But of course he later changed his mind!

She Palin also beat that dem in the Alaska general election!

Now please respond in this post and tell us what has obama done? Dont tell us what he plans to do! Just tell us what he has done? Like did he ever run anything? Maybe he ran his own business? Oh wait , he didnt do that either! But did you know that Palin ran her own business? Besides talk and write what did obama ever do? Anybody can talk the talk! But obama never walked the walk. Big difference you know!

Instead of wasting time calling McCain or Palin names. Just be polite and tell us what obama ever ran that meant anything!

Thanks

Just be wise and vote where the real experience is! Want a real positive change?

If so, Vote :

McCain/Palin 2008
LOL You rhetoric accentuates my point. I don't care about 'experience', and obviously neither does the majority of Americans who seem to validate this, in that Obama and Palin are both getting a lot of media attention, and neither has the 'experience' that McCain has. Don't take my word for it. Listen to the horse's mouth. McCain has even said inadvertently that she lacks experience. See here:

YouTube - McCain: Mayors, Govs Don't Have Nat'l Security Experience

But yes, to answer your questions, 800 and some odd posts later [by me], all I see is *change* in the headlights. No way. I've already lamented the only truly GREAT change would be Ron Paul as president. These two are just varying degrees of sh1t.

But please, get real with Palin dude... she's a wash. She was a mayor of Timbuktu population: null, where she graciously accepted earmarks that she now reneges on and actually pretends to be against them. Don't shortchange yourself. You or I could have done that job, hands down.

She is a Governor of a state (that many would probably forget was even a state w/o double checking the map) with the population of a mere mid sized city (i.e. 1st real mayor position figuratively speaking) spread across thousands of miles for less than two years, a far cry from leader (or vice leader) of the entire country. Obama has a lengthy voting record in the United States Senate (though not by any means as lengthy as McCain), as well as numerous accomplishments at Harvard (note: not a Diploma Mill like some other candidates ); and tenure as a Con Law Professor and Community Organizer in Chicago (you know... that worthless type of job for a city with more people living in it than a certain state). His record has been posted innumerable times here in vivid detail, and is certainly, at the very least... commensurate with her varying (but all too similar) roles.

But this discontinuity is not what bothers me despite you hammering on experience for a candidate that has virtually none to be POTUS. What bothers me is her stance on abortion, geo-politics, and education, in that order... despite the family issues, dispute with brother in law (and that annoying conversation I listened between her annoying aid and the Police Dept), etc..

She wants a rape/incest victim to be forced to have their baby; she wants to teach creationism in school (a fairy tale to replace Science curriculum for a country that is lacking in Engineers), and would like to take a hard line stance against Russia and Iran. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Whether or not the surge is winning is irrelevant, and this has also been avidly discussed here at great length (to which I was a participant and posted numerous statistics to show the surge is meaningless w/o looking at the larger picture).

She wasn't really in charge of the National Guard, the National Government was.

What I find particularly ironic in your diatribe is that you haven't mentioned anything that Palin has actually done, but positions she's held (and that in and of itself is not very noteworthy to me or a great many people apparently).

No worries, even McCain can't come up with anything with his dozens of analysts and campaign supporters so I wouldn't expect anything from you. See his response when hit with the hard questions:

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.a...ject=850878100

See... just like you. She was a 'Mayor and a Governor'. Whoopty doo... Giulani was the mayor of NYC and I wouldn't trust that street grease oppurtunist to pump gas in my car (w/o siphoning it that is).

Back to the original point, my resume may say Project Manager, but I guess I'd better put something below that title to substantiate it or I'm going to look kind of stupid. Precisely what's happening with the GOP ticket right now. They forgot to read the full resume so as to make up for their haste, so they embellish, lie, and fabricate; and use things like the 'Bridge to Nowhere' as her greatest accomplishment as a reformer, yet FACTs show that it is the greatest example of the exact opposite. She kept that earmark $$ and didn't even build the damn bridge! Now, it's basically boiled down to such trivial things like, she sold her jet (AT A LOSS!) and fired a cook... WOW! Is that what the POTUS boils down to for you? A lousy eBayer and someone that will save us a nickel by firing the W.H. Chef?! Congrats.

Nice try (but not really).

Last edited by tekka-maki; 09-13-2008 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 03:44 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Other than having a name that resonates with Europeans and Africans, what foreign policy expertise can Obama claim? Anyone.....?
Well after 8yrs of the neo-con/Bush foreign policy doctrine, I think a chimp could come up with a better foreign policy! So I think it's not as big an issue as the neo-cons/McCain supporters want to make it. You can't possibly get any worse than Bush, McCain has tied himself to the Bush doctrine, and that freak Palin is talking about war with Russia!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Foreign Policy Brain Trusts: Obama's Advisers - Council on Foreign Relations

Old 09-14-2008, 08:04 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,287 times
Default mcCain/Palin 2008 for real Change

Nice Try, but see told ya i was right!! obama = no experience, so funny how the GOP VP blows obama away!!

Later --End of thread!!

McCain/Palin for a better tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
LOL You rhetoric accentuates my point. I don't care about 'experience', and obviously neither does the majority of Americans who seem to validate this, in that Obama and Palin are both getting a lot of media attention, and neither has the 'experience' that McCain has. Don't take my word for it. Listen to the horse's mouth. McCain has even said inadvertently that she lacks experience. See here:

YouTube - McCain: Mayors, Govs Don't Have Nat'l Security Experience

But yes, to answer your questions, 800 and some odd posts later [by me], all I see is *change* in the headlights. No way. I've already lamented the only truly GREAT change would be Ron Paul as president. These two are just varying degrees of sh1t.

But please, get real with Palin dude... she's a wash. She was a mayor of Timbuktu population: null, where she graciously accepted earmarks that she now reneges on and actually pretends to be against them. Don't shortchange yourself. You or I could have done that job, hands down.

She is a Governor of a state (that many would probably forget was even a state w/o double checking the map) with the population of a mere mid sized city (i.e. 1st real mayor position figuratively speaking) spread across thousands of miles for less than two years, a far cry from leader (or vice leader) of the entire country. Obama has a lengthy voting record in the United States Senate (though not by any means as lengthy as McCain), as well as numerous accomplishments at Harvard (note: not a Diploma Mill like some other candidates ); and tenure as a Con Law Professor and Community Organizer in Chicago (you know... that worthless type of job for a city with more people living in it than a certain state). His record has been posted innumerable times here in vivid detail, and is certainly, at the very least... commensurate with her varying (but all too similar) roles.

But this discontinuity is not what bothers me despite you hammering on experience for a candidate that has virtually none to be POTUS. What bothers me is her stance on abortion, geo-politics, and education, in that order... despite the family issues, dispute with brother in law (and that annoying conversation I listened between her annoying aid and the Police Dept), etc..

She wants a rape/incest victim to be forced to have their baby; she wants to teach creationism in school (a fairy tale to replace Science curriculum for a country that is lacking in Engineers), and would like to take a hard line stance against Russia and Iran. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Whether or not the surge is winning is irrelevant, and this has also been avidly discussed here at great length (to which I was a participant and posted numerous statistics to show the surge is meaningless w/o looking at the larger picture).

She wasn't really in charge of the National Guard, the National Government was.

What I find particularly ironic in your diatribe is that you haven't mentioned anything that Palin has actually done, but positions she's held (and that in and of itself is not very noteworthy to me or a great many people apparently).

No worries, even McCain can't come up with anything with his dozens of analysts and campaign supporters so I wouldn't expect anything from you. See his response when hit with the hard questions:

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.a...ject=850878100

See... just like you. She was a 'Mayor and a Governor'. Whoopty doo... Giulani was the mayor of NYC and I wouldn't trust that street grease oppurtunist to pump gas in my car (w/o siphoning it that is).

Back to the original point, my resume may say Project Manager, but I guess I'd better put something below that title to substantiate it or I'm going to look kind of stupid. Precisely what's happening with the GOP ticket right now. They forgot to read the full resume so as to make up for their haste, so they embellish, lie, and fabricate; and use things like the 'Bridge to Nowhere' as her greatest accomplishment as a reformer, yet FACTs show that it is the greatest example of the exact opposite. She kept that earmark $$ and didn't even build the damn bridge! Now, it's basically boiled down to such trivial things like, she sold her jet (AT A LOSS!) and fired a cook... WOW! Is that what the POTUS boils down to for you? A lousy eBayer and someone that will save us a nickel by firing the W.H. Chef?! Congrats.

Nice try (but not really).

Old 09-14-2008, 08:06 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Other than having a name that resonates with Europeans and Africans, what foreign policy expertise can Obama claim? Anyone.....?
Biden, other than that he has none.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:18 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,579 times
I know, I know let me have this one.

Obama suggested that the UN jump in and stop Russia from invading Georgia, then 2 days later he found that Russia has veto power.

That is credentials, he has no clue to anything and has been wrong on every single issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections