Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:09 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Obama is just getting his "feet wet," staying one step ahead of the mortician by leaving the country at the exact right moment.
You are an as*hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:24 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgypat View Post
...or pay attention to polls taken way too soon. Obama is just getting his "feet wet," staying one step ahead of the mortician by leaving the country at the exact right moment. He pays attention and gets an advantage by things like Mike Jackson's overdose invigorating the headline writers when, otherwise, people would be watching him spending our money and simply printing more of it as a coverup for his profligacy.
I'm not sure what it is that you are getting at ... please clarify.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgypat View Post
...or pay attention to polls taken way too soon. Obama is just getting his "feet wet," staying one step ahead of the mortician by leaving the country at the exact right moment. He pays attention and gets an advantage by things like Mike Jackson's overdose invigorating the headline writers when, otherwise, people would be watching him spending our money and simply printing more of it as a coverup for his profligacy.
Comments like that don't belong here. Totally uncalled for.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Comments like that don't belong here. Totally uncalled for.
I agree.
Maybe pudgy will get a visit?

The White House

Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm not sure what it is that you are getting at ... please clarify.
He's said enough. Please, less is more.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:55 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,991 times
Palin could be a serious candidate but, for one thing, she doesn't have the right persona. If she is serious, she needs to change her downhome schoolgirl image. Its not that I disapprove of like the way she looks. I think that she is very attractive, just not overly-polished. But to be a serious contender for the oval office, I think that she would need to dress more professionally at all times, get rid of the long hair, take speech lessons to shed the country dialect, and, above all, get her personal and family issues out of the picture somehow. This comment isn't intended to be sexist in any way. I would say the same thing about alot of men if they presented themselves in a similar manner.

Last edited by Central Illinois 1; 11-19-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
Palin could be a serious candidate but, for one thing, she doesn't have the right persona. If she is serious, she needs to change her downhome schoolgirl image. Its not that I disapprove of like the way she looks. I think that she is very attractive, just not overly-polished. But to be a serious contender for the oval office, I think that she would need to dress more professionally at all times, get rid of the long hair, take speech lessons to shed the country dialect, and, above all, get her personal and family issues out of the picture somehow. This comment isn't intended to be sexist in any way. I would say the same thing about alot of men if they presented themselves in a similar manner.
What country dialect? I guess I missed that. As for her personal life, it is pretty hard to put it behind her when the media puts it in her face, daily<<

As for her professional dress, I agree, but this could be said about Hillary as well.

NIta

Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 PM

767 posts, read 2,066,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What country dialect? I guess I missed that. As for her personal life, it is pretty hard to put it behind her when the media puts it in her face, daily<<

As for her professional dress, I agree, but this could be said about Hillary as well.

NIta
Agreed. Hillary lacked the polish too and it probably hurt her. Maybe country dialect isn't the best way to describe the way that Palin talks. But she's got sort of a rough way of expressing herself (e.g., "you betcha", "I dunno", I'll get back to ya later on that", etc.). I think that a speech coach could do wonders for her. I'm not a big Obama fan, but you have to admit that his speech is very polished and professional. That's one thing that I think would benefit her greatly. The preganant daughter/Levi thing will go away eventually. But, right now, its creating a circus. Not good for a potential presidential candidate. She's be better off to never talk about it to the press again and just say its private business.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
Agreed. Hillary lacked the polish too and it probably hurt her.
That's simply not true.

Hillary has always been pretty well spoken. Her laugh is horrible, but she speaks well.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Palin Would Be "Catastrophic" Choice for 2012

First Draft of History

Steve Schmidt, John McCain's former chief campaign strategist, said today that if former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin were to be the Republican nominee, it would be "catastrophic" for the Republican Party.

"I think that she has talents, but my honest view is that she would not be a winning candidate for the Republican Party in 2012, and in fact, were she to be the nominee, we would have a catastrophic election result."

"In the year since the election has ended, she has done nothing to expand her appeal beyond the base ... The independent vote is going to be up for grabs in 2012. That middle of the electorate is going to be determinative of the outcome of the elections. I just don't see that if you look at the things she has done over the year... that she is going to expand that base in the middle."

Schmidt is the highest ranking former member of McCain's inner circle to openly criticize Palin. He has largely remained silent since the election, being one of the few McCain staff members privy to the entire vice presidential selection process. Partisan political allies have blamed Schmidt for unflattering leaks -- including the famous, unattributed quote that Palin had "gone rogue" in the final weeks of the campaign. Schmidt has denied being the source of the leaks, though he has acknowledged tensions with Palin during the campaign.

Well the GOP has a major problem then.

1) The party has been hijacked by the loony fringe

2) The tea-birthers love and I mean LOVE Palin

3) Fox news, the mouthpiece of the fringe right, promotes her existence to no end, further reinforcing 1 and 2.

So I could potentially see her winning a GOP primary. Although honestly, while I think she is dumb, I don't think she is dumb enough to run for POTUS. She is making money, and will continue to make money giving prepackaged everyday-garden-variety-talking point speeches to the tea-birther types. Why mess up a good gig?

Her lack of knowledge in regards to government, Bush like Faux Pas, outward and obvious resentment towards the media, and her victim role she has assumed are the least of her problems. If she became the face of the GOP in 2012, they would bombard her about quitting office in Alaska in the middle of her term. It would be endless, and (combined with her many other flaws) her run would be over before it even started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections