Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:24 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How on the H... could he have won the nominee if he can't win!!!!
Winning the nomination within his party is different than winning the whole of the country. I don't care for the racism issue continuing to come up but there is no denying it exists either. Winning his party is not an indication otherwise not to mention...to be blunt, the parties shifted dramatically when the civil rights movement began. A lot of blue people went red due to it - you can look all that up btw. Have they gotten over that racism? Hard to say.

Beyond that, blacks who are the ones that experience racism far more than whites like to look at have a right to be worried on that score. I don't think any white person can accurately judge how much racism goes on. There was an interesting show last year whose name I cannot recall. What they did was put a black family and white family together to explore the issue of racism. The white family didn't see the racism existing at all. Later when they put the white man in make up to make him appear black he still had trouble noticing when people were moving to the other side of the street as he walked by until it was pointed out but even then he doubted what had happened.

The converse is they put the black father in white makeup then sent him in to be on this all white panel, closed room panel. Blacks were brought up in the discussion and since there were no black people in the room, so they thought, the comments were let fly. It wasn't pretty. Some were subtle, some were overt.

Regardless though, given the history in America I can see why they are worried whether I agree with worrying or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
...to be blunt, the parties shifted dramatically when the civil rights movement began. A lot of blue people went red due to it - you can look all that up btw.
The Democrats' Missing History - WSJ.com

Old 09-23-2008, 09:32 AM

281 posts, read 380,971 times
I for one, feel that if he is not elected, one of the reasons, will be, and here goes that word......RACISM..

On another thread yesterday the issue of racism/slavery came up, and someone tried to compare that to white women not being able to vote during that time.

Now on this thread someone wants to compare racism to ageism, as obstacles that will be faced by Obama and McCain. It's like comparing oil to water. If Obama, only had to worry about his age, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Many will prefer McCain only because of his race, and not because of what he proposes to do for the common people.

And just to imagine , if something were to happen to McCain, due to his age and medical history, Palin will be our president....this will be a nightmare.

To say that blacks feel that racism will be the reason he is not elected is such a general statement, unless you communicate with a large population of black people regularly, which I highly doubt.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Bentlebee is an expert on Black people he obsessively posts about 20 times a day on this forum about Black people so that makes him an expert.
That's about the limit of his experience.
Shucks, you mean he's to blacks as Dumbo is to politics?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
I for one, feel that if he is not elected, one of the reasons, will be, and here goes that word......RACISM..

And due to black RACISM (love the cap key) we get Dumbo instead of Hitlery who actually had a shot, THANKS!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,646,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Shucks, you mean he's to blacks as Dumbo is to politics?
He is to blacks like you are to the navy

Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
He is to blacks like you are to the navy
Collecting a check, makes sense. Does Dumbo get his before or after Jesse and Fat Albert?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
There's no Present Vote in the US Senate. Do you understand how the US Government works?
No walidm, bentlebee does NOT understand how the government works because she is not American and I believe she is an illegal immigrant here. She is a race baiter who makes things up about black people and yet doesn't even belong in this country. Ignore this B! She is a troll who is injecting herself into our politics when she doesn't even belong here. I believe she's a NAZI from her posts.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:

On another thread yesterday the issue of racism/slavery came up, and someone tried to compare that to white women not being able to vote during that time.

Now on this thread someone wants to compare racism to ageism, as obstacles that will be faced by Obama and McCain. It's like comparing oil to water. If Obama, only had to worry about his age, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Many will prefer McCain only because of his race, and not because of what he proposes to do for the common people.

And just to imagine , if something were to happen to McCain, due to his age and medical history, Palin will be our president....this will be a nightmare.

To say that blacks feel that racism will be the reason he is not elected is such a general statement, unless you communicate with a large population of black people regularly, which I highly doubt.
I didn't mean to compare racism with ageism - I was just saying that those things might be said if one or the other doesn't get elected - not that they are equal "issues".

Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:

So is that sexism?

How about sexist ageism? Is that worse than racism? Equal? No where close?

When can we go back to being human and stop with the idea we should all be exactly the same? I don't know about anyone else but I would hate it if I had to deal with myself all day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections