Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 05:36 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh don't try to explain this to THIS KIND of Ukrainian.
They are familiar only with two colors - black and white.
You mean black and red?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 05:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Another of Valerias videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxgpG3TxxM

Old 01-26-2017, 06:58 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You mean black and red?
That too, but you need to work WHITE in, somewhere there...
The way they see the shining "WEST"

Old 01-26-2017, 11:17 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Yeah... I think the camera and lens of the photographer are more expensive than the property of locals...

When I look at these photos it becomes terrible. These peoples have nothing to lose. They can throw all at any moment and leave on war, to Donbass. And die for phantom Kremlin ideas. And these peoples millions across all Russia...
I do not think that there are millions of such people. They are inhabitants of endangered villages. Life changing. Large agrocomplexes can produce a large amount of agricultural products. People are leaving villages to cities. Life in a city is much easier than life in a village. But some people do not want to go to a town. They enjoy life in a village.

And they will not fight for the Kremlin. It will make much more dangerous people.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Are you saying that free of charge higher education ( so - called "budget" enrollment) is offered ONLY for studies/classes that don't have enough of demand? ( I.e. that are not popular among the high school students.) Should I make a guess that these *unpopular* studies have got something to do with math and physics/chemistry?
All state universities have the budget places on all specialties. Competition may be several people in the place. And mathematics and physics are always popular.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:15 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

I also noticed Constantine mentioned that the cost of gas did not go down in Russia when the price of oil did. Here in America the price rose a few years ago and so did the cost of goods. I noticed the price of gas here has went down but the price of goods has not.
OK, now we're finding some common ground! I asked my neighborhood grocer back then why grocery prices were taking some alarming jumps, and she said it was due to the increase in fuel costs. But when fuel prices crashed, the price escalation didn't stop. And yet no one in the last decade or so has spoken of inflation, as if there hasn't been any hardly. But groceries keep going up, and not by just a few cents at a time, either.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:26 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
All state universities have the budget places on all specialties. Competition may be several people in the place. And mathematics and physics are always popular.
That's what it is in MOSCOW Maxim.
It might be a different story elsewhere.
That's why I'd like to hear more from K. on a subject.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
That's what it is in MOSCOW Maxim.
It might be a different story elsewhere.
That's why I'd like to hear more from K. on a subject.
I don't know how in Moscow.
I studied in Ivanovo 10 years ago (Ivanovo State Power Engineering University).

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 01-27-2017 at 02:06 AM..

Old 01-27-2017, 09:01 AM

7 posts, read 4,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't understand the last sentence in your post.
In recent years, world oil prices went down. And judging by feedbacks of Americans, petrol prices went to the USA down. And in Russia on the contrary! Petrol prices grew. It made the government, for increase in the fiscal duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, I'm aware of how much gas costs the average worker in Russia; a friend told me over 10 years ago that he can only buy a few gallons a month, or something. I wonder if the price is different for industry and trucking (distribution of goods); it would cause inflation if it were too expensive for the people who move food to market, and who are involved in the distribution of consumer goods, equipment, and so on. Perhaps diesel is cheaper?
You are absolutely right! Increase in prices for fuel, especially on diesel fuel, stimulates inflation! What now also occurs! Everything as transport is used in all spheres of economy rises in price. It is a pity that in case of such increase in prices for everything, at us salaries don't grow. And at someone even decreases. At the same time it is necessary to remember that in 2014 the ruble depreciated more than two times. It stimulated too inflation as in many spheres use import technologies and the equipment. And for simple citizens, many import goods became unavailable. Official data of Rosstat on the rate of inflation - lies.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:02 AM

7 posts, read 4,395 times
Quote:

Are you talking about the quality of learning process in secondary schools? Are you saying that it's often so bad, that parents have to pay for private teachers? Does it mean that different schools run on different programs, or programs are the same everywhere, however the teachers are better in some schools than the others? ( I know what its is in Moscow more or less, but not sure whether it's the same everywhere.)
Yes. At some schools of the teacher it is worse, in some it is better. Therefore at us there are a lot of private teachers, businessmen now. Which learn at themselves at home, or at home at the school student. Sometimes without such preparation to arrive in universtitt, on free training - it isn't possible.

Quote:
Are you saying that free of charge higher education ( so - called "budget" enrollment) is offered ONLY for studies/classes that don't have enough of demand? ( I.e. that are not popular among the high school students.) Should I make a guess that these *unpopular* studies have got something to do with math and physics/chemistry?
I will tell on examples. The popular directions of preparation at university are: management, IT, economy, law. Training in these directions very expensive. Therefore students for whom pays the state on these specialties aren't enough.
Other example. Not the popular directions of preparation: mechanical engineering, electrical equipment, agronomics. Here on these the directions, it is possible to study easily at the expense of the state. And sometimes, for the entities, on an example of the plant.

Thank you that you try to understand my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe