Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes, blacks can still complain about racism 47 63.51%
No, blacks cannot complain about racism 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Did I imply that?

I will say it AGAIN - and I'm going to ask you the same question again.

- It's GREAT that blacks have all these opportunities for a good education. - Why are there so few who are taking advantage of them?

One of my wife's co-workers has a daughter who is headed to Grambling next year. That's GREAT! So why are there so many blacks who are sitting around talking about how it can't be done?

...and for the record, you're going to have to provide PROOF of this "preferential treatment" white kids are getting at these HBCUs.
Do you know that there are soooooo many blacks sitting around talking about how it can't be done, or are you speculating?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Do you know that there are soooooo many blacks sitting around talking about how it can't be done, or are you speculating?
Oh good grief. Open your eyes. Open your ears.

Maybe it's just because I'm in a very racially diverse area, where people tend to talk. I don't know.

And why don't you even bother trying to accurately portray what I said? I did NOT say that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many blacks sitting around... That makes your whole post rather inane.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There isn't anything wrong with racism as long as it is not used against them.. i.e. jobs, pay, housing, etc. etc. For instance, you can dislike people with brown hair... should you change because society deems we are all equal... but even if we all are equal, don't you have the right to dislike a person?... equality doesn't mean you have to force yourself to like someone... it just means, being treated equally in the job market, pay schedule, etc. ...
No, there is a whole lot wrong with racism, no matter how you spin it.

Quote:
Racism today is alot different than racism of the old times... people today that are racist against blacks are more hateful of blacks that think the world owes them something, dress like a thug and acts like a retard, etc. etc. The more professional a black person acts, then you see that racism disappear... its all about how you present yourself... you want to be treated differently, then start dressing and talking appropriately without the attitude...
I wish you were right. You are not.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that Obama is NEVER referred to as "half-white". NEVER.
He is sometimes called "biracial."

But why is it interesting? He is a person of African and European ancestry. In America that makes him, and the vast majority of people who are descended from Africans, "black" or "African American."

Old 12-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief. Open your eyes. Open your ears.

Maybe it's just because I'm in a very racially diverse area, where people tend to talk. I don't know.

And why don't you even bother trying to accurately portray what I said? I did NOT say that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many blacks sitting around... That makes your whole post rather inane.
Son, the ironies in your posts abound. You might be in a very diverse area, but you obviously don't have diversity of thoughts and experience.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
I refer to obama as what he is. a politician. black, white, no matter. they are all worthless sacks of crap.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,180 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that Obama is NEVER referred to as "half-white". NEVER.
Why is that interesting? It is the African American aspect of his heritage that is newsworthy and what made the election so significant. It doesn't mean that anyone doesn't realize that he is part white too or are attempting to ignore that fact. He identifies himself as a black man and has every right to do so without being dissected.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
He is sometimes called "biracial."

But why is it interesting? He is a person of African and European ancestry. In America that makes him, and the vast majority of people who are descended from Africans, "black" or "African American."
Okay, I'll make a note of it next time I hear Barack Obama referred to as a "European American."

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Why is that interesting? It is the African American aspect of his heritage that is newsworthy and what made the election so significant. It doesn't mean that anyone doesn't realize that he is part white too or are attempting to ignore that fact. He identifies himself as a black man and has every right to do so without being dissected.
Did I say he doesn't have that right?

I'm just saying it's very interesting that he is NEVER referred to as half-white.

If he's our nation's first black President, isn't he ALSO just another white President?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,180 times
Quote:
Did I say he doesn't have that right?

I'm just saying it's very interesting that he is NEVER referred to as half-white.

If he's our nation's first black President, isn't he ALSO just another white President?
The "ALSO just" part of your post says it all. As I said, minimizing his "blackness" is another way of trying to minimize the significance of his acheivement. That is crystal clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections