Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 1st Presidential Debate
McCain 124 32.04%
Obama 194 50.13%
It was a tie 69 17.83%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,562,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Very respectable. Blame everyone for your shortcomings....how's that working out for you?
I think it is past your bed time so run-along-to-bed now....nighty nighty.
Children can be so cranky and pouty.
Very respectable. making up lies as you go along, must be the McBush diaper effect rubbing off on you?
I think its time you stay off it ... nighty nighty.
Diaper inhaling junkies can be so clueless, especially when they used McBush branded ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 12:59 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,768,301 times
VOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BlAK mAAGIC

Old 09-27-2008, 12:59 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,260,352 times
someone needs to take that off. ridiculous

Old 09-27-2008, 01:00 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,945,769 times
McLame seemed tense up there. Did someone forget to change his Depends again? Or did he forget to take his morning dose of laxatives?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 AM

I think both candidates were "tensed up" the first 10 minutes or so.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 AM

835 posts, read 1,323,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Can't find a rebuttal I see.
I see the nutjobs and McBush-ites can dish it out but can't take it. Pathetic.
And they are too dumb to see republicans are the ones racketing up the bills, creating a war welfare system for war profiteers and miltary, and handout jobs for war-related industries.
Talk about welfare, McBush receive 84million in welfare for his campaign. Pathetic like his supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by person
Very respectable. making up lies as you go along, must be the McBush diaper effect rubbing off on you?
I think its time you stay off it ... nighty nighty.
Diaper inhaling junkies can be so clueless, especially when they used McBush branded ones.
How very ignorant you are. Keep up the insults you only look foolish and lose credibility...maybe when you grow-up and move out of daddy's house you'll get it. I am assuming you can read big words and not just picture books. If picture books are all that you can handle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oH--o

Here's a little light reading for you....you may want to read up on the Keynesian Theory of Finance as well and the devastation it did to Europe as the left is now trying to institute it here....the Republicans have blocked it however. Once you have educated yourself on the facts we can talk...I discuss facts not opinion....if you have no facts then ZIP IT and nighty nighty it is time for the adults to talk.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Why Obama's "Community Organizer" Days Are a Joke
Inside Obama’s Acorn by Stanley Kurtz on National Review Online

Quote:
"The mortgage industry intends to pursue minorities with greater intensity as federal regulators turn up the heat to increase home ownership," Glenn said in his remarks at the annual convention of the Mortgage Banker Association of America."The federal government in the meantime has increased pressure on lenders to seek out minorities, as well as low-income groups and borrowers with poor credit histories," Glenn said. "Fannie Mae recently reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to commit half its business to low- and moderate-income borrowers. That means half the mortgages bought by Fannie Mae would be from those income brackets."In that same year, Freddie Mac warned of the logical pitfalls of pursuing loans on the basis of skin color and not credit history. The Washington Post reported that the company conducted a study in which it was found that far more black people have bad credit than white people, even when both have the same incomes. In fact, the study showed a higher percentage of African Americans with incomes of $65,000 to $75,000 had bad credit than white Americans with incomes of below $25,000. The study, however, came under brutal attack in the U.S. Congress and was ridiculed with charges of racism. A few years later, when Greg Mankiw, chairman of President Bush's Council of Economic Advisers, voiced a warning about weakened underwriting standards, Congress rebuffed him as well. The Wall Street Journal quoted Congressman Barney Frank, D-Mass., in 2003 as criticizing Greg Mankiw "because he is worried about the tiny little matter of safety and soundness rather than 'concern about housing.'"
Bloomberg.com: News
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F9582 60&scp=1&sq=&st=nyt - broken link)
Guess again who's to blame for U.S. mortgage meltdown

Old 09-27-2008, 01:06 AM

The American tax system is Keynesian-based.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:09 AM

835 posts, read 1,323,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
The American tax system is Keynesian-based.
No it is not.
It never has been.
You need to look up Keynesian and get a better understanding.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,562,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Here's a little light reading for you....you may want to read up on the Keynesian Theory of Finance as well and the devastation it did to Europe as the left is now trying to institute it here....the Republicans have blocked it however. Once you have educated yourself on the facts we can talk...I discuss facts not opinion....if you have no facts then ZIP IT and nighty nighty it is time for the adults to talk.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Why Obama's "Community Organizer" Days Are a Joke
Inside Obama’s Acorn by Stanley Kurtz on National Review Online

Bloomberg.com: News
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE7DB153EF933A0575AC0A96F9582 60&scp=1&sq=&st=nyt - broken link)
Guess again who's to blame for U.S. mortgage meltdown
I think you better read up on the fact that there is more than one type of Keynesianism. Bush and republicans' foreign policies of the last 7 years have ALREADY instated what is known as military Keynesianism. And you know which axis of evil country in history also followed that path? I will let you find out. With McBush's fear mongering of foreign policies, you can sure he will continue down Bush's disastrous foreign policies and go all out with military Keynesianism and to the path of destruction.

PS. 'ZIP IT','nighty nighty'? I find it funny you want to ethreaten me to go away. Its sad and pathetic how ppl will try and be ethugs online when they know they are protected by distance of the internet. Very pathetic. I am still here, what are you going to do about it?

Last edited by person; 09-27-2008 at 01:19 AM..

Old 09-27-2008, 01:12 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,084,600 times
Default America's one-party system

Who won? What does it matter with a one-party system?? My first thought in watching the so called "debates" was, "where is everyone?" There are SEVERAL candidates running for president, yet the only two who ever get any attention are those running for the one-party system. It's gone way beyond suspicion for me that the third parties get absolutely ZERO media coverage. IMO, other than the super rich or corporate entities, a vote for McObama is a WASTED VOTE. For anyone who is poor, working or middle class, a vote for a Rep or Dem is nothing but a PROXY that will benefit a minority, super-rich elite "club" only -- and leave the other 90 percent of us out in the cold without representation. If 2000 - 2006 under the Reps and 2006 - 2008 under the Dems hasn't made this clear that the Rep-Dem party does not represent ordinary Americans (economically speaking), I don't know what will.

Third party (United States) presidential candidates, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections