Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:29 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
aw, come on! We'd love to hear that!
yea! it can't be any worse than levi johnston's story!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
It would be professionally unethical to discuss client's actions or discussions concerning events contracted through our company. But I can have opinions on various public figures based on my past experience concerning them. I'm sorry for the tease.

I will state again that if I was a betting man I would bet all my money that S. Palin will never be offered a leading role in any mainstream republican campaign. I'd even give odds. Sure, she might speak at a campaign for a local or state politician, just to fire up the radical base and garner a few votes but never as a leading candidate. Believe it or not but many leading republicans quietly consider Palin to be a white elephant on the party as a whole. Unfortunately the republican party is intimidated by the Beck/Limbaugh led radical faction and don't dare speak against them.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
She has retired from politics. Can't the right find someone who is actually a qualified candidate to talk about? You might as well nominate me. I'm a homemaker but I'm a registered republican and held leadership positions in the PTA and other volunteer orgainzations. Trust me, I'd be awesome!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Nobody wants to be a flower in a broken vase. The republican party is fractured right now. At present there are no uniters, only dividers. No major republican figures want the job right now after they threw John McCain under the bus. I was a republican for 35 years, changed to independant 3 years ago.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,292,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Believe it or not but many leading republicans quietly consider Palin to be a white elephant on the party as a whole. Unfortunately the republican party is intimidated by the Beck/Limbaugh led radical faction and don't dare speak against them.

Mohawkx the last sentence is exactly why i doubt i'll ever rejoin the republican party as a card carrying member. I do not think they have any idea how many younger conservatives they have completely turned away over the last few years especially the last 9 months. I think come election time in 2010, they are going to find out, this behavior is not widely accepted and those vocal lunatics will learn the truth about how they are really a minority of the republican party. It is time we purge the party of these individuals. They do not remotely come close to representing the views or ideology of true conservatism. The only way the Republican party in its current form will remain viable to future generations is to start denouncing these individuals and completely getting rid of them. The party leaders need to do it before many more individuals like myself leave for the exit door with no intention of ever returning.

The religious wackos, the hateful unamerican older angry "white males," are signaling the death of this party. The republicans need to purge the non-conservative base and start to move back towards conservative issues. You cannot promise citizens less government expansion without getting rid of one or both of the largest entitlement programs in this country (ie social security or medicare). They need to realize the southern strategy does not work. I'm almost convinced they are purposely allowing the wackos to take control to signal the end of the party and rid themselves of the religious right and racist. Why else wouldn't the intelligent conservatives that are still members not speak out against some of this non-sense?

Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
I like Palin and agree with her on everything but she is damaged goods. The libs destroyed her. Although she can still sell plenty of books.

I just hope whoever the GOP nominee is they would be somebody John McCain and his ilk would not approve of. RINOS like McCain are catastrophic and certain losers.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
I will vote for her in a heartbeat if she runs. In a heartbeat.

Old 10-03-2009, 02:27 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Jeb Bush/Sarah Palin.

Enough said.

Obama 2012!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:36 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Clinton lowered the bar to where Bush could get elected, Bush lowered the bar to where Obama could get elected. Palin is therefore a possibility. At least she wouldn't be any worse than what we have right now.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
Mohawkx the last sentence is exactly why i doubt i'll ever rejoin the republican party as a card carrying member. I do not think they have any idea how many younger conservatives they have completely turned away over the last few years especially the last 9 months. I think come election time in 2010, they are going to find out, this behavior is not widely accepted and those vocal lunatics will learn the truth about how they are really a minority of the republican party. It is time we purge the party of these individuals. They do not remotely come close to representing the views or ideology of true conservatism. The only way the Republican party in its current form will remain viable to future generations is to start denouncing these individuals and completely getting rid of them. The party leaders need to do it before many more individuals like myself leave for the exit door with no intention of ever returning.

The religious wackos, the hateful unamerican older angry "white males," are signaling the death of this party. The republicans need to purge the non-conservative base and start to move back towards conservative issues. You cannot promise citizens less government expansion without getting rid of one or both of the largest entitlement programs in this country (ie social security or medicare). They need to realize the southern strategy does not work. I'm almost convinced they are purposely allowing the wackos to take control to signal the end of the party and rid themselves of the religious right and racist. Why else wouldn't the intelligent conservatives that are still members not speak out against some of this non-sense?
Iam not white and Iam not a racist! [Iam religious]
It would be more intelligent to rid our selves of conservatives who do not believe in a religion,
there are very few of them .Intelligent people belong with the demcrats they are the ones who know what is best for americans because americans,they believe, are to stupid to think for themselves
America will always be a religous nation wether intelligent people like it or not. cuba has been trying to get rid of religion.for dacades.the russians try to get rid of religion until now they have not been able to and theese are nations that have been ruled by Intelligent people,with an iron fist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections