Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, I want to see a drug test.

That's just the au natural power of Republican Jesus bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 10:54 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Okay, Obamatrons, I'll repeat this because I know you are so programmed to hate that you cannot understand reason.

When they do TV interviews, they film hours and hours of footage, so they can have a lot of material to choose from in order to create a riveting, watchable show. In several hours of film, there is bound to be moments of stupidity, silliness, or incoherence. The networks (except for Fox) are pro-Obama, that's pretty much out in the open, and no one is even bothering to deny it anymore. They want McCain to lose the election, and destroying Palin's credibility on TV is a good way to do that. As an interviewer, Charles Gibson came off as a constipated, disapproving headmaster, and couldn't even maintain a semblance of professionalism and hide his disdain for Palin. Couric went the phoney, "all girls together" route, but she showed her (cougar) fangs went it mattered!

Look, the bottom line is that these networks wanted Palin to look bad, and, in the words of Capt. Jean-luc Picard, they made it so. They could make Obama, Bill Clinton, or Abraham Lincoln himself look like a blithering idiot if they wanted to. Perhaps your brainwashed minds can figure out why she came across okay in her two-part interview with Sean Hannity, but not the other two interviews. Go on - give it a try. I know you can do it!

Last edited by looking4home; 09-27-2008 at 11:03 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Okay, Obamatrons, I'll repeat this because I know you are so programmed to hate that you cannot understand reason.

When they do TV interviews, they film hours and hours of footage, so they can have a lot of material to choose from in order to create a riveting, watchable show. In several hours of film, there is bound to be moments of stupidity, silliness, or incoherence. The networks (except for Fox) are pro-Obama, that's pretty much out in the open, and no one is even bothering to deny it anymore. They want McCain to lose the election, and destroying Palin's credibility on TV is a good way to do that. As an interviewer, Charles Gibson came off as a constipated, disapproving headmaster, and couldn't even maintain a semblance of professionalism and hide his disdain for Palin. Couric went the phoney, "all girls together" route, but she showed her (cougar) fangs went it mattered!

Look, the bottom line is that these networks wanted Palin to look bad, and, in the words of Capt. Jean-luc Picard, they made it so. They could make Obama, Bill Clinton, or Abraham Lincoln himself look like a blithering idiot if they wanted to. Perhaps your brainwashed minds can figure out why she came across okay in her two-part interview with Sean Hannity, but not the other two interviews. Go on - give it a try. I know you can do it!
Do they know you got out?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Quote:

The networks (except for Fox) are pro-Obama, that's pretty much out in the open, and no one is even bothering to deny it anymore.
No one? Maybe Fox stopped denying it -- or more accurately: is spinning it that way -- but the mainstream media is deeply CORPORATE! That is Wall Street -- Republican! I hear claims that MSNBC is so liberal. They're owned by G.E. for Heaven's sake, and have fired all of their most outspoken anti-Bush, anti-Iraq-War programmers. CNN is so worried about ratings and ad revenue that they've become a non-substance, say-nothing-unpopular "jellyfish" of a "news" outlet. CNN = Contains No News!!

Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 PM

177 posts, read 261,397 times
I just watched a few minutes of Palin's interview with infamous Katie. I was utterly surprised to witness Palin's response. She was for loss of words and I felt kinda sorry for her.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Couric is ugly and pinched-faced, which might make her look cute and perky while she's young. But just wait until she starts getting the mini-facelifts, botox treatments,etc.
It's sad and pathetic to think she chases after young men --yes, just like it's pathetic when old geezers chase after young chicks. And I don't care what kind of credentials she has, it's well known in the biz that she's dumb as a rock.
Katie Couric isn't running for Vice President. I couldn't care less who she dates or what she looks like - it's irrelevant. What's truly sad and pathetic is that you have to stoop to the level of criticizing an interviewer's appearance and social life in an effort to defend the indefensible stupidity of the woman who is running for the second highest office in the nation. The fact of the matter is, Couric asked direct questions, asked for specific answers, and Palin was simply incapable of saying anything that wasn't hand fed to her. Period.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
I just watched a few minutes of Palin's interview with infamous Katie. I was utterly surprised to witness Palin's response. She was for loss of words and I felt kinda sorry for her.
You must have seen the edited version.

In the unedited version her oratory prowess surpased those of Reverand Martin Luther King, she made John F. Kennedy's 'ask not' speech sound like a kindergartner's first recital, she made Churchill's speech sound like he was surrendering on the beach.

Here, watch the uncut version,

YouTube - Sarah's Motivational Speech

Old 09-27-2008, 11:53 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Well, you all should be happy then! Ecstatic even. Palin is as dumb as a barbell! So she'll make McCain look bad and he'll lose to The One Who Has Three Names. Start celebrating!!!! Go snort some coke (or was he smoking crack?) like your messiah did in his glorious community organizing days. Hmmm...I wonder what else he did during that time? Or might be still doing, you know, on the down-low.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Well, you all should be happy then! Ecstatic even. Palin is as dumb as a barbell. The she'll make McCain look bad and he'll lose to the One Who Has Three Names. start celebrating!!!! Snort some coke like your messiah did in his glorious community organizing days. hmmm...I wonder what else he did during that time? Or might be still doing, you know, on the down-low. (he-he)
When they finally catch you, I really think you should take the medicine. It will make you feel better, honest, and then, maybe, they'll let you out without the guys in the white jackets. Just try it, ok? I bet you'll be able to find home then. OK?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
You must have seen the edited version.

In the unedited version her oratory prowess surpased those of Reverand Martin Luther King, she made John F. Kennedy's 'ask not' speech sound like a kindergartner's first recital, she made Churchill's speech sound like he was surrendering on the beach.

Here, watch the uncut version,

YouTube - Sarah's Motivational Speech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections