Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
disrepect?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Not just Bush, but Reagan as well - both showed their great reverance for THE OFFICE of the president. Obviously, obama thinks he is above the office.

Why is it that republican presidents have so much respect for the office of the presidency, while democrats show so much disrespect? I don't think we need to be reminded of what Bubba did in the oval office, do we?
Here you go.
Two seconds of research and you could have avoided looking so misinformed. Did Rush put you up to that?

Bush Jacketless In Oval Office: Photo Uncovered After Bush Chief Of Staff Slams Obama's Informal Appearance (SLIDESHOW)

Last edited by RedNC; 02-08-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 02-08-2009, 09:02 AM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I was amused by Obama trying to get into the WH via a fixed window. The media gave him a pass but made fun and used the picture of Bush trying to open a locked door. I mean, seriously, how many of us have done the same thing. These are such silly things and I think we have bigger things to worry about.
I missed that. He was trying to climb into the White House via a fixed window???? That can not be .

Old 02-08-2009, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Here you go.
Two seconds of research and you could have avoided looking so misinformed. Did Rush put you up to that?
Here you go - jot off an email to CNN and tell them how uninformed they are.

I have a feeling comprehension is not one of your strong suits - notice the date of the CNN story and the date of the HuffPo story. Please, to avoid showing your ignorance again, you must thoroughly research before making such a claim.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - A major Bush rule gets scrapped by Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 02-08-2009, 03:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Here you go - jot off an email to CNN and tell them how uninformed they are.

I have a feeling comprehension is not one of your strong suits - notice the date of the CNN story and the date of the HuffPo story. Please, to avoid showing your ignorance again, you must thoroughly research before making such a claim.

did you not see the photos of Bush and other POTUS in the oval office w/o jackets? What else needs to be said?

Old 02-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
did you not see the photos of Bush and other POTUS in the oval office w/o jackets? What else needs to be said?
At the time CNN reported on this (not me, btw), no.

When did the HuffPo story come out? They must have benn digging to china to come up with the pics.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
At the time CNN reported on this (not me, btw), no.

When did the HuffPo story come out? They must have benn digging to china to come up with the pics.
who cares when they came out or how far they had to dig to find them?! They are there, they are reality. Can we please discuss something that matters?

Old 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
I believe the point is, Sanrene, you are quick to run with any story that gives you an excuse to bash the President, without ever checking facts.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I believe the point is, Sanrene, you are quick to run with any story that gives you an excuse to bash the President, without ever checking facts.
Well, let's see. CNN reported this little tidbit - shouldn't they have scoured the internet for a pic of Bush without his jacket? And then, lo and behold, HuffPo comes up with a pic, not on the same day as the CNN story.

So, I guess I should have waited to see if any other news outlet could debunk the CNN story - is that what you're saying?

Hasn't the Left been running with factless stories about Bush for 8 years?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Well, let's see. CNN reported this little tidbit - shouldn't they have scoured the internet for a pic of Bush without his jacket? And then, lo and behold, HuffPo comes up with a pic, not on the same day as the CNN story.

So, I guess I should have waited to see if any other news outlet could debunk the CNN story - is that what you're saying?

Hasn't the Left been running with factless stories about Bush for 8 years?
uuummm, no.

Don't admit you were wrong, or anything. Just blame it on CNN.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:51 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
Quote:
No. Learn to do your own research and form your opinion based on facts instead of relying on a blog to tell you what to think.

Ovcotto easily found a pic of a coatless President Kennedy, linked on page 3 of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections