Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:24 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times

Advertisements

This may be shocking to many but mostly ALL people break under torture.
In fact, most people end up telling lies just to get it to stop.
In no way are they to be blamed or discredited for this.

I think it is smart, in that situation, to just tell them anything they want to know.

The people with the REAL info, that the enemy would REALLY want, are usually sitting behind the lines or in the Pentagon or Washington.

There is totally no disgrace in avoiding pain.
It is dumb and ignorant to think otherwise.
Heroics in torture is usually a thing of Hollywood stories, inspiring, a thing that will make young men want to to out and prove themselves and a thing that will inspire us to dehumanize and want to kill the 'enemy'.
I find no disgrace in it, neither do I think it is an honorable thing to parade it in front of people, knowing that they are somehow deluded into thinking you did not break under such pressure - using it as a nifty way to open doors and hearts for you - manipulating. Much of his campaign seems predicated on his war record. Times have changed and I think he should get over it or get help in doing so. I want to see his full health record. He never has shown us that. Only to a handfull of people for a few minutes who were not allowed to take notes or pictures or make phone calls. I am seriously offended at that.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
Hey freefall,
Have you ever even been in the millitary?
Have you been captured and tortured for years?
If the answer is no to either question, then you have no right to question anyone who has served their country or been tortured by a ruthless enemy.
But you should already know that since you sound like one of those people who are convinced they are 100% perfect in their own unchallenged mind.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Someone said McCain spilled his guts to the enemy when he was captured. True? If yes, why isnt he in jail as a traitor?
Someone said you were an idiot, I'm not an argumentative person.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:44 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Ok, he broke so why is he playing it up like hes a big bad war hero. He should just shut up. He is nothing but Cindys boy toy and you have to wonder about her taste.
You've never suffered at the hands of someone virtually omnipotent, have you? It gives you a sense of empathy that few people can understand because when you hear about their suffering, it reminds you of your own. John McCain suffered. When given the option to escape his suffering, because he recognized that others would suffer in his place, he chose to endure it.

That's courage. We should all pray to God that we could face what he did like men.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Hey freefall,
Have you ever even been in the millitary?
Have you been captured and tortured for years?
If the answer is no to either question, then you have no right to question anyone who has served their country or been tortured by a ruthless enemy.
Yes he/she does. In fact, it's an obligation as an American. Military service and/or torture doesn't make you above question. Grow up.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:47 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
This is pointless. How about focusing on how John McCain hasn't spilled his guts, so to speak, about this "change" he's supposed to bring to Washington (i.e. how his policies are not going to be a continuation of Bush's).

Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
And who was that someone? You?

No one should ever have to answer to accusations unless the name of the person accusing is reveiled. If the source cannot be named, it is usually just made up to cause trouble.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Someone said McCain spilled his guts to the enemy when he was captured. True? If yes, why isnt he in jail as a traitor?
I don't know. Why don't you ask your mummy and daddy to explain the Code of Conduct to you? Then maybe you'll answer your own question. Wow, what a concept.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,804,383 times
More slander and smear, wake up people!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Yes he/she does. In fact, it's an obligation as an American. Military service and/or torture doesn't make you above question. Grow up.
You are entitled to your opinion and I agree that "military service and/or torture doesn't make you above guestion". But unless you've been there/done that, or are in a position of authority to evaluate the particular evidence in a given situation to make a judgment, then you have no right to judge anybody.
As far as the "grow up part", I did that many years ago.
Hopefully, someday you will too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections