Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times

Advertisements

Kiev is going to cooperate with UN in solving the problem. Wise decision.

Regions should have more rights, I guess federal state is more adequate form (as Belgium, Austria, Germany).

The idea for this region to be "independent" or to become a part of the other country is a bad one.
I don't like it.

In the peninsula at least the situation was more easy to do this and we have some plans how to invest in this region.

But to annex other regions is a crazy thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Gorlovka. Guy thrown off roof during the installation of the Russian flag. Enraged crowd after that stormed the building.

Sturm ended successfully, the Interior Ministry building seized by the separatists.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 04-14-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 04-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
But to annex other regions is a crazy thing.
Yes. But Putin will not leave without the help of eastern Ukraine, when people are dying there, as Yeltsin left the Serbs. This greatly bring down his rating, because Russian believe that the residents of eastern Ukraine also Russian, and the invaders have come to them home. Now leave them without the help of equivalent to treason. "Russian is not leave in trouble."

Traps for Russia. Most likely we must prepare for new sanctions.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes. But Putin will not leave without the help of eastern Ukraine, when people are dying there, as Yeltsin left the Serbs. This greatly bring down his rating, because Russian believe that the residents of eastern Ukraine also Russian, and the invaders have come to them home. Now leave them without the help of equivalent to treason. "Russian is not leave in trouble."

Traps for Russia. Most likely we must prepare for new sanctions.
You are right!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:25 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times
Quote:
will not leave without the help of eastern Ukraine, when people are dying there
To be honest, I don't see people dying there. Perhaps one or two during the conflicts.

Quote:
This greatly bring down his rating
Why? He can explain that now the situation is different. TV will explain and praise him for being a reasonable man They can "explain" anything.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Beyond the question of who is right or wrong, (the West or Russia), or who lies the most (Western or Russian medias) I 'm terribly preoccupied by the events in Ukraine. I'm thinking about it all the time, because for us in Europe it's much closer than Syria, Irak or Afghanistan. I sincerely hope reason will prevail, and everybody will finally come to reason.
But I can't help having a bad feeling....
You are afraid of the threat of war? I do not think it is you can touch you. Only if the economy will be affected.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Why? He can explain that now the situation is different. TV will explain and praise him for being a reasonable man They can "explain" anything.
I think it will depend on the position of other parties, as well as how many resources have been involved.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
To be honest, I don't see people dying there. Perhaps one or two during the conflicts.

You understand that there is a lot of relatives and explanation will not help here. things can change at any moment. As long as people do not die, but if there are constant provocations, then things can change. I understand that people shoot at each other will not be hand-rises. But if it will be mercenaries from other countries, they will start to shoot without remorseor will it be the right sector.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Quote:
Do you really think that in Russia want to fight with the Ukrainians? This is the same fight with themselves
You know I just do not see absolutely ANY urgency at all in quelling the 'battle' that began in he Crimea and now spreading like a virus to the eastern and southern regions. I don't know. Does mr. putin want everything to go to hell? So all of a sudden everybody wants to be 'pro Russian now???? It's as if we're in Russian/Ukrainian medical school and we see how a nationalistc pathogen spreads like a wildfire through an ill country. Both Ukraine and Russia needs good doctors now. they're not getting them. Doctor doctor give me a nurse!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
You know I just do not see absolutely ANY urgency at all in quelling the 'battle' that began in he Crimea and now spreading like a virus to the eastern and southern regions. I don't know. Does mr. putin want everything to go to hell? So all of a sudden everybody wants to be 'pro Russian now???? It's as if we're in Russian/Ukrainian medical school and we see how a nationalistc pathogen spreads like a wildfire through an ill country. Both Ukraine and Russia needs good doctors now. they're not getting them. Doctor doctor give me a nurse!
Who told you that? East was from the beginning with Russia. Apparently for you it did not show on your channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe