Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Not only that, but all of his injuries were the result of being shot down. They nursed him back to health so he could talk and be used as leverage.
Yeah, he got great medical care. What exactly is your source for this, Gutter-Trash Weekly?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yeah, he got great medical care. What exactly is your source for this, Gutter-Trash Weekly?

I think some consider the beatings-torture that Mccain received for YEARS as medical care.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I think some consider the beatings-torture that Mccain received for YEARS as medical care.
I can understand the mistake. I guess it's a matter of perception.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,928 times
I didn't think this topic was worth weighing in on and I haven't read all the posts - all I have to say is that before anyone criticizes what McCain may or may not have done while he was a POW they need to go through the exact same hell that he did. Until you have done that - you have NO RIGHT to question anything he did.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
... you have NO RIGHT to question anything he did.
Yes they do. It'd be more accurate for you to say "I don't think you should judge if you don't have any experience with a given situation."

If people don't judge, it makes them easy to be manipulated... After all, if you're not a Wall St. banker, how can you judge them for taking a golden parachute?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:16 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Yes they do. It'd be more accurate for you to say "I don't think you should judge if you don't have any experience with a given situation."

If people don't judge, it makes them easy to be manipulated... After all, if you're not a Wall St. banker, how can you judge them for taking a golden parachute?
This isn't about Wall Street and judging people in general. Come talk to me after you have been in a POW camp for 5 years.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:17 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,115 times
If had had gotten here earlier I would have screamed "LET'S NOT GO THERE!" what McCain did or didn't do while held captive is of zero importance to who will make the best president!

So, let's drop this.

Obama/Biden '08!!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
This isn't about Wall Street and judging people in general. Come talk to me after you have been in a POW camp for 5 years.
Shouldn't it be "Come talk to me after you've had a long family history of high-ranking military leadership and piloted a plane that was shot down... " and on and on?

What you're saying is silly. It's only meant to suppress opinions contrary to your own without any regard to reason.

I don't agree with the OP, but I think your desire to manipulatively suppress the opinions of others is worse. Idiots can be challenged. Manipulators seek to suppress challenge. That's worse.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Shouldn't it be "Come talk to me after you've had a long family history of high-ranking military leadership and piloted a plane that was shot down... " and on and on?

What you're saying is silly. It's only meant to suppress opinions contrary to your own without any regard to reason.

I don't agree with the OP, but I think your desire to manipulatively suppress the opinions of others is worse. Idiots can be challenged. Manipulators seek to suppress challenge. That's worse.
This isn't simply an opinion. It's a twist of facts to damage a man that served with honor.

The talk about rights as you discussed is a legal context, and you're correct that the OP has the right. This is more about it simply being tasteless. I don't think rightofcenter really seeks to suppress the OP's opinion, but to say that it's tasteless and social standards of behavior would suggest keeping it to yourself.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This isn't simply an opinion. It's a twist of facts to damage a man that served with honor.
Then, rather than suppression, effort should be made to straighten the facts.

Quote:
The talk about rights as you discussed is a legal context, and you're correct that the OP has the right. This is more about it simply being tasteless. I don't think rightofcenter really seeks to suppress the OP's opinion, but to say that it's tasteless and social standards of behavior would suggest keeping it to yourself.
My talk of rights, like the other poster, is intended philosophical, not legal.

If your perception of ROC's position is accurate, as I believe it is, ROC should express his intentions more clearly if he/she wishes not to be challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections