Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you know, I just love to see the democrats (the liberal ones that is) keep repeating, "let Palin run" we will be sure to get re-elected. Isn't it a shame when you have to depend on what you think is a weak candidate to feel you are going to get the election? It is like the name calling. It shows how desperate you are to hold onto the white house. Wouldn't it have been nice had you been able to say "we have done a great job" and deserve to win, instead of "put a bad candidate up" so people have no choice but to support us...

Nita

reps to you!
what a lot of truth in your statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 08:13 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,503,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
There is no way in hell she will be the GOP candidate in 2012.
No she won't. I think the majority of Americans would agree with the OP.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Run Sarah Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I betcha Pres. Obama can't defeat ya....

Old 11-16-2009, 08:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Palin Would Be "Catastrophic" Choice for 2012

First Draft of History

Steve Schmidt, John McCain's former chief campaign strategist, said today that if former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin were to be the Republican nominee, it would be "catastrophic" for the Republican Party.

"I think that she has talents, but my honest view is that she would not be a winning candidate for the Republican Party in 2012, and in fact, were she to be the nominee, we would have a catastrophic election result."

"In the year since the election has ended, she has done nothing to expand her appeal beyond the base ... The independent vote is going to be up for grabs in 2012. That middle of the electorate is going to be determinative of the outcome of the elections. I just don't see that if you look at the things she has done over the year... that she is going to expand that base in the middle."

Schmidt is the highest ranking former member of McCain's inner circle to openly criticize Palin. He has largely remained silent since the election, being one of the few McCain staff members privy to the entire vice presidential selection process. Partisan political allies have blamed Schmidt for unflattering leaks -- including the famous, unattributed quote that Palin had "gone rogue" in the final weeks of the campaign. Schmidt has denied being the source of the leaks, though he has acknowledged tensions with Palin during the campaign.
Isn't Schmidt the bald guy (looks like Lex Luther) she picks on in her book along with Nicole Wallace? I remember Wallace's name because that was the name of a deadly recurring character in Law & Order: Criminal Intent. But if Schmidt is the other one, he's not credible since he's been after Palin since the campaign ended. Her book is just revenge on him because she's largely stayed silent until now and now he's whining about her, again. If I have Schmidt mixed up with some other guy, forget I mentioned it. My Palin book arrives today, so I can't check yet.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I will change my party affiliation to support Ms. Palin during the New Hampshire primaries. I believe she would be a very realistic representative of the apparent base of the Republican Party.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will change my party affiliation to support Ms. Palin during the New Hampshire primaries. I believe she would be a very realistic representative of the apparent base of the Republican Party.
Greg, I have followed your views for a long time, I can't believe you are serious..???

Nita

Are you saying this so because you think she would be easy to beat or are you really serious!!???

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,876 times
Personally, I think she's more powerful not running. Look at Rush Limbaugh. He's one of the most powerful men in America because of his platform of 20 million listeners daily. Sarah Palin should remain an influence, not a politician.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
palin would be "catastrophic" choice for 2012

first draft of history

steve schmidt, john mccain's former chief campaign strategist, said today that if former alaska gov. Sarah palin were to be the republican nominee, it would be "catastrophic" for the republican party.

"i think that she has talents, but my honest view is that she would not be a winning candidate for the republican party in 2012, and in fact, were she to be the nominee, we would have a catastrophic election result."

"in the year since the election has ended, she has done nothing to expand her appeal beyond the base ... The independent vote is going to be up for grabs in 2012. That middle of the electorate is going to be determinative of the outcome of the elections. I just don't see that if you look at the things she has done over the year... That she is going to expand that base in the middle."

schmidt is the highest ranking former member of mccain's inner circle to openly criticize palin. He has largely remained silent since the election, being one of the few mccain staff members privy to the entire vice presidential selection process. Partisan political allies have blamed schmidt for unflattering leaks -- including the famous, unattributed quote that palin had "gone rogue" in the final weeks of the campaign. Schmidt has denied being the source of the leaks, though he has acknowledged tensions with palin during the campaign.
bologna........................

Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
Personally, I think she's more powerful not running. Look at Rush Limbaugh. He's one of the most powerful men in America because of his platform of 20 million listeners daily. Sarah Palin should remain an influence, not a politician.
I agree 110%

Nita

Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Run Sarah Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I betcha Pres. Obama can't defeat ya....
Here's a little secret you might want to keep in mind.

Quote:
Just 28 percent of those surveyed by the CNN and Opinion Research Corp. say former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is qualified to serve as president, while 70 percent say she is not. Speculation about Palin's potential interest in the 2012 Republican nomination has been spurred by the publication of a memoir filled with regrets about the conduct of last year's McCain-Palin presidential campaign.
70% Say Palin Not Qualified to Be President | GOVERNING (http://www.governing.com/news-item/70-say-palin-not-qualified-be-president - broken link)

Please. Support her now. Send money right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections