Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There are plenty of Ukrainian rebels, even the current Donetsk leader is a Ukrainian.
Yes, I've noticed that all their leaders there have been replaced with the local ones recently.
So Pavel Gubarev for example hasn't been touched - he is the local one, so is Oleg Tzarev of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 07:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,409,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Right. Dream on, boxus!
Not a dream at all, one of the most bias sources in the world, RFE/RL, puts the number of outsiders at 20%.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
An update from ColCassad.

Colonel Cassad -

If the Ukies aren't real careful they'll find themselves in a world of hurt. Considering the inept performance so far the prediction may just come true.

Vlad didn't look to good at that conference, probably sick.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:40 PM

Anybody verify that Strelkov has been wounded? I heard that yesterday but nothing else.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:23 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Anybody verify that Strelkov has been wounded? I heard that yesterday but nothing else.
Only rumors, but ( at least ) Tzarev denied it.
Rus. Vesna ( or rather the new leader of DNR Zacharchenko) is saying on that site that Strelkov "took a month of vacation" and is currently in Moscow. Then, they say, he is coming back to Donbass, where he has got a "a new job."
However Strelkov is suspiciously absent from public eye lately and the Icorpus ( from what I understand the site where he used to leave updates) hasn't been updated for the last few days.
As I've mentioned earlier, recent attempts to discredit him publicly didn't come out of nowhere.
His last response (to it) dated by 08/05 on Icorpus site.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:01 AM

261 posts, read 256,448 times
about that supposed Russian military convoy that allegedly entered
Ukraine in the night to Friday and was allegedly destroyed in big parts
by Ukrainian artillery ...

Rasmussen had confirmed it
most German online newspapers had it in their headlines yesterday,
mainly speaking of new escalation
but no proofs or pictures were given although the Swedish foreign secretary
said that these do exist
USA didn't confirm it
Russia denies it
Poroschenko communicated it via facebook

best , realistic , nonsensational report in Germany that I found was from Deutschlandfunk

some days ago I remember Rasmussen saying that Russian military intervention
in Ukraine were likely.

makes me suspicious about Rasmussen - shouldn't he be replaced ?
---------------------edit----------------
OK, he will be replaced 2014/09/30 by Jens Stoltenberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Fogh_Rasmussen

As Prime Minister, Rasmussen strongly supported the 2003 Iraq War.
> Iraq has WMDs. It is not something we think, it is something we know

Rumors then spread around Rasmussen's candidacy for Secretary General of NATO.[16]
Rasmussen denied the rumors until a few days before the official announcement of his
selection was made.[17]

[ not someone that I would trust ]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by gsgsgs; 08-16-2014 at 02:19 AM..

Old 08-16-2014, 06:27 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,342,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Rebel military chief Strelkov 'quits'

There was the rumor that he got wounded pretty badly, they denied it, he got replaced and hasn't appeared on TV/in public ever since.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:28 AM

Thanx Viri.

An interesting article about Ukraine selling weapons components to Russia. A great example of why this whole western sponsored coup is utter madness. Ukraine and Russia are inextricably linked when it comes to economic dependence. Who's going to buy engines and machine parts from the Ukraine if Russia can't or doesn't? Germany?

Ukraine factories equip Russian military despite support for rebels - The Washington Post

Old 08-16-2014, 12:22 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,870,120 times
So let's see the situation on the ground today August 16th, 2014 : the Ukies have not seized one inch of territory since 2 months (when the Novorossia forces retreateds tactically from Slaviansk)- winned some, lost some, in the end it's the statu quo. The chocolate oligarch boasted , I remember, all would be over by mid-july.
Time to seat around the negotiating table in my opinion - anyway that is what rational, civilized people would do-. But maybe the negotiating table is something too cool for the western "soft power " (an oxymoron) sponsors of Mr. Poroschenko and his neonazis friends....

Old 08-16-2014, 04:34 PM

Not exactly Pigeon, they have made gains but losses have been tremendous. 257 tanks lost. 126 destroyed and 141 taken by the rebs. How many of those destroyed were recovered is unknown. Rebs have competent well supported mechanics that can keep theirs going. Supposedly east of Lugansk they had a tank fight yesterday. The rebs knocked out 7 Ukie vehicles while only one of theirs was damaged.

Lost Armour | ?????? ????????????

The rebs are punching far above their weight but have been slowly giving ground. The Ukies face a highly mobile, hard hitting, experienced, well supported, highly motivated and well organized resistance. The withdrawal was a smart move, fight on your ground not theirs. The Ukies have **** poor leadership, abysmal coordination, cooperation all round and have to do twice the work tactically.

The Ukies will probably win or be forced to the table, the rebs aren't going to stop humping till they're finished that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe