Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 07:11 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times

Advertisements

Sorry but I would have a hard time believing anything concerning the Ukraine from a Russian TV station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Sorry but I would have a hard time believing anything concerning the Ukraine from a Russian TV station.
Moscow claims that the current Ukrainian government consists of Banderovtsy's dressed in red and black. Banderovtsy's are extreme right wingers who modeled themselves after the Gestapo during WW2.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:14 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Ariete's pictures and that old timey 'Bandera Waltz' got me thinking...

Curious how the following would be received now if sung in the 'East' and 'South'. Question is is it being sung???? Not sure if the anthem would be deemed verboten to be sung now or if the opening words would then elicit cracklin' gunshots into a crowd......

Ukrainian National Anthem - "Shche Ne Vmerla Ukrainy" (UK/EN) - YouTube

Old 05-30-2014, 08:31 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
And I read contradictory reports in the English-speaking media. Whom do you believe? I didn't inhale. Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. Subprime is AAA. You can keep your current plan. Libya is stable and open for business.

erasure, do you know what is the current reality on the ground? I read that Russia is withdrawing its troops from the border and that Ukraine troops are making progress in retaking territory in Donbass. Yet I also read opinions that Russia will be able to influence events in Ukraine in its own favor for a long time.

It sounds like the Russians have made some kind of deal with the new Ukraine president and that they are sacrificing the separatists, on the one hand, - even an EU mediator said that Ukraine should pay Russia for gas upfront, albeit at a fair market price -, but, on the other hand, the Russians can still send men and materiel across the border to keep up the pressure, though I am not sure.

What is your sense?

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:48 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Nothing. I thought this was a common propaganda thread.
Your propaganda is propaganda of the fascism?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM

84 posts, read 87,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
And I read contradictory reports in the English-speaking media. Whom do you believe? I didn't inhale...What is your sense? Thanks.
All you have written is true. Russia sells gas to Ukraine, carries on traffic with Ukraine and Russian plants have many economic contacts with Ukrainian ones. And some groups in Ukraine and Russia try to get off Kiev's control over East-South of Ukraine at the same time. They want to do it using lie and impudence. This is a big villainy.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
My post about the "Bandera Waltz" was an attempt at a joke, since the "Bandera" in the title is actually the name of a Texas town. It is also the Spanish word for "flag".

Old 05-30-2014, 09:42 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
It's sad that according to most posters on this way-too-long-and-no-longer-interesting thread, you are either a Stalinist or a Banderaist when it comes to what is going on in Ukraine.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,242,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Moscow claims that the current Ukrainian government consists of Banderovtsy's dressed in red and black. Banderovtsy's are extreme right wingers who modeled themselves after the Gestapo during WW2.
Yeah there have been a lot of really bizarre claims on this thread. Russia was devastated by Nazi Germany in WW2, so its not surprising dismissing someone as a Nazi or a Fascist still carries a lot of weight with many Russians. I think someone on this thread even claimed the Ukrainians were running concentration camps in eastern Ukraine.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:08 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Yeah there have been a lot of really bizarre claims on this thread. Russia was devastated by Nazi Germany in WW2, so its not surprising dismissing someone as a Nazi or a Fascist still carries a lot of weight with many Russians. I think someone on this thread even claimed the Ukrainians were running concentration camps in eastern Ukraine.
Not only Russian. Poles also was battered by Ukrainian nationalists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...es_in_Volhynia

And today the Ukrainian Insurgent Army is very popular among Ukrainians. This is very annoying people from the east of Ukraine. I wonder what position will the new president of Ukraine Poroshenko.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe