Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Here's a little secret you might want to keep in mind.

70% Say Palin Not Qualified to Be President | GOVERNING (http://www.governing.com/news-item/70-say-palin-not-qualified-be-president - broken link)

Please. Support her now. Send money right away.
ok, two issues here: one, when was this poll taken and 2-how many in thier right mind pay much attention to polls conducted by CNN and Opionion Research Corp.??

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, two issues here: one, when was this poll taken and 2-how many in thier right mind pay much attention to polls conducted by CNN and Opionion Research Corp.??

Nita
The survey took place November 13-15 (09)

As a hard core RW I'd expect that you'd question anything from CNN. Bear in mind, you can certainly look into their methodology by actually doing some homework instead of blindly questioning it.. Opinion Research is a legit organization with historically accurate polls.

Now, assume it was biased for a moment. 28% in this poll suggested that Palin is qualified to be president. 28%

Even if it were flawed, it can't possibly be that blatant. Typically pollsters are +/- 3 points, maybe 5.

You realize that if it had an error of 50%, it would still suggest only 42% of Americans thought she was qualified.

That speaks volumes. But only if you're actually willing to hear a dose of the truth.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
The survey took place November 13-15 (09)

As a hard core RW I'd expect that you'd question anything from CNN. Bear in mind, you can certainly look into their methodology by actually doing some homework instead of blindly questioning it.. Opinion Research is a legit organization with historically accurate polls.

Now, assume it was biased for a moment. 28% in this poll suggested that Palin is qualified to be president. 28%

Even if it were flawed, it can't possibly be that blatant. Typically pollsters are +/- 3 points, maybe 5.

You realize that if it had an error of 50%, it would still suggest only 42% of Americans thought she was qualified.

That speaks volumes. But only if you're actually willing to hear a dose of the truth.
actually if you would read many of my posts you would see, that, first of all I am not a Palin supporter in any way, means or form..If she were the candidate, I don't know who I would vote for? Most likely the libertarian candidate, but I doubt I will have to face that delima and 2- I am really not far right wing, I am to the right of middle, that is for sure, but certainly not right wing extremist...I just can not bring myself, at this stage of the game to take any of this too seriously and we all know any poll, is based on who is asking the questions and how they are being asked. Is she qualified right now? I would probably have answer NO, certainly neither is Obama, will she be qualified in 3 years, heck I don't know. it depends on if she really wants it and is willing to learn.

Nita

Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Is she qualified right now? I would probably have answer NO, certainly neither is Obama, will she be qualified in 3 years, heck I don't know. it depends on if she really wants it and is willing to learn.

Nita
Nonsense. Utter nonsense. Figured you blow off the poll without research the methodology.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Palin/Jindal for the Republican ticket in 2012.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:07 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Palin/Jindal for the Republican ticket in 2012.

4 More years of Obama/Biden.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
I doubt she will run for a national position ever again. She has learned how much digging into your personal life there is. She wants to keep her family mess in Alaska. That's why she watches Levi like a hawk. Also why when Bristol was being interviewed by Greta V. S. she was just behind the curtain and popped in when she thought the questioning was getting to warm to revealing or spilling the beans. This was right after Levi's son was born.

She is being smart now by selling a book of mean nastiness about a man and his campaign workers put her on the national scene. Rake in the dough today Sarah, who knows what may be up by the end of your planned signing tour.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:17 PM

25 posts, read 34,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I am an event producer for a very large national company. I personally worked on the Arizona portion of John McCain's presidential campaign. I Also was involved in some Palin events, public and private here in Arizona. I can predict with some certainty that she will never be nominated for anything representing the mainstream Republican Party. Someone, eventually will tell the real story of the 2008 Republican campaign regarding Palin. But it won't be me.
Just tell us the real story about how John McCain, of all people, became the Republican presidential candidate.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post

4 More years of Obama/Biden.
Gag us with a spoon.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Nita
...or pay attention to polls taken way too soon. Obama is just getting his "feet wet," staying one step ahead of the mortician by leaving the country at the exact right moment. He pays attention and gets an advantage by things like Mike Jackson's overdose invigorating the headline writers when, otherwise, people would be watching him spending our money and simply printing more of it as a coverup for his profligacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections