Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
You are an as*hole.
Of the worst kind. Just a little coward behind a keyboard typing away free from the scrutiny of real time human interaction. A total chump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Steve Schmidt, John McCain's former chief campaign strategist, said today that if former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin were to be the Republican nominee, it would be "catastrophic" for the Republican Party.
Well no ****, Sherlock.

I wonder if he thought of that before the McCain campaign picked her to be the VP nominee? She was just as bad of a choice then, yet they picked her anyway and she proceeded to be the death blow to their campaign.

It's not like anything was going to save McCain at that point anyway, but they basically sealed their own fate by picking her.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Well the GOP has a major problem then.

1) The party has been hijacked by the loony fringe

2) The tea-birthers love and I mean LOVE Palin

3) Fox news, the mouthpiece of the fringe right, promotes her existence to no end, further reinforcing 1 and 2.

So I could potentially see her winning a GOP primary. Although honestly, while I think she is dumb, I don't think she is dumb enough to run for POTUS. She is making money, and will continue to make money giving prepackaged everyday-garden-variety-talking point speeches to the tea-birther types. Why mess up a good gig?

Her lack of knowledge in regards to government, Bush like Faux Pas, outward and obvious resentment towards the media, and her victim role she has assumed are the least of her problems. If she became the face of the GOP in 2012, they would bombard her about quitting office in Alaska in the middle of her term. It would be endless, and (combined with her many other flaws) her run would be over before it even started.
Excellent post. As for why she would run, to be blunt about it I simply think she's an attention *****.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,527 times
I am defintely on the right side of the spectrum, and think that Palin would not be a good canidate yet. She could get in on the cabinet for what ever Republican wins this next time. Hold that office and show that she is results driven and possibly gain support for a future run at it. She has alot of time. I bought a T-shirt during the last Election that read "Anyone but Hillary" and now I wish I would have had 2 names on that one. Republicans need to slide more to the middle to have any shot.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:
She could get in on the cabinet for what ever Republican wins this next time
alaska oil czar

Old 11-22-2009, 08:27 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Run Sarah Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I betcha Pres. Obama can't defeat ya....
LOL....I hope she wins the nomination so Obama can practically waltz into his second term.

Please GOP, pick her.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:52 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL....I hope she wins the nomination so Obama can practically waltz into his second term.

Please GOP, pick her.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
It's a shame Obama is too classy to do that.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 PM

25 posts, read 34,715 times
Don't know how to spell it, j*r*o*x2?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM

25 posts, read 34,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It's a shame Obama is too classy to do that.
Too classy to waltz? How about a pirouette into a jump shot for that would-be hoopster? Class begins at home and BO doesn't have it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections